Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup

(Read 4458 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #120 on: September 25, 2011, 10:57 AM »

Somehow I doubt that FCR......These kind of people seldom do! Why don't you give it a go anyway.......see what kind of response you get!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #121 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05 PM »

Alis, either I haven't made my comments clear, or you haven't read them properly, - but we  are making the same points!

Sorry MP - I think I must have clicked the wrong 'quote' button - I was actually intending to back up your post.  Another senior moment!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #122 on: September 25, 2011, 12:11 PM »

May I digress on to another subject, which does involve Andy.

That well known master of the tennisworld, the Fed has withdrawn from Shanghai Masters. Andy has been often quoted as saying that the tennis big 4 and others would meet in Shanghai to discuss the probleme generated by playing too many tournaments on the ATP World tour. Is it possible that the true reason for Federer's absence was that he did not want to be seen as a radical opposed to ATP and that it might have a detrimental effect on his faultless image.

Any comments?

I'm afraid the cynic in me thought exactly the same OSS and with Djoko out too, that just leaves Rafa and Andy to bang the drum and be branded as 'trouble-makers'.  That's how it appears on the surface but perhaps Roger and Novak are giving their support behind the scenes.  Federer has been quoted as saying that the season is too long and something needs to be done.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #123 on: September 25, 2011, 12:15 PM »

Somehow I doubt that FCR......These kind of people seldom do! Why don't you give it a go anyway.......see what kind of response you get!

Is there any point when this appeared in The Mirror this week
"TO add to the world’s economic problems, Andy Murray and ­other leading tennis players are ­threatening to strike.

Murray, who will make about £8million this year, believes they’re being asked to play too many games and he’s ­exhausted, especially with all those multi-million pound endorsements he needs to fit in.

Right on Red Andy, forget the ­public sector pensions strike, this is the cause for me.

I’m getting down to whichever five-star hotel he’s staying in at the next tournament, with ­placards ­reading: “What do we want? Andy hitting fewer balls over nets. When do we want it? When his mum says so.”

IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #124 on: September 25, 2011, 12:55 PM »

was trying to find this article by Amanda Platell but couldn't. Probably just as well as she really annoys me. This is the woman who advised John Major on his public image (!!) and presumably covered up his revolting little affair with Edwina Currie. I see she has written an article about the English rugby player who went for a beer after the game and said he has "let down rugby,  his country, the royal family and himself."  Clearly mad.   doh
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #125 on: September 25, 2011, 06:09 PM »

Fed has withdrawn from Shanghai Masters. Is it possible that the true reason for Federer's absence was that he did not want to be seen as a radical opposed to ATP and that it might have a detrimental effect on his faultless image.

That thought did cross my mind too.  Fed so rarely pulls out of tournaments that it just seemed a bit of a co-incidence.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #126 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08 PM »

That thought did cross my mind too.  Fed so rarely pulls out of tournaments that it just seemed a bit of a co-incidence.
I wonder if his pulling out is just a bit more subtle way for him to make his point.
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #127 on: September 25, 2011, 10:38 PM »

Won't he lose a lot of points as Andy beat him in the final last year?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #128 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39 PM »

Won't he lose a lot of points as Andy beat him in the final last year?
maybe but we don't mind that ...do we.
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #129 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43 PM »

No iamabritt we certainly don't lol!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #130 on: September 25, 2011, 10:44 PM »

No iamabritt we certainly don't lol!
Andy needs to get to number 3 and give himself a boost.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #131 on: September 25, 2011, 10:50 PM »

I wonder if his pulling out is just a bit more subtle way for him to make his point.

I doubt it. Federer does not have a subtle bone in his make-up.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #132 on: September 25, 2011, 10:58 PM »

I doubt it. Federer does not have a subtle bone in his make-up.
Well OSS I'l give him the benifit of the doubt.you never know.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #133 on: September 25, 2011, 11:27 PM »

Yeah, Fed loses finalist points from Shanghai last year, and we keep forgetting that he won the 250 event in Stockholm the week after so he'll lose the points from there as well.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Great Britain beat Hungary in Davis Cup « Reply #134 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Federer had a load of points to defend in Shanghai,
Good,
It further ensures Andy ending at number 3 this year.
Not that I had too many doubts about it.
Brilliant just what i wonted to hear, and Tessie and AFT, your right Fed will not be playing much longer and is sucking up to the ATP,  its very unfair Andy is taking the stick for all this as most of us are saying he didnt start it Nadal did, but they are all entitled to their opinion, and Andy will always get bad press dosnt matter what he says or does, even when he wins his first slam ( next year) it will be when will he win another!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »