Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov

(Read 1925 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « on: October 12, 2011, 02:51 PM »

Andy Murray advanced into the third round of the Shanghai Masters today without hitting a ball. Dmitry Tursunov, his supposed second round opponent, withdrew citing a wrist injury.

Murray received a first round bye and has yet to hit a ball in anger. The Scot will have an extra days rest, but won't relish facing Stanislaws Wawrinka in the third round.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55 PM »

Andy Murray advanced into the third round of the Shanghai Masters today without hitting a ball. Dmitry Tursunov, his supposed second round opponent, withdrew citing a wrist injury.

Murray received a first round bye and has yet to hit a ball in anger. The Scot will have an extra days rest, but won't relish facing Stanislaws Wawrinka in the third round.
Quite so Boogers, dosnt get any points yet so they were saying on sky,(which dosnt seem fair) but i am sure Andy wont let stan beat him!! Go Andy. yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:08 PM »

Well I hope you're right deb's. Andy better get down to business from the off!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13 PM »

Tursunov left it very late to withdraw.  Did anyone see Andy at Rafa's match?  He was there for the last few games.  Barry Cowan suggested that Andy should probably have entered the doubles in Shanghai.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:14 PM »

I think Andy will be fine tomorrow, the Andy facing Stan is a very different Andy to the one who lost to Stan last year, he was suffering from a virus, and certainly wasn't as together as he is now. He had a long practice with Ferrer and will not be as fatigued. Also Stan has not been playing very well of late, and Stan will have been aware of the way Andy has been playing so won't be as full of confidence as he would have been prior to Andy's marvellous run and unbelievable standard of tennis.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 03:16 PM »

Yes, it seems that if Andy  loses to Stan, he loses all 1000 points he accrued from winning this tournament last year - seems a little unfair  confused but, seemingly, no points are awarded for a bye or a walk-over.  

I would think Andy would rather have played today to get some match practice on the court before meeting Stan but judging by the way he's been playing of late he shouldn't have a problem in dispatching him.  - I hope!!!   nervous
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 03:29 PM »

cmonandy All the best against Stan!
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 03:42 PM »

let's hope for another andy-rafa final. and then hope for another stellar performance from andy.

hattrick baby yeah! Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50 PM »

let's hope for another andy-rafa final. and then hope for another stellar performance from andy.

hattrick baby yeah! Smile

Yeah!!!   yay
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 04:12 PM »

I would think Andy would rather have played today to get some match practice on the court before meeting Stan but judging by the way he's been playing of late he shouldn't have a problem in dispatching him.  - I hope!!!   nervous
Great choice of headline Boogers! I think Andy wanted some practice to get used to the conditions, which are quite different, he said. Anyway, he's right in at the deep end as fate decided. The extra recovery time wont do him any harm at all and I'm sure he'll be knocking the stuffing out of some tennis balls with someone. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18 PM »

The run continues.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 04:37 PM »

Don’t think a bit more rest can hurt, can rest those muscles and keep limbered up at leisure, not that much time to go …
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 05:05 PM »

The perfect outcome really.
There's nothing bad about an extra days rest & practice coming off a final.
Tomorrow is only in Murrays hands. Not in any way Waw's.
And there is NO way Murray is going to let Stan get the better of him again.
I mean why?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Great choice of headline Boogers! I think Andy wanted some practice to get used to the conditions, which are quite different, he said. Anyway, he's right in at the deep end as fate decided. The extra recovery time wont do him any harm at all and I'm sure he'll be knocking the stuffing out of some tennis balls with someone. cmon yeah

I read he had a long practice session with Ferrer.  I think he'll be OK tomorrow.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 05:31 PM »

I think Andy will be fine tomorrow, the Andy facing Stan is a very different Andy to the one who lost to Stan last year, he was suffering from a virus, and certainly wasn't as together as he is now. He had a long practice with Ferrer and will not be as fatigued. Also Stan has not been playing very well of late, and Stan will have been aware of the way Andy has been playing so won't be as full of confidence as he would have been prior to Andy's marvellous run and unbelievable standard of tennis.
Yes quite agree Michelle, Andys in a much better place now playing fab tennis, and as you say had a virus.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »