Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 4601 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #150 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Not true, as the Davydenko case illustrates...!
That had suspicious betting patterns involved that's why.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #151 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »

How did they prove that, boogers?
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #152 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Whoever wins the tournament, it will be a hollow victory.  The big guns don't need the money and obviously aren't bothered about the trophy or the points.  I don't think Annabel Croft knows quite what to say about events, without dropping herself in it.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #153 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21 PM »

It's when betting patterns match (or obvious position advantage gain in things like rr's) that they take a case against people, otherwise there is nothing to back the claims against.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #154 on: November 02, 2012, 08:23 PM »

I can't imagine it involves money. It is almost as though the attitude is "I'm in with the big boys, I don't want to be seen as needing this tournament". Ferrer has never taken a Masters. Mind you I can't imagine he will take any satisfaction in the victory. He knows he hasn't got any real chance against Murray, ND or Federer, so he may opt for a Masters by way of consolation. I doubt JJ will progress any further. The folks left will be wanting to win now.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #155 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26 PM »

I don't understand anything about betting.

I find myself quite disillusioned by this whole tournament.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #156 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Well one things for sure neither of these two players are going to the end of year WTF.And thank god for that i say so both of these players will be giving 110%cant predict the outcome of this match im afraid.What a refrehing change.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #157 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28 PM »

When it comes down to it, it's the stupid schedulers fault not the players.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #158 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Are there no news articles about all these top players going out of Paris so early? You would think it would be something the media would typically cover.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #159 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44 PM »

I don't understand anything about betting.

I find myself quite disillusioned by this whole tournament.

I really don't think it has anything to do with betting. There is something else going on, probably related to the WTF but I still think there is something else to it. The tennis equivalent of a "dirty protest" in prisons. I don't gamble at all, but after the first couple of points it was obvious that Tsonga was deliberately losing. I didn't watch the other matches of the same ilk, but I imagine they were all like this one. Some players like ND and Murray might just be a bit better at disguising it. Actually the only player who has come out of this farce with any degree of integrity is the Fed, who refused to play at all. Mind you he seems to be able to get away with it. Not so easy for the rest.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #160 on: November 02, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Whoever wins the tournament, it will be a hollow victory.  The big guns don't need the money and obviously aren't bothered about the trophy or the points.  I don't think Annabel Croft knows quite what to say about events, without dropping herself in it.
That makes a change she's usually not lost for words.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #161 on: November 02, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Tsonga and Tipsaravic played enough matches to get qualification for WTF, and then opted out. I think the headline should be rewritten to "Murray like the majority of the WTF finalists deliberately lost his match against JJ in order to ensure he finished the season injury free and fresh for the WTF". JJ didn't humble Murray, he was given the victory by Murray.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #162 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02 PM »

Is that some sort of joke that the lines people are wearing teeshirts with the word HACKETT on.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #163 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05 PM »

The players even appear to have left the tournament in the order of their seeding, with the exception of Ferrer.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #164 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Somehow, Fed started the avelanche. But how can it be considered a fair thing to withdraw  from Paris after his loss claiming he would have done so regardless. Why then not let the organizers know in advance, respectively before the draw? Nole seemed to have failed with excuses, but it helped to make things develop their own dynamics. Or can you imagine a silent common players' protest?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »