Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 8323 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #270 on: August 18, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Funny how Sky is today talking about smugfed having the midas touch when he didn't win gold and never has done in singles  Whistle
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #271 on: August 18, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Funny how Sky is today talking about smugfed having the midas touch when he didn't win gold and never has done in singles  Whistle

Can we please just face the fact that a gold medal is not as important to tennis as it is to say, gymnastics or running? Slams are the goal for any tennis player, and Roger has 17 of those.

I'm not even a Federer fan at all and even then I can understand why a gold medal is not the greatest achievement for the tennis world.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #272 on: August 18, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Ah but as the point of saying someone has the midas touch is that everything turns to gold I'm just pointing out that it didn't in the Olympics t-g
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #273 on: August 20, 2012, 04:18 PM »

Smugfed has not won a singles gold medal at the olympics and never will. I am sure it will stick in his craw that he did not. It may seem unimportant to some but for him it was clearly important. I am so glad Andy beat him and beat him well in straight sets. He could not hide his disappointment so it was clear that he wanted to win. I hope he will be beaten soon again or we will or we will have to put up with his arrogant behaviour.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #274 on: August 20, 2012, 05:27 PM »

So do I lb.  If he wins USO he will be beyond insufferable
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #275 on: August 20, 2012, 05:41 PM »

Simon Reed had already predicated this just last year and I agreed with him right away. His prediction was, the fight between Nole and Nadal would eventually allow both Federer and Andy to win most titles this year. I am not sure how the rest of the year will pan out at this point, but he's at least right about Federer. Nadal seems unhealthy and Nole looks totally spent and Andy is still in quest for his first GS title and probably still a bit overwhelmed/exhausted after his Olympics win, something I don't think Reed, took into account when he made the predictions. In any case, I don't think his predictions are generally true but in this case, he's just dead on. And it’s simply because his predictions were based what was going around at that time.

Federer is definitely the luckiest player but luck favours those who see an opportunity and are prepared for it, and Federer is that guy. While he is a great player no doubt, he’s also the most opportunist player tennis history has ever produced.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #276 on: August 20, 2012, 06:02 PM »

I heard Simon Reed creates curses.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #277 on: October 09, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Get your cash on a US Open win. It's inevitable now.

Mystic Nigel  Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »