Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Mahut storms past Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Mahut storms past Murray

(Read 4549 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #105 on: June 14, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Andy has his eye firmly on the main events of this wonderful summer of sport.  He played his RG QF against Ferrer and his first match on London grass against Mahut with a fair degree of containment.  When Andy isn't moving well he isn't playing well and he spent most of his time yesterday testing his footing on the treacherous slippery turf.  Similarly he wasn't able to express himself freely during the clay season, clearly hampered by pain and his awareness of not wanting to make things worse than they already were, 

He is fast approaching the tennis pinnacle not only of 2012 but of his career, having to manage his physical ailments as well as he possibly can with an eagle eye on giving his all where it really matters - the premier grand slam at Wimbledon and the mother of all Olympic tennis tournaments, again at Wimbledon.  This is it for Andy - there will never be another opportunity for him to shine quite like this again.  He is the right age, not too young, nor too old, he has the experience, he has the talent, but unfortunately he also has those pesky niggles. 

So he has to be economic with his movements, his schedule, his training, his practice, his matchplay.  All this at a time when he is courageously incorporating Lendl-driven changes into his already-phenomenal game in order to push himself to lift those glittering trophies. 

I have nothing but admiration for Andy, unlike the knockers and critics, most shamefully the bitter green-eyed monsters who sit in TV studios and press rooms knocking him and belittling him at every opportunity.  God knows how he puts up with it but we are so lucky he does.  Every time he goes out of a tournament it dies a death, he brings so much to the sport with his sheer presence, not to mention his brilliant play and  of course the drama. 

I have a feeling Andy is well up for the challenges imminently ahead and, injuries permitting, he will go flat out to achieve his and our dreams.   
Lovely as always clementine, and very true.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #106 on: June 14, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Hey, has everyone noticed that all the players that Andy was most likely to play have all been eliminated! What's that about?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #107 on: June 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Andy has his eye firmly on the main events of this wonderful summer of sport.  He played his RG QF against Ferrer and his first match on London grass against Mahut with a fair degree of containment.  When Andy isn't moving well he isn't playing well and he spent most of his time yesterday testing his footing on the treacherous slippery turf.  Similarly he wasn't able to express himself freely during the clay season, clearly hampered by pain and his awareness of not wanting to make things worse than they already were, 

He is fast approaching the tennis pinnacle not only of 2012 but of his career, having to manage his physical ailments as well as he possibly can with an eagle eye on giving his all where it really matters - the premier grand slam at Wimbledon and the mother of all Olympic tennis tournaments, again at Wimbledon.  This is it for Andy - there will never be another opportunity for him to shine quite like this again.  He is the right age, not too young, nor too old, he has the experience, he has the talent, but unfortunately he also has those pesky niggles. 

So he has to be economic with his movements, his schedule, his training, his practice, his matchplay.  All this at a time when he is courageously incorporating Lendl-driven changes into his already-phenomenal game in order to push himself to lift those glittering trophies. 

I have nothing but admiration for Andy, unlike the knockers and critics, most shamefully the bitter green-eyed monsters who sit in TV studios and press rooms knocking him and belittling him at every opportunity.  God knows how he puts up with it but we are so lucky he does.  Every time he goes out of a tournament it dies a death, he brings so much to the sport with his sheer presence, not to mention his brilliant play and  of course the drama. 

I have a feeling Andy is well up for the challenges imminently ahead and, injuries permitting, he will go flat out to achieve his and our dreams.   
 this is Brilliant.  cmon yeah  yay spot on  100 % !!!   I'm all welled up.  Happy tears. Smile   
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #108 on: June 14, 2012, 06:51 PM »

Clementine... your post is great.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43 PM »

Tsonga out well well,   maybe  Andy wasn't so bad !!!!!!!
And Tsonga is a doubt for Wimbledon having suffered a suspected broken finger after slipping on the grass ...
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Hey, has everyone noticed that all the players that Andy was most likely to play have all been eliminated! What's that about?
It really has turned out to be a strange Queens that's for sure T.t.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #111 on: June 14, 2012, 08:02 PM »

A bit like Miami - that was a weird tournament for Andy.
IP Logged
Joan Harrison
Re: Mahut storms past Murray Not impressed I was there yesterday « Reply #112 on: June 14, 2012, 08:42 PM »

HI my husdband and I were at the game yesterday and were very disappointed in Andy Murreys game
We thought he should have won. Not much hope for Wimbledone if he plays like that again.
Mahut lost easly today why could Andy do that yesterday Time to ditch Lendle I think Not doing him
much good. Do your own game Andy not what someone else tells you. Joan Harrison good luck for Wimbledone
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #113 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Excellent post Clementine, you have summed it all up beautifully.  This really is the Summer of all for Andy and I agree that in the last two games he has not played with the freedom normally associated with his game, as you say due to his niggling back and yesterday the slippery surface.  Looks like Tsonga may have payed the ultimate price today!!  I hope that Andy is unleashed during Wimbledon and the Olympics, he is simply magical when he brings his A game, but his movement is pivotal. 

Andy deserves success, he continually strives to improve himself, to better himself, works hard, the Lendl partnership will reap benefits, we just have to be patient.  Just have this feeling that something special is going to happen, it is going to come together for him, this is the storm before the rainbow appeara, the times of raking down the back of the sofa for any loose change before you buy a winning lottery ticket !!! 

In Muzza we trust.......
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #114 on: June 14, 2012, 09:03 PM »

Andy has his eye firmly on the main events of this wonderful summer of sport.  He played his RG QF against Ferrer and his first match on London grass against Mahut with a fair degree of containment.  When Andy isn't moving well he isn't playing well and he spent most of his time yesterday testing his footing on the treacherous slippery turf. 

I agree he did look tentative yesterday. It was exactly the smae conditions for Mahut but granted he had already had a match. In hindsight it was a very difficult first match for Andy on grass. Mahut is probably a top 32 player on this surface.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #115 on: June 14, 2012, 09:04 PM »

And Tsonga is a doubt for Wimbledon having suffered a suspected broken finger after slipping on the grass ...
Wow Aileen maybe Andy was right to be carefull , he did say it was like ice.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #116 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Similarly he wasn't able to express himself freely during the clay season, clearly hampered by pain and his awareness of not wanting to make things worse than they already were, 

Every other player has pesky niggles. So why not Andy. Its part of being a professional tennis player. And is anyone else fed up with people going on about Andy's back. Its driving me nuts. His back is fine. It was fine in Paris and its fine now. Just ask Andy. And just watch him run like a roadrunner and hit massive serves and forehands.

And I don't agree now is definetly his time. Ferrer is 30 and is playing the best tennis of his career. Mahut has recently said the same and he's a similar age. So I'm beginning to think Andy may not peak until 27-28. Players look after themselves so much better now than 20 years ago.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #117 on: June 14, 2012, 09:15 PM »

HI my husdband and I were at the game yesterday and were very disappointed in Andy Murreys game
We thought he should have won. Not much hope for Wimbledone if he plays like that again.
Mahut lost easly today why could Andy do that yesterday Time to ditch Lendle I think Not doing him
much good. Do your own game Andy not what someone else tells you. Joan Harrison good luck for Wimbledone
I don't call 7-6, 6-4 an easy win.  Dimitrov is very much a rising star.  Won the Boys Singles at both Wimbledon and the USO in 2008.  Also he pushed Andy for two sets in the QF at the Thailand Open last year and had the potential to cause him trouble here.  I'm sure Andy'll come good for Wimbledon though.

Wow Aileen maybe Andy was right to be carefull , he did say it was like ice.
Have a look at the pic I posted today at 1:24 am - you should NOT be seeing skid-marks like that on a grass court!!
[ Last edit by Aileen June 14, 2012, 09:18 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #118 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18 PM »

I don't call 7-6, 6-4 an easy win.  Dimitrov is very much a rising star.  Won the Boys Singles at both Wimbledon and the USO in 2008.  Also he pushed Andy for two sets in the QF at the Thailand Open last year and had the potential to cause him trouble here.  I'm sure Andy'll come good for Wimbledon though.
Have a look at the pic I posted today at 1:24am - you should NOT be seeing skid-marks like that on a grass court!!
I see what you mean Aileen, as we have seen today a lot of players falling!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #119 on: June 14, 2012, 09:20 PM »

I think Andy was trying to win !!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »