Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 6394 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #180 on: November 03, 2012, 06:46 AM »

Janowicz is nowhere near as good as Raonic.

I completely disagree. JJ moves much better than R. His ROS is much better and he has gr8 touch on the ball.

Saw first set of Llodra v. Querry. How boring was that? Neither has a decent ROS so it was serve, serve serve.  zz
Stopped watching in the end.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #181 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28 AM »

It is beginning to seem like more than a coincidence now.  I do wonder how Janowicz would have fared if Andy had beaten him.  He certainly would not be the boy wonder he is purported to be now.  I do agree that he has a bit more than some of the other boy wonders had and at the moment he seems mentally strong but we need to wait and see how he fares when he loses.  I feel that the top players will work out a way to beat him.  Andy was very close but seemed to not care anymore.  He beat Kohlschreiber (inconsistent) and Cilic (inconsistent).  He very nearly did not beat Andy (reminds me of loss to Raonic before working out his game and the WTF in his mind) and an ailing Tipsy.  I think we could all be getting ahead of ourselves.  I would be happy to be proved wrong and would not like to deny JJ his wins.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #182 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11 AM »

You're right tamila in that anything can happen and many boy wonders fall by the wayside for one reason or another.  But it's interesting that Brad Gilbert was already predicting he'd be a top 10 player BEFORE he beat Andy. And someone said he's from a poor background so I think he'll be very motivated.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #183 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17 AM »

This tournament is seriously lacking credibility now. Some of the worst acting since Eldorado.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #184 on: November 03, 2012, 09:52 AM »

This tournament is seriously lacking credibility now. Some of the worst acting since Eldorado.

lmao
 You're talking Tipsy, I presume. He didn't even have the grace to look a teeny weeny bit ill naughty
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #185 on: November 03, 2012, 10:12 AM »

I know Brad Gilbert predicted this but I am afraid I do not have much faith in his predictions particularly since seeing the interview with him and Lendl.  I have also notice he was sacked by Nishikori in Australia.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #186 on: November 03, 2012, 10:14 AM »

lmao
 You're talking Tipsy, I presume. He didn't even have the grace to look a teeny weeny bit ill naughty

Well according to the INdependent it's thought to have been a sore throat. Poor diddums unable to complete a match because of a sore throat, if that really is true.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #187 on: November 03, 2012, 01:34 PM »

I doubt any of these "sickies" will withdraw from London.  The Night Nurse will come out and all will make miraculous recoveries.  Even Andy talks about his boat trip down the Thames.  I wonder when that trip was arranged?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #188 on: November 03, 2012, 01:47 PM »

I doubt any of these "sickies" will withdraw from London.  The Night Nurse will come out and all will make miraculous recoveries.  Even Andy talks about his boat trip down the Thames.  I wonder when that trip was arranged?

My email reminder (in case I might forget to go on Monday!), includes
Why not arrive by boat on KPMG Thames Clippers?
Our River Bus Express boat service arrives at North Greenwich Pier, just 3 mins walk from The O2 entrance, plus there's a fully licensed bar on board. The journey from central London takes 35 mins and departures go from London Eye, London Bridge and Canary Wharf piers. It's a great way to end the night too, with boats leaving North Greenwich after the event. Please note advanced booking is recommended".

I'm sure private boats are pretty easy to organise as well - a friend of mine went on one the other day for a job she was doing.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #189 on: November 03, 2012, 05:22 PM »

lmao

Djokovic, Tsonga, Tipsy... possibly Murray. All tanked to some degree, I believe.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #190 on: November 03, 2012, 05:26 PM »

I completely disagree. JJ moves much better than R. His ROS is much better and he has gr8 touch on the ball.

Saw first set of Llodra v. Querry. How boring was that? Neither has a decent ROS so it was serve, serve serve.  zz
Stopped watching in the end.
But you're basing this on one tournament.

Raonic has beaten Murray twice and consistently caused Federer problems. Raonic has been top 30 for two years now and is now top 15. Janowicz - at the same age! - is nowhere near.

One tournament doesn't make a player. Other players have looked world beaters in the past then gone and lost to someone outside the top 100 the next week. Gulbis, Golubev, Tomic, Rosol.. need I go on?

Raonic is very consistent. Let's wait and see how consistent this guy is. I doubt Janowicz will ever rank above Raonic however.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #191 on: November 04, 2012, 07:19 AM »

@ TMH
Not looking at one tournament. Looking at the way JJ plays. Much better all round game IMHO.
Don't think JJ competed much last year. May explain low ranking? But now shooting up to 22 I believe.
Unless he becomes injured, watch this space.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #192 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10 AM »

@ TMH
Not looking at one tournament. Looking at the way JJ plays. Much better all round game IMHO.
Don't think JJ competed much last year. May explain low ranking? But now shooting up to 22 I believe.
Only 22 if he wins today I think.  Otherwise Peter Fleming thought might be in the 29/30 region.  Either way meteoric and I guess would qualify for most improved player award?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #193 on: November 04, 2012, 12:11 PM »

I think the key with what has happened to JJ is the word potential. He looks like he has the potential to be top ten. He moves quite well for a big guy, he has a game to back up the big serve, although it seems to me that the serve is the big foundation of his game.

It's whether he can be consistent or not, and we won't know that for a while yet. The thing is, JJ has had an incredible week, without a shadow of a doubt, but can he do it again and again? Can he do it when the top players are either all on form or with their minds not focused on the WTF. We'll see. How many players have been touted as the next one to break through only to struggle to do it given that the bar has been raised so high in this era? Time will tell if JJ can do it.

Whatever happens, and personally, nothing against JJ, but I'd prefer Ferrer to win today, what JJ has pulled off this week has been fascinating to see. Maybe he got a wee bit lucky against Andy, and possibly also against Tipsy, but what I personally admire is that he has made full use of that luck, so good on him.

Does JJ remind anyone else of Cilic? Every time I've watched him this week I've thought of Cilic, but with a stronger mental state.

The interesting thing about today is that should JJ win he could be seeded at the AO. Why do I get the feeling I can already predict who will have him in their draw if that happens?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #194 on: November 04, 2012, 01:14 PM »

@ TMH
Yes but it's still one tournament. Plenty of players have looked world beaters in one tournament then fallen away. Gulbis, Golubev, etc, do I need to repeat myself? We have no idea whatsoever how consistent he will be. He's clearly on form now, and he's obviously not going to be in this sort of form in every single tournament. This could be his regular ability (which would be strange, as he's not performed like this all year..) or more likely it's a bit of a flash in the pan.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »