Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 5505 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « on: November 01, 2012, 04:37 PM »

Andy Murray once again failed to make an impression at the Paris Masters, losing 7-5, 6-7, 2-6. For the third tournament in a row the Scot held match points before ultimately losing.

Serving at 7-5, 5-4, Murray held a match point before a series of careless shots handed the momentum to his opponent.

Janowicz has been tipped as one to watch and for much of the match looked superior to his illustrious opponent. On serve the Pole was virtually flawless until the ninth game. A couple of wayward ground-strokes opened the door and Murray barged through, breaking for 5-4.

Murray has recent been plagued with lapses in concentration when consolidating breaks and very nearly capitulated in the next game. The Scot scraped through, but the warning signs were in evidence.

After earning an early break in the second set Murray looked set for a comprehensive victory. The Scot brought up match point before, bizarrely,  his game imploded.

Janowicz held strong and a sequence of unforced errors from Murray's racquet gifted first the game and then the tiebreak.

The third set was worse. Murray was having trouble keeping the ball in the court, let alone winning points. An early break went Janowicz's way and the Pole sprinted to victory.

A defeat here is not the end of the world,  but the nature of Murray's unravelling is concerning. Next up is the ATP tour finals in London.
[ Last edit by boogers November 01, 2012, 06:33 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Nice headline boogers...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:59 PM »

boogers do us all a favour and leave it at that.  I don't think I can cope with any more of your bile.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 05:02 PM »

"dreadful" headline.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Naturally it's disappointing but perhaps you could wait and see how he does next week before writing him off in the way you've done towards end of match thread boogers.  Given many of us were ambivalent about him going deep this week, it wouldn't be surprising if he was himself.  I'm sure he went out to win that match but there may have come a point when - possibly even subconsciously - he decided it wasn't worth it.  Of course he should have won that 2nd set and I agree it's cause for concern that this has happened 3 times running.  But it's the end of an incredible year and while it would have been great to see him win Paris I'd rather see him do well at WTF and am still hopeful he will.  So stop spreading doom and gloom everywhere you go.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 05:14 PM »

boogers has to be the most negative guy on the site LOL
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:16 PM »

There is so much truth in all your comments although they are quite contradictory. I watched a large part of the second set, was disappointed at seeing him so sloppy from being two points away from victory. And I said to myself he should have won it, yet seeing a difference to the Shanghai final. And then all the points he could have made up. furthermore, he seems to be the only top player who loses so often in early stages, which is not good for his standing nor for his consistency. But on the other hand, there is the WTf just around the corner and I had my doubts yesterday how Nole's loss and Fed's rest will affect Andy's match. Now I have the answer. And it is confirmation enough never to buy tickets again for Paris QF, a mistake I made two years ago. So, all in all bitter moments accompanied by hope for next week. Do not let us down, Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 05:17 PM »

boogers has to be the most negative guy on the site LOL
and the pope's a catholic  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 05:19 PM »

Not even commenting on this disgrace of an 'article', except to say that one more headline from you like that and I for one will be off. There is opinion, and then there are facts, and you have covered neither in this pathetic rant. It says a whole lot more about you than it does about Andy. I mean, how many majors and Olympic gold medals have you won this year?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:28 PM »

I'm sorry you need to change your headline it's a disgrace, and completely uncalled for. I for one will not stand for it. You try and play against a big server and obviously playing with nothing to lose. It is very hard to keep the focus the whole way through, mentally it is very difficult. Let's see how the Pole's other opponents get on. So please Boogers you need to sort the headline out and be less negative.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:28 PM »

How many early lost matches has Andy played this year already?
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 05:40 PM »

I could NOT believe he let that 2nd set slip.  I went out and recorded the third set.  Heard the result on the radio in the car and could NOT believe that either.  Petchey was sure he wanted to win Paris as he has his eye on the number 1 spot.  Not on that performance!  Boogers - your headline and report is accurate.  I'm a realist.  I threw away rose tinted glasses years ago.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49 PM »

This is the kind of headline I expect from other sites not from here.  I noticed how kind the going of Delpo was reported on Yahoo Eurosport.  He played Llodra who Andy demolished in Aussie albeit in a wonderfully entertaining match which I have kept for posterity.  This headline also gives Fed fans. and Murray haters something to get their teeth into.
[ Last edit by tamila November 01, 2012, 05:56 PM ] IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 05:58 PM »

It seems as though most of the top players want to get back to London early.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Well like I said, I'm somewhat happy by the loss actually. Really looking forward to WTF as I love that tourney and hoping Andy can win it this time.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »