Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Khan keen to take up Murray offer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Khan keen to take up Murray offer

(Read 537 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Khan keen to take up Murray offer « on: November 06, 2005, 03:38 PM »

Source: SportingLife
Amir Khan will take up the offer to share the secrets of success with his fellow teenage sporting sensation Andy Murray after extending his unbeaten record to three fights in Glasgow.

Tennis star Murray watched from a front row seat as Khan dispatched Walsall journeyman Steve Gethin 49 seconds into the third round of a thoroughly one-sided contest at the Braehead Arena.

Murray said:
We are both part of this younger generation of sportsmen coming through in this country and I like to think we can learn from each other and help each other to further success.

There is a lot of pressure on Amir but he is a nice lad and I was impressed with his performance. He is very quick and sharp and I am sure he is going to be very big in the future.

Khan said:
Andy is the same age as me and we are both going the same way - right to the top.

I can't play tennis but I've seen Andy on television. Hopefully I'll see him a few times in the future and we'll get to know each other.

- Full Story (sportinglife.com)
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Khan keen to take up Murray offer « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:32 AM »

Amir Khan again.... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,4-1860568,00.html

'He said: "I punch people and Andy hits tennis balls."'

Very Happy made me laugh. don't know why.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Khan keen to take up Murray offer « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:52 PM »

I dont think he can learn from Khan, as I imagine the training routines etc are completely different.

Don't quote me on that though!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Khan keen to take up Murray offer « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 10:17 PM »

just about to quote you there! Smile :P

But i agree.. the only thing that they have in comman is that they are teens, that are really making an impact not just in the wee British countries but in the rest of the world. And of course it's crazy out there...
But Boris would know better then Amir (no offence of course...) But it's because of the lifestyle.. tennis is big! routines are completley crazy, where you play hours on end, with huge amounts of tours and matches.. boxing is different in that understanding.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »