Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Henman to take on Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Henman to take on Murray

(Read 451 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Henman to take on Murray « on: October 24, 2005, 05:26 PM »

Source: BBC
British number one Tim Henman will play rising star Andy Murray for the first time in round one of the Davidoff Swiss Indoors tournament in Basel on Tuesday.

Murray has been given a wildcard for the tournament, while 31-year-old Henman, ranked 26 in the world, is a two-time champion and seeded sixth this time.

Henman told his website:
It's not going to be an easy match for either of us - it never is when you come up against somebody from the same country.

But I've managed to handle similar situations pretty well in the past when I've come up against Greg Rusedski, so I know what to expect.

While there will obviously be bragging rights up for grabs, it's still only a first round match so it's important to keep things in perspective.

I actually had a funny feeling that we would play each other this week, but when I mentioned it at dinner the other night everybody just laughed it off.

- Full Story (bbc.co.uk)
- BBC Report: Jonathan Overend (audio)

Related:
- MW Gallery: Davidoff Swiss (6 new)
- Tuesday's Draw (.pdf)
- Swiss Indoors Basel - Official Website
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »