Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 4477 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #165 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08 PM »

So Llodora takes the first set well that will give the Frenchies summat to smile about.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #166 on: November 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »

Tsonga and Tipsaravic played enough matches to get qualification for WTF, and then opted out. I think the headline should be rewritten to "Murray like the majority of the WTF finalists deliberately lost his match against JJ in order to ensure he finished the season injury free and fresh for the WTF". JJ didn't humble Murray, he was given the victory by Murray.

Totally agree!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #167 on: November 02, 2012, 09:16 PM »

Somehow, Fed started the avelanche. But how can it be considered a fair thing to withdraw  from Paris after his loss claiming he would have done so regardless. Why then not let the organizers know in advance, respectively before the draw? Nole seemed to have failed with excuses, but it helped to make things develop their own dynamics. Or can you imagine a silent common players' protest?

Clearly something is going on. Simon beating Berdych in straights?  Watched some of it Birdshit is a good actor.  Bryan bros out b4 qtrs. Nole out in first match. Thats without Andy and Delpo.
They need to reschedule Paris and quick or it will just become a joke.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #168 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47 PM »

I really don't think it has anything to do with betting. There is something else going on, probably related to the WTF but I still think there is something else to it. The tennis equivalent of a "dirty protest" in prisons. I don't gamble at all, but after the first couple of points it was obvious that Tsonga was deliberately losing. I didn't watch the other matches of the same ilk, but I imagine they were all like this one. Some players like ND and Murray might just be a bit better at disguising it. Actually the only player who has come out of this farce with any degree of integrity is the Fed, who refused to play at all. Mind you he seems to be able to get away with it. Not so easy for the rest.

To be fair, the organisers knew forever ago, which is why they are trying to get Paris moved to February.  Don't know if they have much chance, with the US erm, imbalance on 1000 events.  And then Toronto, just to rub in the North American stranglehold.  
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #169 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Clearly something is going on. Simon beating Berdych in straights?  Watched some of it Birdshit is a good actor. 

Birdshit?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #170 on: November 02, 2012, 09:50 PM »

I can't imagine it involves money. It is almost as though the attitude is "I'm in with the big boys, I don't want to be seen as needing this tournament". Ferrer has never taken a Masters. Mind you I can't imagine he will take any satisfaction in the victory.

Are you kidding? A Master win would be the pinnacle of his career. No-one will remember, or care, that the big guns were knocked out early.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #171 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Are you kidding? A Master win would be the pinnacle of his career. No-one will remember, or care, that the big guns were knocked out early.
I will.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #172 on: November 02, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Ferrer will always know. To suggest otherwise is actually to insult him.
IP Logged
andyfan4ever

::Give 110% and Don't go away with regrets::

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #173 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Sadness that he lost!! OH well looking forward to London! Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #174 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12 AM »

Good reasoned posting Ruthie. I know Djokovic won in the end but wasn't Toronto also something of a ghost town in terms of top players this year by the end? I guess the difference with that was the knock on effect was from the tournament before though (Olympics) rather than the one after.

Funny, I was just thinking that Paris is like Toronto, and to a degree Cincy, all over again.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #175 on: November 03, 2012, 12:15 AM »

Whoever wins the tournament, it will be a hollow victory.  The big guns don't need the money and obviously aren't bothered about the trophy or the points.  I don't think Annabel Croft knows quite what to say about events, without dropping herself in it.

But then the silly cow never knows what to say about anything. She's Barry Cowan in drag.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #176 on: November 03, 2012, 12:19 AM »

If Ferrer doesn't win Paris now I am going to cry. JJ would be weird, and I don't see any of the others winning. Could live with Llodra winning, because he seems nice, but would love it for Ferrer.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #177 on: November 03, 2012, 02:23 AM »

Deja vu  shocking
Perhaps those who rubbished Andy at the expense of JJ should take  another look. Whistle
He is talented, better than his contemporaries like Raonic too.
Janowicz is nowhere near as good as Raonic.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #178 on: November 03, 2012, 02:29 AM »

And he won't win Paris.

Simon/Ferrer final.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #179 on: November 03, 2012, 03:07 AM »

I'm wondering actually if Andy and Novak made a deal before hand like I'll drop out of Paris if you do. Since they are only really rivals with each other ranking wise it would be fine to do that as they wouldn't lose ground on each other. Then once the other top guys saw they both went out they decided to drop too so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »