Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 6258 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Another reason for changing the headline [thanks bbh, tj and michelle]: there is nothing humiliating in losing to someone who the comms (inc Brad Gilbert) were already tipping for the top 10 before they'd played a single ball.  Of course ultimately a poor performance from Andy but it doesn't merit such a downright nasty and vindictive headline. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 06:19 PM »

The ATP will have to look at the timing of Paris for future years otherwise it is in danger of becoming a farce. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Aren't they gonna put it into February in 2014?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Yes there is talk of that bbh.
boogers:  your report was much more measured and considered than your headline.  Any chance of changing the latter so it better reflects the report and also the views of those who are unhappy with it?
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36 PM »

For those of you who are complaining about the headline:

a) take off the rose tinted glasses
b) contribute your own reports

It was an awful capitulation.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Well like I said, I'm somewhat happy by the loss actually. Really looking forward to WTF as I love that tourney and hoping Andy can win it this time.
I feel that way too, laundry, but with a big BUT. Why did he lose in such a way after doing so in a similar fashion in 2 other recent tournaments? Is this point a red herring or does it have a bearing on a developing problem. I do not believe Andy decided to lose the match - he wanted the points and the success, Petchey said as much and if anyone knows Andy it is Petchey, they were close when he was Andy's coach and that has never changed. There may be a media 'reason for loss' but what is the real one or is it all a storm in a teacup, brought about by his desire to do well at the O2. Maybe we will know soon enough, perhaps it is just a phase after his success in the summer and the USO. Maybe he decided to pursue the advantage of no Fed, no Rafa and a defeated Nadal just wasn't worth the effort - it dependson how much he wanted to win Paris I suppose. I am no tennis expert, just a sincere Andy fan - and I will look forward to next week with a certan amount of trepidation.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49 PM »

IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 06:52 PM »

I presume not many people on here part with their money in the betting shop on his results, otherwise you would be somewhat more aggrieved, I suspect.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57 PM »

Have I missed a previous version of this report? The headline is controversial (or at least it is because some people seem to get really het up about pointedly describing a poor Murray performance in a single damning word) but the rest of the article looks fair enough to me. Was an earlier edit much harsher? If not, to all the moaners - grow up.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Have I missed a previous version of this report? The headline is controversial (or at least it is because some people seem to get really het up about pointedly describing a poor Murray performance in a single damning word) but the rest of the article looks fair enough to me. Was an earlier edit much harsher? If not, to all the moaners - grow up.
It was about the headline.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Boogers I congratulate you on a reasoned and accurate report. I don't always agree with your pessimism but this time I'm afraid your comments may be right. Let's hope we're both wrong.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 07:00 PM »

It was about the headline.

Didn't see the match, did Murray play dreadfully? If so, then I don't see what the problem with the headline is. One or two people here have got it in for Phil, it seems. He tells it like it is. Give me one of his reports over a bland sycophantic excuse comment any day.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03 PM »

For those of you who are complaining about the headline:

a) take off the rose tinted glasses
b) contribute your own reports

It was an awful capitulation.

Oh ye of little faith!  Our boy has delivered before and will do again and I will enjoy watching you pessimists eat  your words.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 07:06 PM »

Oh ye of little faith!  Our boy has delivered before and will do again and I will enjoy watching you pessimists eat  your words.

Not sure where Phil has suggested Murray will not deliver again. The report was about today's match.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 07:14 PM »

..............  did you watch it?  Andy certainly wasn't dreadful.  The other guy played out of his skin.  When Andy lost the second set and his serve in the third he decided, for whatever reason, that he didn't want to fight his way back.  At no time did I think it was dreadful.  Even when it was a lost cause some of Andy's shot making was magnificent  - and I don't possess a pair of rose-tinted glasses!  I didn't think it was anywhere near the level of capitulation of Nole yesterday.  Andy did at least make his opponent win it whereas Nole offered it to Querrey on a silver platter!  Just my opinion of course.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »