Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis

(Read 2115 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011, 09:51 AM »

PT well Johnny Mac did suggest the way to beat Rafa was to kick his water bottles over Smile Will be observing very closely today and hope the tics get ferocious Wink
BTW agree with Ruthie about your style Smile

Awwwwwwwwwwww thanks "blueberryhill" you've all made coming out really easy here on MW thanks alot for your support too  wub love you all.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 11:09 AM »

"Against Bolelli it was a bit strange - when I went behind I felt more comfortable than when I was in front.
I just want to get that mentality into a whole match
."

This statement from Andy after beating Bolelli, and all his subsequent matches to date whilst competing in this years FO, suggest to me that Andy understands himself more than we give him credit for, my only concern with this type of play is that in falling behind his opponent (which gives him added impetus to really go for his shots) he may unwittingly be creating a challenge for himself that is just too great to summount, in essence tripping himself up and not closing the gap. Its obvious to me that Andy is a risk taker, he thrives on the adrenalin rush that these types of self induced challenges create within him. Far from possessing a frail mind Andy actually posses a rather strong mind which is very abstract  - what a unique character he is, the more i learn about our Andy the more i just think he is fascinasting. This theory if proven cements the idea in my own head that Andy is arguably the most gifted and creative tennis player of his generation, and i believe there will always be this discord between the mind and body, its this power struggle that will do one of two things, it will either destroy him or take him to unimaginable heights in the tennis world, i for one hope its the latter of the two claims.

That's really interesting PT.  I for two also hope it's the latter, if you're right.
Hey Caz I haven't a clue what is and isn't a tango but sounds good to me.  Are there any good Andy songs I wonder?  Can't think of any off hand.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 12:01 PM »

That's really interesting PT.  I for two also hope it's the latter, if you're right.
Hey Caz I haven't a clue what is and isn't a tango but sounds good to me.  Are there any good Andy songs I wonder?  Can't think of any off hand.
How about 'Scotland The Brave' or Amazing Grace?
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #108 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10 PM »

Nah it has got to be a rousing rendition of Loch Lomand  before Andy leaves the tunnell this afternoon.  Come on Andy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #109 on: June 03, 2011, 12:18 PM »

Aye! Jist so long as it's Nadal who 'taks the low road'!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #110 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57 PM »

Aileen I was talking about Frew McMillan on Euro Sport. I'm not sure of his ahe but he sound ANCIENT.
Wish we had other commentators other than English ones who are so biased.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #111 on: June 03, 2011, 07:07 PM »

Aileen I was talking about Frew McMillan on Euro Sport. I'm not sure of his ahe but he sound ANCIENT.

lol  Frew McMillan is not English, he's South African.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #112 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20 PM »

I did not say he was English .Most of the other commentators are. I watched the BBC today.
Smarty Pants !
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #113 on: June 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »

I did not say he was English .Most of the other commentators are. I watched the BBC today.
Smarty Pants !

There's no need to be rude again LB ... you mentioned Frew MacMillan and English in the same breath, hence the conclusion.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #114 on: June 04, 2011, 03:52 AM »

Just checked - and Frew was born in May 1942, which (ahem) makes him six months older than I am.  That is not ancient.  Today's 60s are yesterday's 40s! Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #115 on: June 04, 2011, 05:58 AM »

Yes......today's 60s were born in the 40s! w00t [only kiddin']
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #116 on: June 04, 2011, 06:28 AM »

I do love your humour, Caz. Very Happy
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #117 on: August 28, 2011, 11:40 AM »

Love the banter on here.....it's so refreshing!  tv
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Last tango for Chela as Murray makes semis « Reply #118 on: August 29, 2011, 12:53 PM »

Love the banter on here.....it's so refreshing!  tv
oh we can banter for England/Scotland/UK/Europe/the world ChrisMac.  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »