Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray

(Read 4931 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #195 on: November 04, 2012, 01:15 PM »

I think the key with what has happened to JJ is the word potential. He looks like he has the potential to be top ten. He moves quite well for a big guy, he has a game to back up the big serve, although it seems to me that the serve is the big foundation of his game.

It's whether he can be consistent or not, and we won't know that for a while yet. The thing is, JJ has had an incredible week, without a shadow of a doubt, but can he do it again and again? Can he do it when the top players are either all on form or with their minds not focused on the WTF. We'll see. How many players have been touted as the next one to break through only to struggle to do it given that the bar has been raised so high in this era? Time will tell if JJ can do it.

Whatever happens, and personally, nothing against JJ, but I'd prefer Ferrer to win today, what JJ has pulled off this week has been fascinating to see. Maybe he got a wee bit lucky against Andy, and possibly also against Tipsy, but what I personally admire is that he has made full use of that luck, so good on him.

Does JJ remind anyone else of Cilic? Every time I've watched him this week I've thought of Cilic, but with a stronger mental state.

The interesting thing about today is that should JJ win he could be seeded at the AO. Why do I get the feeling I can already predict who will have him in their draw if that happens?
Well said Teejay.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #196 on: November 04, 2012, 01:20 PM »

@teejay 1
Better in every department than Cilic. Just compare forehands for a start. His backhand is poor and I kept yelling at Simon to send the ball to his backhand, but alas he wasn't listening to me.. Rolling Eyes
He couldn't even send his serve to JJ's backhand.....sigh.
But, as you say, the real test will come next year when he will play tournament after tournament and the other players will be more ready for him. His type of game will probably lend itself to injury too, I'd think.
He just lost a Challenger in Moscow. Wonder who to? And where is that man? Whistle Why wasn't he in Paris Think
Or perhaps he was.....
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #197 on: November 04, 2012, 01:23 PM »

@ TMH
"..do I need to repeat myself.."
No need to be rude just because we have a difference of opinion.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #198 on: November 04, 2012, 02:06 PM »

@ TMH
"..do I need to repeat myself.."
No need to be rude just because we have a difference of opinion.
Not being rude BBH, just getting a little tired of repeating the same point over and over again to different posters.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #199 on: November 04, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Spot on Teejay
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #200 on: November 04, 2012, 07:01 PM »

JJ still has a long way to go, frankly. The burden of playing consistent tennis once you get recognized is huge and it sometimes takes years for players to overcome it. Here, in this tournament, JJ was more like a free spirit with no strings attached and so he was able to showcase his talent, but once this is done and you become one of the ones with the potential, it automatically becomes a much harder road and a much tougher task.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #201 on: November 04, 2012, 07:06 PM »

Good luck to the guy for doing so well this week but.....he has the sort of game that other players will soon work out.  Also, on courts slower than Paris his serve will be less potent (although still good obviously).  He's up to No.30 now ahead of players like Baggy and Troicki but not sure if he'll stay there for long.  All the same, we don't want him in Andy's part of the draw at Oz!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #202 on: November 04, 2012, 07:49 PM »

@teejay 1
Better in every department than Cilic. Just compare forehands for a start. His backhand is poor and I kept yelling at Simon to send the ball to his backhand, but alas he wasn't listening to me.. Rolling Eyes
He couldn't even send his serve to JJ's backhand.....sigh.

To be honest I didn't mean his game as such. I can't put my finger on it, but he reminded me of Cilic. Then again, Paris hasn't had my full attention this week. Thank God my visitors are now back home and I can watch the WTF in peace. Then again, the phone will undoubtedly ring just as Andy appears tomorrow. Honestly, I think it's a rule or something lol.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #203 on: November 04, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Good luck to the guy for doing so well this week but.....he has the sort of game that other players will soon work out.  Also, on courts slower than Paris his serve will be less potent (although still good obviously).  He's up to No.30 now ahead of players like Baggy and Troicki but not sure if he'll stay there for long.  All the same, we don't want him in Andy's part of the draw at Oz!
I do. Andy nearly beat him playing at a very mediocre level this week. At the AO, much closer to his best, he would pulverise him in straights (ala Raonic at the USO). And I'd like to see this H2H straightened out as soon as possible really.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray « Reply #204 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19 PM »

So this JJ player is going to win 10 grand slams? Aye   just  you just sit doon pal.  This is just a classic case of  big serving player  purple patch  match. He will lose in the next round.  He is nothing special.

Janowicz is just another Rosol. Get a big win and then failing to back it up.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »