Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's premature autobiography 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's premature autobiography

(Read 2814 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 02:28 PM »

So is he going to call for a press conference to talk about all that stuff, Mark?  No, that kind of information goes in books. 
Yup, for the money but unfortunately only a handful will buy it.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 02:37 PM »

He called me an idiot Crying or Very sad

A fool and his money are easily parted.

If that were the case, you would be living in cardboard city.

I've yet to see anyone actually argue against what I said.  If you say that none of the aforementioned topics intrigue you, then you are either lying or not really interested in Murray.

You don't want to find out more about the split with Brad?

By the way, Al,  someone who believes in God has no right to call anyone a "fool" or "gullible".
[ Last edit by Clydey May 17, 2008, 02:41 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 02:42 PM »

I've already argued that his thoughts on that small selection of topics is not enough to make a decent book. He could reveal his thoughts on those in an interview or two.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 02:44 PM »

Yup, for the money but unfortunately only a handful will buy it.

That's generally how these things work, Mark.  Do you also not buy food in principle because it's sold/manufactured for the money?

When someone writes a book, you pay money to read that book.  When a studio makes a film, they do so to make money.  He could always write an autobiography and give it away for free.  I'm not sure the publisher would be crazy about the idea, mind you.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 02:46 PM »

What a clever analogy Rolling Eyes

My issue is this looks like it is being done only for the money which is sad because he's a multimillionaire and if he wants respect for this book then he should wait until his career is near an end before he releasing it.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49 PM »

I've already argued that his thoughts on that small selection of topics is not enough to make a decent book. He could reveal his thoughts on those in an interview or two.

Those topics were just off the top of my head.  And no, you didn't argue.  You asserted.  There is a difference.  Simply stating something does not constitute an argument.

He can't just call up a paper and tell them he wants to discuss in detail his upbringing, his junior career, his pro career, his family, his coaches (splits with Petchey and Gilbert), how he felt after certain matches.

I'm talking about detailed accounts here.  For that to happen, there would have to be a mini series.  I also said that I wouldn't buy it unless he discussed those things and that I'm not about to purchase a diluted version of his life.  I don't think that constitutes foolishness.

Maybe those things intrigue me more than they intrigue you.  And I'm certain not so naive that I think he would call a press conference and discuss all those things.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 02:54 PM »

What a clever analogy Rolling Eyes

My issue is this looks like it is being done only for the money which is sad because he's a multimillionaire and if he wants respect for this book then he should wait until his career is near an end before he releasing it.

I hate to tell you this, Mark, but many things are done/sold only for the money.  Just about every autobiography written is done for the money.  Do you think the writer of every autobiography does so because they are compelled to tell everyone the most intimate details of their life?  Obviously not.

I've given you list of things he could discuss.  And those were just off the top of my head.  I haven't even given it much thought.  There are doubtless many more things he could cover.  And no, he can't just ask to be interviewed about all of those things.  That's not realistic.  And even if he could, why should he give up the money he'll make from book sales?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 02:56 PM »

And no, you didn't argue.  You asserted.  There is a difference.  Simply stating something does not constitute an argument.
What utter bulls**t! It was an argument and a response to the comment you made. Now you've made such a stupid comment, I realise it's clearly not worth my time to engage in conversation with you. retard
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #38 on: May 17, 2008, 02:58 PM »

What utter bulls**t! It was an argument and a response to the comment you made. retard

In what way was it an argument?  You didn't actually argue.  You made an assertion.  I'm sorry, but saying that he could talk about his while life in an interview is just ridiculous.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #39 on: May 17, 2008, 03:00 PM »

He called me an idiot Crying or Very sad

Don't worry, I think it's clear to everyone who the idiot is hug
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 03:05 PM »

Don't worry, I think it's clear to everyone who the idiot is hug

Yeah, you and Al are too cool and non-conformist to buy Murray's book.

Here's the difference.  I didn't say I was definitely going to buy it.  I said I would wait to see what he actually covers in the book.  And if I don't think it's worth buying, I won't buy it.

Both of you are passing judgement without knowing what will be in the book and calling anyone who even considers buying it an idiot.  So who's being the more rational?  The person who says he'll wait and see what the book has to offer or the person who calls someone an idiot for thinking about buying it?
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 04:34 PM »

If you say that none of the aforementioned topics intrigue you, then you are either lying or not really interested in Murray.
You don't want to find out more about the split with Brad?

Do you honestly think he will be including anything even slightly controversial in this book?

All he will say about Brad is that it worked well to begin with, but over the course of the season Brad’s intensity in talking about tennis it caused friction. So it was best if they went there own ways.

Brad does not bad mouth any of the players he has worked with, Andy will return the same courtesy.
This was stated at the time.

On the Hamilton shootings he was taken to the Headmasters office and was too young to really remember it.

As stated at the time, I doubt you will get anything more as he has always tried to distance himself from this type of sensationalist reporting.

On the LTA those bad boys mucked up Jaime’s career that is why I went to Spain.

Already in the public domain may go into slightly more detail but nothing of any great consequence.

On the Match fixing, no further information will be provided, only a repeat of the explanation he has already given.

Unlike the LTA who need Murray more than he needs them the ATP could and would come down hard on Andy if he said anything controversial on this, he would also run the risk of alienating fellow pros on the tour so it will not happen.

If it was the last year of his contract a warts and all book could be expected but at the age of twenty one it will be nothing but a rehash of the image his management want to project.
Do you honestly expect earth shattering revelations from this?

How does having further information on any of the topics you have mentioned affect myself when watching Andy play tennis or supporting him?

By the way, Al,  someone who believes in God has no right to call anyone a "fool" or "gullible".

Why does believing in God exclude me from calling someone Gullible or a fool?

I have been blessed with free will and it is what distinguishes us from the animals.

So I have every right to call you what I want, and as long as I show repentance for my sins my God will forgive me. innocent

IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 06:28 PM »

By the way, Al,  someone who believes in God has no right to call anyone a "fool" or "gullible".

I love that Clydey says things you're not 'allowed' to say. Very Happy

I think Andy should have waited until he had more time to write it himself. Books have little value when someone wrote it for you.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #43 on: May 17, 2008, 06:41 PM »

I love that Clydey says things you're not 'allowed' to say. Very Happy

I think Andy should have waited until he had more time to write it himself. Books have little value when someone wrote it for you.

Could you imagine Andy writing a book himself?

"playd football tennis. was gr8. going to lunch with carlos now. l8r."

Ok, so that's not so much a book.  It's more of a diary entry.  It would still make your eyes bleed, though Wink
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 06:54 PM »

Haha, indeed. Though, I meant he could write it himself for it to be corrected 10 times after. Wink

I recently found a giant mistake in a respected book. I nearly cried. Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »