Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Injured Murray retires in Rome 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Injured Murray retires in Rome

(Read 3707 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I've e-mailed Sky to complain about the odious Barry Cowan and the almost as odious Ms Croft.  I'm sure it won't make the slightest bit of difference but it made me feel better.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 06:37 PM »

times like this im just so bloody glad hes got that major in the bag...
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48 PM »

I remember reading this article at the start of the year on the aussie open picks...about how murrays body would eventually break down due to the quick muscle hes packed on...could we be seeing it now?? http://www.perfect-tennis.co.uk/australian-open-2013-predictions/
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 07:18 PM »

Valiant effort from Andy. clap

Screw the clay and save yourself for Wimbles.

I believe I said something similar during the match

Maybe he should just skip Paris, I won't be bothered Whistle
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 07:23 PM »

I've e-mailed Sky to complain about the odious Barry Cowan and the almost as odious Ms Croft.  I'm sure it won't make the slightest bit of difference but it made me feel better.
It was an opinion only on Marcus behalf, Alis, don't let him ruffle you too much. BUT I can imagine if Andy had not made the effort and tried to play. I was wishing he would stop playing when he had the treatment - anything so he didn't do any more damage, but he felt he ought to go on; the spectators were booing him - maybe he felt he had to prove something so long as it didn't do him any more harm - so he finished the set, he gets so many nasty comments where other players don't. He's young and strong and has every chance of coming back for Wimbledon - that's the important one, as far as the French Open is concerned - there's always next year - that's my opinion for what it's worth. Go home Andy, recover with Kim and your team, the dogs and all the things you love.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:33 PM »

My gut feeling is he was only defending 90 points, he is almost a 1000 points ahead of Federer, who has to get to the QF to defend his points. I suspect the cost/benefit analysis was it really wasn't worth battling on in a tournament he has no realistic chance of winning.

They both reached the QF in Paris, so surely unless Fed does better in both he won't overtake Murray.

I think I have said many times before that after last year if that's all we get then its still been a good deal to me.

It seems that lots of players struggle on clay, Tsonga and Nishikori are out. Wawrinka has retired.

Can somebody explain to me (in words of one syllable - why clay is so tough on the body? Also and this isn't a dig against Nadal (for a change), why doesn't it effect his knee injury?).
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Watched the match followed by Barry Cowan's comments. That man is totally out of order, I do not hear them talking about other tennis players like that. Andy was very obviously injured and deserves all our support including Barry Cowan's! He should be hauled up for his dreadful remarks about Andy and ordered to make a very public apology!!!!!! Good effort Andy.  clap     
How does one write to the station that employs Barry Cowan??
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 08:12 PM »

How does one write to the station that employs Barry Cowan??

Try [email protected] I feel like writing myself to be honest. I think his remarks were bang out of order. He simply couldn't wait to say what he said, you could tell, and I bet Crofty the Cowbag was egging him on during the match. I hope one day Cowan injures himself doing something active (other than exercising his vocal cords I mean) and that Crofty trips over her broomstick and breaks something vital. Mean-spirited of me? Couldn't care less.

I've just seen Andy's presser. I think he was great in the circumstances. He's clearly disappointed, but I think he is thinking clearly about what to do next.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 08:16 PM »

guys remember  a wrote a very.............  well constructed  letter to Virginia Wade last year when she made those stupid comments about Andy's back.   I was pure gutted that she didn't reply to me tbh. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 08:26 PM »

I sent an email too but it was sent back. I then tried [email protected] they must have got it but as usual no mention of it on sky sports. We should all send emails then maybe they will pay attention to us for a change.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 08:28 PM »

I sent an email too but it was sent back. I then tried [email protected] they must have got it but as usual no mention of it on sky sports. We should all send emails then maybe they will pay attention to us for a change.

No they won't.  Andy won't be on their radar now.  Out and forgotten. 
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 08:31 PM »

times like this im just so bloody glad hes got that major in the bag...

it did cross my mind too
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53 PM »

Can somebody explain to me (in words of one syllable - why clay is so tough on the body? Also and this isn't a dig against Nadal (for a change), why doesn't it effect his knee injury?).

I find it the complete opposite. I love playing on clay and hardcourts but my preferred surface is clay as I move and slide to my shots instinctively on the dirt, plus it is much kinder to my knees. Hardcourts on the other hand does the opposite if I play for long periods.

Each to their own I suppose. Clay is tough on the body in other ways that you have to construct points so rallies can be long so it can be exhausting.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 09:27 PM »

It's tougher because it's slower. You aim to hit the ball hard and, to achieve the same speed of shot on clay as you do on other surfaces, you need to apply a lot more physical action to your shots - more rotation, more muscle etc.

You also hit a lot more shots - the average rally on clay is probably about ten shots, as compared to about five on other surfaces, so you have to work harder to win each point. Of course, some rallies on clay can be 40+ shots.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Injured Murray retires in Rome « Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Like many on here I was so angry with that fool Barry Cowan's remarks, also yesterday and today he said it would expect a Rafa - Nole final. Does he not realize that is impossible as they can only meet in the semi final as they are in the same side of the draw, just sums up the man's stupidity.
I too will be emailing skysport.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »