Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 4819 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Deja vu  shocking
Perhaps those who rubbished Andy at the expense of JJ should take  another look. Whistle
He is talented, better than his contemporaries like Raonic too.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #121 on: November 02, 2012, 06:14 PM »

as EJ, Clementine and others have pointed out in different ways: whether one is tired or not is not simply a quantitative question based on time spent on court.  It's also a qualitative question of what it takes out of a player emotionally and as others have eloquently explained to those too dense to see, the last few months will have taken their emotional toll on Andy.  I'm still hoping he'll finish on a high next week but if he doesn't, can we please get behind him and support him rather than knock him down from the pedestal so soon?  It was always unrealistic to think he'd do a Nole and win every match  And this JJ guy is on a mission right now.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as Masaka as saying the early exits of so many top players were premeditated but I bet you as each one exited others may be thinking they don't want to be left behind in hot-footing it over to London.  So such decisions - conscious or unconscious - have probably been made during matches when it didn't seem worth the candle of fighting back.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 06:22 PM »

I now think that this tournament may have done something to upset the big guys. This can not be a coincidence. This is not a tournament about victories, it's about players actively deciding to lose. Mark my words there is something fishy going on. Fed pulling out, ND and Murray losing their early matches. Berdych and Tipsaravic throwing in the towel. There is no need for excuses about their loses - any of them. It is becoming obvious that what is happening is premeditated in some way.
You forgot Del Potro too.  At least Fed pulled out before the farce began.  Some Pakistan cricketers were imprisoned for not playing fairly.  I feel sorry for anybody who actually had a bet on the outcome of some of these Paris matches.  Stinks.  I pay good money for my Sky Sports.  I want a refund.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 06:30 PM »

I'm OK with it since everyone will be fresher for the WTF should hopefully make it better quality to watch.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00 PM »

as EJ, Clementine and others have pointed out in different ways: whether one is tired or not is not simply a quantitative question based on time spent on court.  It's also a qualitative question of what it takes out of a player emotionally and as others have eloquently explained to those too dense to see, the last few months will have taken their emotional toll on Andy.  I'm still hoping he'll finish on a high next week but if he doesn't, can we please get behind him and support him rather than knock him down from the pedestal so soon?  It was always unrealistic to think he'd do a Nole and win every match  And this JJ guy is on a mission right now.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as Masaka as saying the early exits of so many top players were premeditated but I bet you as each one exited others may be thinking they don't want to be left behind in hot-footing it over to London.  So such decisions - conscious or unconscious - have probably been made during matches when it didn't seem worth the candle of fighting back.

Good reasoned posting Ruthie. I know Djokovic won in the end but wasn't Toronto also something of a ghost town in terms of top players this year by the end? I guess the difference with that was the knock on effect was from the tournament before though (Olympics) rather than the one after.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #125 on: November 02, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Anyone watching Tsonga v Ferrer. So far I would say Tsonga's joining the "Chinese badminton players" club....!!!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #126 on: November 02, 2012, 07:21 PM »

I think he may just try and take it to three sets first like all of the other guys Masaka
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #127 on: November 02, 2012, 07:24 PM »

I just started watching it.

Surely JW wants to shine in front of his homies?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #128 on: November 02, 2012, 07:28 PM »

I was a bit hard on BigNose. I feel bad. ah crap.

But some fans here have some very unrealistic expectations from Andy and it can get irritating to read the same stuff over and over again. Andy's a really very good Indoor player and he's more than likely to win Paris and WTF (if not this year) in the future, so I don't get why it has to be NOW, when he's already done more than enough. Can’t have it all really.  
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #129 on: November 02, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Dont look like it scotnadian this tournys been a real disapointment is Tsonga even really trying im not to sure it dont look like it to me.But to be honest im glad in a way that it's turning out like it is,because it means they'll either be forced into changing the time of the year in which this tourny takes place.Or the top guys are never gonna commit to it as it to close to the WTF.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #130 on: November 02, 2012, 07:42 PM »

I'm perfectly fine with Andy being out of this tournie and moving onto the WTF. He has made it clear this is his target.

Having said this, it was very confusing to watch him at the beginning of, what should have been the final game, serve 2 stunning easy aces, then just...well, not sure really what happened.
After losing the TB, at the changeover he was well pissed at himself and was using some interesting words talking to 'Andy.'
The 3rd set was just silly.

We can all pick this apart until the cows come home, but the fact is Andy has moved on, is back in his training zone in his home city, and has his eye on the Big Prize.

I can't wait!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #131 on: November 02, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Anyone watching Tsonga v Ferrer. So far I would say Tsonga's joining the "Chinese badminton players" club....!!!
If Tsonga loses today, Ferrer can lose tomorrow and get to London late tomorrow evening.  Last one to arrive is a rotten egg.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #132 on: November 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »

I think he may just try and take it to three sets first like all of the other guys Masaka

No I think he's going to go for originality and lose it in two, prob in second set tie break.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #133 on: November 02, 2012, 07:59 PM »

^ I think you might be right there, Masaka.
I just think it's a shame because I don't see JW as a contender for WTF, so this is a good chance for him to shine. It's been 4 years.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #134 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01 PM »

He's certainly gone for originality he lost in two.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »