Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 6320 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 07:16 PM »

I have only commented on the headline not the narrativewhich is good.  I think the remark about growing up is uncalled for. We have said before that this is a Murray followers website and if we keep on with negative talk we are giving the ' Andy Haters' ammunition.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »

..............  did you watch it?  Andy certainly wasn't dreadful.  The other guy played out of his skin.  When Andy lost the second set and his serve in the third he decided, for whatever reason, that he didn't want to fight his way back.  At no time did I think it was dreadful.  Even when it was a lost cause some of Andy's shot making was magnificent  - and I don't possess a pair of rose-tinted glasses!  I didn't think it was anywhere near the level of capitulation of Nole yesterday.  Andy did at least make his opponent win it whereas Nole offered it to Querrey on a silver platter!  Just my opinion of course.

Didn't see it - perhaps Phil was describing the nature of the loss from match point up? Either way, I don't understand people (not you) threatening to leave MW based on a headline.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »

I have only commented on the headline not the narrativewhich is good.  I think the remark about growing up is uncalled for. We have said before that this is a Murray followers website and if we keep on with negative talk we are giving the ' Andy Haters' ammunition.

It's just a headline. It's probably done more to wind people up now! lol

As you say, the article itself was fair enough.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Either way, I don't understand people (not you) threatening to leave MW based on a headline.
I think some people are not aware that every writer is given the freedom to describe how the match was from their perspective. If one writer calls it dreadful, it's not this website officially calling it dreadful as well.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »

I think some people are not aware that every writer is given the freedom to describe how the match was from their perspective. If one writer calls it dreadful, it's not this website officially calling it dreadful as well.

Besides which, it's an opinion. Ridiculous to threaten to leave because of a single word used.

I genuinely think that there are one or two posters here who take offence to Phil's blunt description of poor matches and won't cut him any slack now. A bit childish. As he said, if you don't like it then write your own uber-positive reports. I'll then give you **** for living in cloud cuckoo land.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »

From what I was reading on the live updates, Murray wasn't dreadful, but whatever. I expect these kind of headlines by boogers any time Andy loses, even if he plays out of his skin and loses, Boogers is always negative. I'm not gonna complain.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Edit whore!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 07:25 PM »

From what I was reading on the live updates, Murray wasn't dreadful, but whatever. I expect these kind of headlines by boogers any time Andy loses, even if he plays out of his skin and loses, Boogers is always negative. I'm not gonna complain.

I don't think that's fair, I've seen Phil be quite positive in defeat, actually. When merited, of course. Some of us don't want to always find excuses for a defeat.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29 PM »

I don't think that's fair, I've seen Phil be quite positive in defeat,
Yeah, I agree...Phil can be a right positive Booger sometimes.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 07:31 PM »

Lost first round at queens - Wimbledon final.  Warm up to us open none existent. Won !  Lets not panic yet eh.  Nole and fed will be no better off and the rest too tired. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 07:32 PM »

I don't think that's fair, I've seen Phil be quite positive in defeat, actually. When merited, of course. Some of us don't want to always find excuses for a defeat.
What did he say after the AO defeat against Djokovic? I wasn't on the site at that point. If he was negative then he needs his face slapped :P
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Fair enough. I don't dislike Phil anyway, I understand not every writer will write what readers want to read, and people need to realize this is Phil's style of writing.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 07:36 PM »

What did he say after the AO defeat against Djokovic? I wasn't on the site at that point. If he was negative then he needs his face slapped :P

Don't remember but that may be one of the occasions I was thinking of. I think the Wimbledon final this year may have been another.

And no, before anyone asks, I don't want to shag Phil.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38 PM »

I don't think anybody can be negative after either of those. I was destroyed after both of them.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 07:49 PM »

I didn't think it was anywhere near the level of capitulation of Nole yesterday.  Andy did at least make his opponent win it whereas Nole offered it to Querrey on a silver platter!  Just my opinion of course.
Is it just a coincidence that Novak went back to Serbia on Saturday because his father was, and apparently still is, unwell.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »