Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's French run continues 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's French run continues

(Read 2256 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22 PM »

Andy played amazing Smile incredible stuff Smile  best match of the tournament.. I really enjoyed it Smile onwards and upwards Andy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 01:46 PM »

What a brilliant performance just great. Andy had all the shots and Llodra had a big hand in a great match. His post match interview was great too he was relaxed and smiling and joking with the interviewer. Onwards and upwards Andy great match today cmonandy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Our power went off half way through Andy's second set and didn't come back on until just about the end of Hewitt's match. Sod's Law - having sat up most of the night watching pretty one-sided contests, I missed the best matches of the day! Well done to Andy though - what I saw was great and it sounds as though he got better and better. Really pleased for Hewitt too - would love to see him beat Djoko - not likely I know but miracles do happen sometimes, don't they?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 02:22 PM »

So sad I missed it (recording problem).. but so thrilled to hear it was a fun match.
Well done again Andy!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 03:38 PM »

toot toot cmonandy That was just amazing, what a match Andy , the very best so far, and what fun, and a great interview, who says he doesn't smile and hasn't got a sense of humour!,,  cheers
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 03:50 PM »

His post match interview was great too he was relaxed and smiling and joking with the interviewer.

"What are you doing this evening?"

"I'm going to get hammered!"

lmao
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 04:40 PM »

Commiserations to those of you who missed it but anyone with Eurosport will be able to watch the highlights from 5pm I think it is.
That was a wonderful match.  Had me smiling, laughing with the sheer excellence and joy of it.  It was SO good to see Andy really enjoying himself.  Loved the little touch when he kind of embraced Llodra having whacked him with the ball.  And so much wonderful shot-making.   yay
Had a companion with me who supports Andy in an armchair sort of way and he thought his play was wonderful too.  We couldn't stop talking about it afterwards. 
How handy that Andy played his next opponent [yes I admit I've already forgotten his name!] in Brisbane so he already has the measure of him.
Oh and Boogers hope you didn't have to type such a positive report through gritted teeth.  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 06:16 PM »

^^ Boogers has always given credit where it's due in his reports. Smile

Missed first 6 games due to alarm not going off and the middle of the third due to BT broadband malfunction Rolling Eyes but throughly enjoyed what I did see.  Both players played some really superb tennis and the spontaneous entertainment from Llodra was joyful to behold.  He was so impishly gracious when he dropped a white towel on the court at the end of the second set, acknowledging that he was a beaten, that I could have hugged him.  Clearly two men who have a genuine respect and friendship for each other.  Oh that more matches could be like that!

Great to see Andy keeping his composure and turning in such a first-class performance.  Even my comms were running out of superlatives.  Also hopefully after this match and the interview that followed we'll be hearing a lot less about "the dour Scot" now.  Well done, Andy.  I'm so proud of you! superman
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 07:26 PM »

we'll be hearing a lot less about "the dour Scot" now.  Well done, Andy.  I'm so proud of you! superman

The comments sections, particularly in the Mail, are much more supportive of Andy than they've ever been. Only a couple of 'anyone but England' comments today and lots of green arrows against the positive remarks.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Well as I thought it would be French Fries for breakfast, but we got bagels as a side order!

I was wrong, must admit I voted for Andy in 4. Oh me of little faith. Embarassed

Not just you me too I thought it would be 4 but didnt bank on such a fun and entertaining match.  Great fun lots of smiles and compliments, the hug from Andy in the second set was great! Really showed him in a relaxed and amusing way. Not often I sit and smile and laugh at any Tennis match (except maybe one that involves Bahrami) Great job Andy - Onwards and Upwards.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Good report, Phil. You're obviously mellowing with age. Don't make a habit of being reasonably positive. Remember you have a low level comment reputation to preserve.

Well done, our Andy. A worthy and relaxed exhibition class of master tennis. His first service percentage was at least reasonable. His unforced error count was good and lowish.

Onwards and upwards Until Monday and Kukushkin on RLA? Please give Andy a break. The other 3 have played RLA at least twice, Andy zilch. This is not fair. Get Mr Lendl to complain and force the issue if he can.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 08:46 PM »

I'm thinking Andy may well be on RLA afterall.  I didn't realise that Hewitt would play Djokivic next round, so that's odds on favourite for being a night match, leaving the day free for Andy.  Doesn't suit me but I'll take it on the chin, for Andy's sake. Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 09:05 PM »

This encounter was filled with positives for Murray. His baseline game was impenetrable, his movement exceptional and serve, whilst not at it's best, solid enough.

Phil? Can't be.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51 PM »

The comments sections, particularly in the Mail, are much more supportive of Andy than they've ever been. Only a couple of 'anyone but England' comments today and lots of green arrows against the positive remarks.
That's very encouaring, Nigel.  Inevitably there will always be the usual negativity from morons whose brains are only capable of running along one track.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's French run continues « Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 10:29 PM »

That's very encouaring, Nigel.  Inevitably there will always be the usual negativity from morons whose brains are only capable of running along one track.

Here's the link. You'll notice the odd aggrieved comment by someone called Nigel from Lancs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2089789/Australian-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-destroys-Michael-Llodra.html#comments
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »