Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup

(Read 4426 times)
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #105 on: September 24, 2011, 11:55 AM »

The Mail is the most racist politically biased rag that ever existed and used by the Conservatives to drum up hatred against minorities, the sick and disabled and anyone who makes the readers envious of their lifestyles it is a sick paper run by sick journalists.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #106 on: September 24, 2011, 12:01 PM »

50 million or more for one footballer who may score a goal and falls down pretending to be injured and cheats like mad is the norm? Andy Murray must be the poor man of sport then? Fed and Rafa  are poor men  too I gather?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #107 on: September 24, 2011, 02:34 PM »

So how could Andy have 'won over the wider public' in this case? Should he have said no to Nadal when Nadal asked him to add his voice to their grievances at US Open? Should he have said 'No comment' and thus avoided answering when asked direct questions by the media?

Of course it's no surprise that The Mail etc have whipped it all up to use as a stick to beat him with. Sorry, but I think Andy is his own man who wears his heart  on his sleeve. Yes, it can put him on the line over 'PR' stuff - but it's just him being true to himself. Like it or leave it.

As I have said before - Andy didn't issue his comments as a press release, he merely replied to a question in interview.  He is basically a very honest guy who tells it how it is.  There are those in the British media who seem dead set on crucifying him no matter what he says or does. There is nothing Andy can say or do about that - they will do it anyway.  Hopefully, by next week they may have found another whipping boy.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #108 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37 PM »

Fat chance Alis! no
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #109 on: September 24, 2011, 03:07 PM »

As I have said before - Andy didn't issue his comments as a press release, he merely replied to a question in interview.  He is basically a very honest guy who tells it how it is.  There are those in the British media who seem dead set on crucifying him no matter what he says or does. There is nothing Andy can say or do about that - they will do it anyway.  Hopefully, by next week they may have found another whipping boy.

Alis, either I haven't made my comments clear, or you haven't read them properly, - but we  are making the same points!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #110 on: September 24, 2011, 05:14 PM »

The Mail is the most racist politically biased rag that ever existed and used by the Conservatives to drum up hatred against minorities, the sick and disabled and anyone who makes the readers envious of their lifestyles it is a sick paper run by sick journalists.

clap
And what I really, really don't like is that, apart from the hypocrisy  it pretends to love someone and then, next minute, stabs them in the back.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #111 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Don't shoot the messenger - I'm not Amanda Platell.  However, if folk on here with to challenge her opinion, or enlighten her as to the other side of Andy, then I guess you could always email her at [email protected] and see whether she changes her mind and has the courage to print it.  Andy's campaign for mosquito nets; the Murray family paying for Dunblane school kids to attend the Davis Cup; Set4Sport, etc.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #112 on: September 24, 2011, 07:04 PM »

May I digress on to another subject, which does involve Andy.

That well known master of the tennisworld, the Fed has withdrawn from Shanghai Masters. Andy has been often quoted as saying that the tennis big 4 and others would meet in Shanghai to discuss the probleme generated by playing too many tournaments on the ATP World tour. Is it possible that the true reason for Federer's absence was that he did not want to be seen as a radical opposed to ATP and that it might have a detrimental effect on his faultless image.

Any comments?
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #113 on: September 24, 2011, 07:25 PM »

He does not want to upset the ATP because he is a favoured child of theirs who gets all the best courts and early matches that bring in the money. He's probably still upset that he is not number one and lost the USA open. Whistle
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #114 on: September 24, 2011, 08:09 PM »

He does not want to upset the ATP because he is a favoured child of theirs who gets all the best courts and early matches that bring in the money. He's probably still upset that he is not number one and lost the USA open. Whistle

Or doesnt care what happens because he wont be playing much longer!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #115 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09 PM »

Federer had a load of points to defend in Shanghai,
Good,
It further ensures Andy ending at number 3 this year.
Not that I had too many doubts about it.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #116 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52 AM »

Amanda Platell's comments in her column today in The Mail certainly won't help Andy's image with the British public - 24 years old, £22Million wealth and plays an average of 1.5 matches per week but whinges.

When my sister (happily married to a McNeil for 49 years) reads this she'll hate Murray even more, despite the nice things I say about him.  Opinion will be like a monkey on his back unless he learns to win over the wider public.  Sorry, but it's true and I suspect a stubborn Andy knows it.

Does your sister read that 'rag' as well? The fact is, that the people who don't like Andy, don't know Andy like his fans do, and more to the point, they don't want to, so they are only too happy to believe the tripe that's written about him. Andy bends over backwards to please the public and 'stubborn' doesn't come into it! People like that? I for one couldn't give a toss for what they think!

Ms Platell has a very simplistic way of looking at sport.  She has no clue what it takes to be an elite athlete. She's always shown a real dislike for Andy.  She wrote this after the epic Gasquet match at Wimbledon.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030973/Great-win-Andy-Pity-yobbery.html
She mentions Andy along with Joey Barton and 2 rugby stars accused of rape.  I remember it because it was posted on the am.com forum and fans were talking about it for weeks.  A horrible article.  She does champion Tiger Woods in the article though.

Quite frankly she's a nasty piece of work.  Then again she writes for the DM so I shouldn't really be surprised.  A 'rag' of a paper.  If people are happy to believe everything they read in the 'rags' then that's their problem.  They're no loss to Andy.

I couldn't agree with you more Caz.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #117 on: September 25, 2011, 07:24 AM »

Don't shoot the messenger - I'm not Amanda Platell.  However, if folk on here with to challenge her opinion, or enlighten her as to the other side of Andy, then I guess you could always email her at [email protected] and see whether she changes her mind and has the courage to print it.  Andy's campaign for mosquito nets; the Murray family paying for Dunblane school kids to attend the Davis Cup; Set4Sport, etc.
Why don't you do it FCR........You seem to have all the info there and you are an Andy fan after all.......aren't you?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #118 on: September 25, 2011, 07:30 AM »

Ms Platell has a very simplistic way of looking at sport.  She has no clue what it takes to be an elite athlete. She's always shown a real dislike for Andy.  She wrote this after the epic Gasquet match at Wimbledon.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030973/Great-win-Andy-Pity-yobbery.html
She mentions Andy along with Joey Barton and 2 rugby stars accused of rape.  I remember it because it was posted on the am.com forum and fans were talking about it for weeks.  A horrible article.  She does champion Tiger Woods in the article though.

Quite frankly she's a nasty piece of work.  Then again she writes for the DM so I shouldn't really be surprised.  A 'rag' of a paper.  If people are happy to believe everything they read in the 'rags' then that's their problem.  They're no loss to Andy.

I couldn't agree with you more Caz.
Thanks for your support IonaRed! This subject seemed to be 'hyjacked' for a while back there and turned into politics!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #119 on: September 25, 2011, 09:02 AM »

Why don't you do it FCR........You seem to have all the info there and you are an Andy fan after all.......aren't you?

I don't mind being a voice in the wilderness, but if a whole lot more people write to her, she just might take some notice.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »