Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Injured Murray forced to concede 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Injured Murray forced to concede

(Read 1204 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Injured Murray forced to concede « on: October 07, 2005, 09:32 PM »

Andy Murray bowed out from his quarter-final match against Xavier Malisse after injurying his left hamstring. He lost the first set 7-5 and soon after conceded the match due to the injury.

Murray said:
I felt my left hamstring pull and after that I couldn't really move to my backhand well.

When the ball was high and when it was low I couldn't put any pressure on my leg.

I got kind of ratty because he started to make a lot of mistakes and when I got back into it at 4-3, 5-3 I thought, if he keeps playing like this, I've got a chance' but then he started to play better and making me run.

I just thought it was better to stop than to risk hurting myself even more.

After losing in the finals against Roger Federer in the Thailand Open, Murray decided to travel straight to Belgium for the Ethias Trophy but now will finally take a well earned rest and may soon attempt to qualify for the Madrid Masters.

Related:
- Ethias Trophy: Main Draw
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Injured Murray forced to concede « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:07 PM »

Frown

Does anyone know how many points he'll get from this? (and therefore any rise in ranking?)
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Hi John « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 07:49 AM »

He'll receive 21 ENTRY points, but no RACE  points, as it's not the main tour. He may move up around 3 places.

He pocketed $3100
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Injured Murray forced to concede « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:20 AM »

From  the  Te;egraph

I've played through worse," said Murray, who was contesting his first event as a top-100 player. "But I didn't think it was worth it to play on as I have some more tournaments to play this year and I don't want to be out for too long.

"The physiotherapist said I'll probably be out for 10 days, but I don't want to come back too soon and then be out for another 10 days. I'll have to make sure that it's perfect before I come back."

Having played almost continuously since Wimbledon, Murray admitted that he would appreciate the chance to have some time off from the tour.

"I'm not that disappointed, as I've had a good few weeks and I need a bit of a break.

I haven't really stopped playing since Wimbledon and it will be good to get a rest," he added.

Murray had no plans to play in a tournament next week, but he may withdraw from the Challenger event in Denmark the week after and make his comeback at the full tour event in Basle, Switzerland, later in the month.
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Injured Murray forced to concede « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 09:31 AM »

I still think its a blessing in disguise - now Andy will have to rest for a bit.
Maybe it was his body way of saying " c'mon i need a break now " ?
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Injured Murray forced to concede « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 10:21 AM »

How do you know that he'l receive 21 Entry points.  I can't find it anywhere
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Josh « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 11:46 AM »

http://www.stevegtennis.com/atpres.htm

Scroll down to Ethias tournament in Challenger section and click on (F)
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Injured Murray forced to concede « Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 06:11 PM »

That site doesn't work for me
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Josh « Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 06:39 PM »

Try...

http://www.stevegtennis.com/

and see if you can find it there.... Smile