Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Majestic Murray motors into last eight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Majestic Murray motors into last eight

(Read 4271 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #105 on: June 29, 2011, 08:48 PM »

What I like about Andy is that he beats up on himself and not the other player. I watch him a lot and I can't remember the last time he took time out  at a crucial time which all of the others seem to do. He is always careful to underplay any injuries and just tells it as it is. He is a fighter and I believe an extraordinarily sensitive and decent guy. I just think about how he actually witnessed the horror of Dunblane but never mentions it. How he went to Spain from a broken home on his own at the age of sixteen and eventually became world number 2. How he never gives up despite finding himself up against the two best players that have ever lived. How he doesnt drink,show off and sleep around. How he does stuff for kids tennis and helps his Mum. How he does stuff for Comic Relief when he can't act for toffee.  Really when all is said and done what's not to like? He should shave though and soon.
 yay yay yay

clap
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #106 on: June 29, 2011, 10:19 PM »

Yeah because the other players don't support and haven't started charities and projects? Others haven't got split families and didn't travel away from their families to train? He is by no means different to many in that regard.
As for underplaying injuries lol even most hardened Murray supporters would say he generally has something up. I'm not saying made up or that it stops him playing well but if Andy wakes up with a headache we generally know about it Wink
I think you usually know about it because he grimaces on court and the media are so desperate for a story that they ask him about it and he just answers truthfully. I honestly don't think that Andy has ever brought up an injury in a post match press conference unless prompted.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #107 on: June 30, 2011, 12:35 AM »

I think you usually know about it because he grimaces on court and the media are so desperate for a story that they ask him about it and he just answers truthfully. I honestly don't think that Andy has ever brought up an injury in a post match press conference unless prompted.
I believe you're right, and the interviewer in this case was persisting in going on and on about it - before throwing in the hypochondriac bit for good measure.  Andy did try to laugh it off but you could tell he wasn't exactly chuffed!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #108 on: June 30, 2011, 12:38 AM »

That interviewer acted like a twat, Andy wasn't going to bring up the injury and when it was brought up he not only played it down but explained why tennis players are very cautious over minor injuries.

For the interviewer to then throw in that insulting comment not only shows he didn't listen to Andy's explanation, because if he did, he'd realise he was mocking an essential practice of professional tennis at the highest level but also shows he just planned on having a jab at Andy beforehand for what we must assume is for personal reasons.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #109 on: June 30, 2011, 12:57 AM »

Does no-one ever mention the fact that the great Federer FREQUENTLY comes out AFTER HE HAS LOST quietly slipping in the fact that he had a little niggle?  I mean he did it today in his post-match interview when he was talking about last year.

Andy just has to answer the questions put, and frankly if that had been me I would have absolutely lost it with him.....he was well out of order.  Andy handled it well.  I mean Nadal has had his fair share of little niggles recently as well.  It all comes down to the retarded monkeys in the press and their need to spin anything as far as possible to fill space, justify their sad and simplistic existence.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #110 on: June 30, 2011, 01:00 AM »

Andy did indeed handle it well but he knew he had to - if he got angry the press would attack him... thankfully these days, they have absolutely no material to use against him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #111 on: June 30, 2011, 01:23 AM »

That interviewer acted like a twat, Andy wasn't going to bring up the injury and when it was brought up he not only played it down but explained why tennis players are very cautious over minor injuries.

For the interviewer to then throw in that insulting comment not only shows he didn't listen to Andy's explanation, because if he did, he'd realise he was mocking an essential practice of professional tennis at the highest level but also shows he just planned on having a jab at Andy beforehand for what we must assume is for personal reasons.
Could it be he's one of the anti-Scottish brigade?  He certainly sounded a bit confrontational.

Does no-one ever mention the fact that the great Federer FREQUENTLY comes out AFTER HE HAS LOST quietly slipping in the fact that he had a little niggle?  I mean he did it today in his post-match interview when he was talking about last year.
I think that's been commented on by a few people on here.  I remember last year when Andy won the Shanghai Masters, Fed lost no time in telling the media that "I was sick and I was injured".  Pathetic.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 30, 2011, 01:26 AM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Majestic Murray motors into last eight « Reply #112 on: June 30, 2011, 12:33 PM »

Rafa was supposed to be in agony with his sore foot. After the trainer coming
on and having an extended medical time out he carried on playing. Next day
he has an MRI which found NO SERIOUS INJURY.  Now if this had been Andy
you would have had everyone saying he was a "Drama Queen" I don't
understand why this is so. How often does he have the trainer out ?
I do not think Rafa is a goody goody as he is made out to be.  He is capable
of managing breaks when he feels he needs to.  I think at the time of his
injury he needed an excuse to stop as Del Potro was playing very well.
So don't go on about Andy.  I am sure all players if they think they need
to regroup will take a toilet break or a time out to get their game on an
even keel again. This applies to ALL players not just Rafa or Andy. Whistle Whistle Whistle
PS. He was ticked off about getting a warning for time wasting by the umpire.
[ Last edit by Littlebuddha June 30, 2011, 12:37 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »