Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear

(Read 3187 times)
rob h
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #105 on: May 30, 2011, 04:25 PM »

I don't give a toss what a player's nationality is ... all I care about is, is he a good player !!  Nationality has nothing to do with it.

English he is then
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #106 on: May 30, 2011, 04:26 PM »

English he is then

lol

Which nationality are you Rob?
IP Logged
rob h
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29 PM »

lol

Which nationality are you Rob?

Scottish

( rob henderson )
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #108 on: May 30, 2011, 04:34 PM »

Scottish

( rob henderson )

With a name like Henderson, you'd almost have to be Scottish Smile
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #109 on: May 30, 2011, 04:41 PM »

Makarova is a bit of a looker....hoping this isn't another long match!!
IP Logged
rob h
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #110 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48 PM »

I don't give a toss what a player's nationality is ... all I care about is, is he a good player !!  Nationality has nothing to do with it.

sorry to mention the tennis again but while hes around I hope Cahill helps ex-scot murray with his serve once and for all. Mcenroe reckons he needs to shorten the action and ,pls god, develop a tricky 2nd serve, er, like all the other top pros.

Djokovic stats in his last 42 matches bear this out, his 2nd serve appears to be the difference (same as murray - though in the other direction )
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #111 on: May 30, 2011, 04:57 PM »

sorry to mention the tennis again but while hes around I hope Cahill helps ex-scot murray with his serve once and for all. Mcenroe reckons he needs to shorten the action and ,pls god, develop a tricky 2nd serve, er, like all the other top pros.

Djokovic stats in his last 42 matches bear this out, his 2nd serve appears to be the difference (same as murray - though in the other direction )

Listening to Frew McMillan on Eurosport on Saturday during Andy's match, he said that he just loved the "new sliced 2nd serve out wide". Stated that he thought that if Andy could continue with it his overall game would improve by 10%....which is quite a lot
IP Logged
rob h
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #112 on: May 30, 2011, 05:15 PM »

Listening to Frew McMillan on Eurosport on Saturday during Andy's match, he said that he just loved the "new sliced 2nd serve out wide". Stated that he thought that if Andy could continue with it his overall game would improve by 10%....which is quite a lot

10% would put him on top. also if he starts to hit the ball a bit earlier off both wings who could live with him. hes got the skill in his wrists but isnt being used because of his stupid retrieval game - running all over the place like a moron rather than hit winners.  against berrer he proved he can do it
IP Logged
Rosie
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #113 on: May 30, 2011, 10:06 PM »

To change the subject, I wonder if any of you can offer any help & advice please ? My daughter has bought us 2 cheap tickets for Queens on Monday 6th June. We are hoping to see Andy play but the chances are very remote I know, but maybe we could see him practicing ? We have never been to Queens & don't know where the practice courts are ? I emailed the Queens club, a few weeks ago, for a map of the grounds, but they have not replied. So can anyone help please ? Also, I have just come out of hospital & rather weak, so I will need somewhere to rest & sit down, maybe like Henman hill ? Is there anything like that there please ?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #114 on: May 30, 2011, 10:11 PM »

To change the subject, I wonder if any of you can offer any help & advice please ? My daughter has bought us 2 cheap tickets for Queens on Monday 6th June. We are hoping to see Andy play but the chances are very remote I know, but maybe we could see him practicing ? We have never been to Queens & don't know where the practice courts are ? I emailed the Queens club, a few weeks ago, for a map of the grounds, but they have not replied. So can anyone help please ? Also, I have just come out of hospital & rather weak, so I will need somewhere to rest & sit down, maybe like Henman hill ? Is there anything like that there please ?

Queen's is a very small tournament in terms of ground size, I believe it's quite easy to see players practising. For someone to sit down - there's a restaurant/bar area in one corner, behind the main stand of the centre court - just be there before all the poshos turn up and spend the day hob-nobbing with the champers! lol

Not sure about seeing Andy on the Monday - do the top seeds get byes at Queen's? You might be lucky. Think

PS: I think the practice courts are to the left as you go into the site, just before you go into the walkway under the main stand. They're all laid out quite openly and you can see across the lot.
IP Logged
Rosie
Junior

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #115 on: May 30, 2011, 11:23 PM »

Thank you Joe for all the information, it's very kind of you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Injured Murray takes blunderbuss to the bear « Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 02:22 AM »

birth certificate's the only way you'd know murray was scottish these days he never goes near the place if he can help it. lives in london, surrey, miami, doesnt he? anywhere but scotland.
hasnt even got a scottish accent. who cares ? only the scottish twits on here
Strange - I'm 100% Scottish and Murray's accent still sound Scottish to me, and the reason he doesn't visit Scotland too often (how do we know that anyway?) is because London and Miami have the training facilities he needs.  Also if he's so Anglicised, why did he say recently that when he retires from tennis he would like to move to Scotland and focus on coaching kids there?  At least he hasn't deserted his homeland completely like that 'great Scottish patriot' Sir Sean Connery.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »