Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 4474 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 01:22 PM »

Anyone who doesn't see why Andy could be knackered is a fool with no understanding of Andy or, more importantly, his sport.

If andy is knackered then so is every other player then. By my calcs he has played 11 matches since the 9th September (i think he got a bye at Shanghai). That's about one match every 5 days if you want to average it out. And all maximum of 3 sets.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 01:30 PM »

But has he won a major indoor tournament? I guess there aren't too many of these around except the Paris Masters and the WTF. In both of these Id say he's been poor overall. I recall him beating a one-legged Nadal in Rotterdam a few years back and winning Valencia where he was the top seed. Doha? Fair enough but the top guys seemed to be treating that as a warm-up for the Aussie Open.

Madrid 2008?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 02:38 PM »

If andy is knackered then so is every other player then. By my calcs he has played 11 matches since the 9th September (i think he got a bye at Shanghai). That's about one match every 5 days if you want to average it out. And all maximum of 3 sets.

Andy is knackered not in the sense how many matches he's played this year but how much mentally he had to put in this year, because the pressure went through the roof as it's been 4 long years since he'd been tipped to win a Slam and he was unable to do it. And this year it took its toll when many including your worthy self wrote him off saying that he'd never win a Slam...EVER. Do you remember those lovely words of yours by any chance?

So after the heartbreaking loss to Federer at Wimbledon, Andy had to make sure that he won the last Slam of the year and then went on to put extra pressure on himself to win the Olympic medal as well.

I personally think you are deliberately dense. You'd always put pressure on him by saying Andy needs to win this or that, and that he's not injured or knackered, so that you can come back later on, especially after a loss like this one, just to say all the garbage you've been spouting since yesterday.

It has now come down to indoors Masters for Andy  Rolling Eyes and that’s even without checking the facts. Your attempts  are pathetic. Just go and find some other player to support like Federer…who thought playing Paris was just too much and decided to opt out instead.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean November 02, 2012, 03:28 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 02:52 PM »

As to boogers reports/headlines - if he is entitled to call Andy pathetic or say that he put out a dreadful performance even when it's far from the truth, then the fans here have the equal right to call on his reports as well. That’s how I see it.

Also, it's not like all the articles out there on the daily papers or bleacher's reports for that matter that we don't read or don't criticize, because we do, on a daily basis, so I don't see why boogers should be any exception, especially if it's often not in the right context.

Personally, I don't read any forum reports - only occasionally but sometimes, I tend to skim the posts to see if I can find something interesting. None of the forums I've been on so far never had these sorts of reports, so I am particularly not so keen about them anyway. ATP, for example, provides with good reports all the time - plus players post match interviews reveal a lot too, so that's basically enough for me if I am searching for the truth.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #109 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21 PM »

I have just read the report in the Daily Express and was very impressed.  They reported how it seemed Andy was half in and half in London and that as far as the top players are concerned next week is what they work for at the end of the year.  It was very fairly written and headlined.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #110 on: November 02, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Andy just cannot stay out of the headlines, can he?  It's a big deal when he wins and, it seems, an even bigger deal when he loses.  The other top guns are allowed to 'lose' while Andy 'crashes out'.   Andy's having to adjust to life as a GS champ, the other guys are frothing at the mouth at the thought of taking him out.  He's always been a big scalp but right now he's being hunted like never before.  They all want a crack at him and their hunger is tangible.  JJ played really well, why wouldn't he?  He had everything to win and, unlike Andy,  won't be playing next week in the O2 pressure cooker.  JJ's heady mix of far-out serving and deadly dropshots will definitely give Andy (and every other player) food for thought but Andy will know that he was an instant from victory and, not for the first time since his magnificent triumph at the US Open, things didn't quite work out according to plan.

Every time the newly crowned king of New York has had matchpoints in three big matches following his historic success there is no doubt that he wants to seal victory, but the intangibles that make tennis so wonderfully fascinating all play their tiny part in those precious moments.  What may so easily appear to be carelessness on one occasion can so very easily transcend into magical Murray moments of sublime relaxed genius, pulling off impossibly languid shots against all the odds.  His forehand drive which feels good to him as his racquet connects with the ball inextricably lands in the net.  The crowd gasp and his opponent wipes his lips, his body exploding with adrenalin-pumped inspiration.  Andy's huge first serve suddenly and unexpectedly comes back, the ball painting a hair's breadth on the baseline.  His trusty double backhand misses by a centimetre or two.   Andy looks shocked and bemused while his opponent is straining at the leash having been brought back from the dead. 

Andy will work it out.  Life for him is never going to be the same after the phenomenal summer of 2012.  He is an exceptionally emotional guy who just happens to have fulfilled his lifetime dreams of Olympic Gold and a Grand Slam in the course of a few short weeks.  Incredibly overwhelming stuff, and Andy is, I believe, still in some degree of shock.  He is the most entertaining and fascinating player because he wears his heart on his sleeve, he is a very real, deeply soulful man.  His career is fascinating because what you see is a grounded, normal human-being living out a spectacular, sporting superstar lifestyle.  He just needs a little time to absorb it all before he moves on to his next amazing achievement. wub

Brilliant post. Well done.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Brilliant post. Well done.
Clementine ,your posts are always so sensible and right on target.thank you.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 03:59 PM »

Have just looked at the stats of the previous matches of JJ.  In both he only fired down 9 aces.  Poor Andy he fired down 22 against him.  I suspect it could have been more as Andy is such a good returner.  If I remember this happened in his first match against Raonic who fired down more aces than usual.  Also I now see that Berdych is out and Tipsy is doing pretty well against JJ.  I am sure in his heart he realises that it may not happen again when he meets Andy.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012, 04:49 PM »

All these top players and other top sports people may well be knackered, but it's not exactly coal mining, is it!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #114 on: November 02, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Tipsy is not doing so well now - Jano took the second set and is well on his way to take the third. Tipsy has now asked for the doctor as he is feeling dizzy !! I'm not surprised - he's been taking a bashing.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #115 on: November 02, 2012, 05:17 PM »

The French are gonna be real upset if he beats Simon which he may well do,they'll be wishing Andy beat him.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 05:23 PM »

JJ makes me feel dizzy to just watching him.But i felt that the French wanted jj to beat Andy and he did now he's got to play there guy Simon next.If he's not to tired i think he can beat Simon as the saying goes be carefull what you wish for.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #117 on: November 02, 2012, 05:35 PM »

lol I don't think anybody can say this is just coincidence, clearly the top players don't want to be at a disadvantage going into the WTF - apart from like I said a while ago Ferrer and Tsonga who won't feel like they could actually win the WTF. All of them got an early lead effectively proving to themselves that they could win the match if they wanted then they dropped their level in trying.
[ Last edit by laundry November 02, 2012, 05:38 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #118 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I now think that this tournament may have done something to upset the big guys. This can not be a coincidence. This is not a tournament about victories, it's about players actively deciding to lose. Mark my words there is something fishy going on. Fed pulling out, ND and Murray losing their early matches. Berdych and Tipsaravic throwing in the towel. There is no need for excuses about their loses - any of them. It is becoming obvious that what is happening is premeditated in some way.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #119 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Ferrer is the only player who's going to stick around until the very end. Nothing affects him, really. He’s like a robot. lol but this also represents a golden opportunity for him to finally get a Masters title.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »