Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Mahut storms past Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Mahut storms past Murray

(Read 4559 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 06:24 PM »

Neither. It is a "head problem".

Exactly, got no excuses but himself when hes out there.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Queens mean nothing....it's actually a good result...he's had some grass play and this will really fire him up for Wimbledon! Better to get this rubbish out of the way, than it to happen in the first round of the big tournament!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 06:44 PM »

One match is hardly some grass play.  A couple of competitive matches would have got him fired up!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Queens mean nothing....it's actually a good result...he's had some grass play and this will really fire him up for Wimbledon! Better to get this rubbish out of the way, than it to happen in the first round of the big tournament!
Are you having a laugh?  He's committed himself to Queens for 5 years.  I doubt they're impressed and I suspect the only watch company currently interested in signing up Andy would be Timex.

I'm a realistic, so at least I don't kid myself (and try to kid others) that he'll do it one day.  I'm sorry, but I just don't think he ever will.  I'll continue to always watch Andy and support him, but I won't be wearing rose tinted glasses.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Disappointed, but not entirely surprised by this, Mahut is a classy low pressure player on a run of form.  Not unduly perturbed either on reflection -  after a good grass match workout  he has more time to get ready for Wimbledon/Olympics. So not a major worry in the great scheme of things.
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 07:12 PM »

Andy needs to remember how to WIN.  I don't know what Lendl is telling him but I'm not entirely in the `his game is in transition' camp.

He was doing okay pre-Lendl other than having the belief necessary to win a major.

How much the back problem has affected his current form, we don't know but he needs to remember the winning formula.  I was sure he would come through the final tiebreak and can't believe he fell at the last hurdle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Totally disappointed by this result and the fade in the 3rd set TB was veryworrying.  What was worse was that by the end of the 3rd Andy's body language did not inspire confidence.  He looked as though he simply didn't care. 

It seems to me that Andy is going backwards under Lendl, either that or the back problem is worse than we know.  If it's the latter then perhaps he should have given this tournament a miss.

Whatever, unless he can get some match practice in elsewhere before Wimbledon than I cannot realistically see any great results there.   
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Blessing in disguise I missed this, maybe.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24 PM »

I'm out of my depth in even attempting to fathom why he couldn't find a way to win that match. Is Lendl really helping him? In the Shanghai winning run last year he showed his true ability both physically and mentally - then came Lendl. I know he's a great tennis player and he and Andy get along well but is this really a transition period? I love watching his brilliance but is he using it to its best advantage? There are even more questions now. I hate this for him - it is his life and I feel for him. Sorry but I'm a silly s**d and a sentimental old woman.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 07:27 PM »

the only wish I want is to see the 2011 Murray back in action.  I am not liking Murray 2012 one bit.   I don't trust him.  He never wins matches easily anymore    ahh remember the Asian swing last year  back when Andy used to play great tennis.  I feed my belief off of that.  Its slowly deteriorating away  right now.  being a Murray fan sucks. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Hi, missed the match as I was out. Not surprised he lost, for some reason I had a bad feeling about this tournament. Sorry he lost, but a bit of stress free tennis won't hurt. The worse bit is reading the comments on here and in the press. Try to get things in perspective folks, kids are being massacred in Syria, abused on the streets of Britain, and people are worried out of their minds in Greece. Murray, lost a tennis match - not really in the same league. Perhaps his back is still not right, perhaps he is having personal problems. Who knows. The other top players don't often lose these sort of matches. I see them as automatons. People can chose to support them. If you follow Murray this sort of thing is what you can expect. Don't then complain because that is what happens. He has still achieved more than any other British tennis player in the last 70 years. Perhaps he is going to have a duff year and drop a few places in the rankings.  He still has a few years left in him. He is not exactly facing a challenge for Britains no 1 tennis player is he?  Leave the poor sod alone. Apologies if this offends anyone, but this is not the end of the world.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 07:45 PM »

the only wish I want is to see the 2011 Murray back in action.  I am not liking Murray 2012 one bit.   I don't trust him.  He never wins matches easily anymore    ahh remember the Asian swing last year  back when Andy used to play great tennis.  I feed my belief off of that.  Its slowly deteriorating away  right now.  being a Murray fan sucks. 
No it doesn't - it just get a bit miserable at times, then we can really enjoy the good ones when they come along! hug
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 07:51 PM »

No it doesn't - it just get a bit miserable at times, then we can really enjoy the good ones when they come along! hug
I'm still waiting on the good ones to come.  Still waiting. I'm Trying very hard not to lose every hair I have on my head.  Its a nightmare being a Murray fan epecially if your young like me.. I have friends to see and things to do  but I put it all off just for Muzza  and what does he do he  plays like a turkey and loses
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 June 13, 2012, 07:56 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 07:59 PM »

I'm still waiting on the good ones to come.  Still waiting. I'm Trying not to lose every hair I have on my head.  Its a nightmare being a Murray fan epecially if your young like me.. I have friends to see and things to do  but I put it all off just for Muzza  and what does he do he  plays like a turkey and loses
John - my advice to you is ... go and see your friends and do the things you want to do because centring your life around one tennis player, or anyone for that matter, is going to do you no good whatsoever.  If you have other interests to focus on then you might be surprised how quickly you get Andy into perspective.

Will you do that? hug
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Mahut storms past Murray « Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Is that the Murray that lost in a flat AO final to Djokovic then slumped with some wild losses until Rome and Roland Garros?

I enjoyed the Asian swing too, especially him bagelling Nadal, but I think the form he had and the plan to get to number three made him push his body too much and this hampered him later on in Paris and the World Finals. It could even have been the catalyst for the physical problems he's had this year.

He can either try and stay the 2011 Murray who can grind his way to number four and grand slam semi finals, or he can take the risk and try and find a new Murray blend that might just go that extra step.  It might suck watching him get there though as the best blends can take take time to mature!  toast
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »