Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's poker face fools Giraldo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's poker face fools Giraldo

(Read 2782 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Wonderful interview. Courier said it was the "best interview" he'd ever seen with Andy. Gr8 to see Andy expressing his admiration of Santoro, the other "magician" in the commentary box.
Andy made two huge points to silence the cynics 1) he and Fed have had fewest retirements during matches 2) he and Fed have had trainer on fewest  times.
So hammer
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 06:05 PM »

Very well done Andy you won well hope only minimal aches and pains. Onward to next week don't practice too hard.

Good commentary on ITV fair and not like those creeps on Eurosport. Well done Andy forward to next week. hug hug hug

I was not too happy with the commentary, Jim was great, with full of info, but that Nick was a pain in the butt, as he mentioned drama at least 10 times during the match, probably because his knowledge of tennis is limited, wish he would piss off to Eurosport!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Thought it was a very good match and really enjoyed the Comms on ITV. Looking forward to hearing what Andy has to say when he comes to the ITV studio, sure he'll refuse to meet up with Eurosport.
Thought Petchey was very good today and Jim Courier when they said it was obvious that Andy was in pain with the back spasm and how they couldn't believe that anyone could say otherwise.

Also Jim said 10 out of 10 for Andy for still being in the tournament and Andy has the hardest draw from this point on Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 06:31 PM »

I have just watched Andy's interview with John Inverdale and Fabrice Santoro. He was very relaxed and totally at ease he answered the questions and said that he and Mr Smug were the two players who had the least visits by the trainer. Also he and Mr Smug have the least retirements from a game due to injury. Andy was very straight forward about what he thought of the comments made by VW. I doubt very much weather he will give interviews to Eurosport in future.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 11:01 PM »

I got to see some of that.  Well done, Andy!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 03:58 AM »

Go Andy! Good luck versus Reeeshard! He plays far back so hopefully Murray will punish him for that. Come in and use those soft hands.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 08:59 AM »

I have just watched Andy's interview with John Inverdale and Fabrice Santoro. He was very relaxed and totally at ease.

I thought the blushing (when talking directly to Fabrice) was sweet.  As was Fab asking Andy to sign his paper.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 09:52 AM »

Good match and brilliant interview by Inverdale with Andy. Is it me or does Inverdale seem less annoying on ITV than BBC? Maybe it's the company he's keeping makes him better lol
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24 AM »

I switched over channels, just to miss the interview with John Inverdale.  I did see him speaking with Annabel Croft.  I wonder why he is able to keep constant eye contact with her whilst she is speaking and yet the moment he opens his mouth he looks away and generally to the right and then fiddles with his hair.  I'm sure a decent body language expert could explain why.  Did anybody notice whether he reacted the same with Inverdale et al?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:26 AM »

I know what you mean Hazy.
Just seen a repeat of part of the interview and loved the exchange between the magician and his apprentice.
 I'm worried about the change of weather conditions.  Andy doesn't do wet cool very well and I fear his back won't like it at all.  I do hope it warms and dries up before tomorrow but if they're getting our weather a day later it will be even worse.   nervous
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:27 AM »

if anyone wants to watch the interview again.. then  go on the Murray Videos thread Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Thanks JK.  I think they only repeated part of it this morning on itv so I will later.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44 AM »

if anyone wants to watch the interview again.. then  go on the Murray Videos thread Smile
Thanks for that John. I missed it altogether and thought I'd have to go in search of it. I'm just going out now, but will look forward to seeing it as soon as I get back!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Good piece from Kevin Mitchell in today's Observer:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/02/andy-murray-santiago-giraldo-french-open

A nice dig at Virginia Creeper: 'Plenty of others, ill-informed and quick to judgement, were more blunt questioning his resolve, his penchant for theatrical exaggeration and even his honesty.     But this is not the "drama queen" of VW's infamous imagining; Murray is playing like a prince on this Jubilee weekend, and has survived the most searching physical trauma'. 
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's poker face fools Giraldo « Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 12:36 PM »

Good piece from Kevin Mitchell in today's Observer:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/02/andy-murray-santiago-giraldo-french-open

A nice dig at Virginia Creeper: 'Plenty of others, ill-informed and quick to judgement, were more blunt questioning his resolve, his penchant for theatrical exaggeration and even his honesty.     But this is not the "drama queen" of VW's infamous imagining; Murray is playing like a prince on this Jubilee weekend, and has survived the most searching physical trauma'. 
Ruthie that's brilliant , so funny Virginia creeper, and very good piece from k. Mitchell , have enjoyed itv and not having to listen to Creeper and Greg !! Andy did well in his interview sticking up for himself. clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »