Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov

(Read 1511 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 05:33 PM »

Well I hope you're right deb's. Andy better get down to business from the off!
Yes i am sure he will  Chrismac, lots to play for !!! go Andy yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 05:59 PM »

The perfect outcome really.
There's nothing bad about an extra days rest & practice coming off a final.
Tomorrow is only in Murrays hands. Not in any way Waw's.
And there is NO way Murray is going to let Stan get the better of him again.
I mean why?
Exactly.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40 PM »

You are right, he will not let Stan get the better of him.  He has been practising on the surface, there should be no problem. Another days rest should be fine, but there again it can be another effect. I have seen  this on various events i worked  in the Far East.  I think Andy will be fine he is on a mission. Mind set to be No. 3 in the world
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Like the title Phil.  I suppose we should give Tursunov the benefit of the doubt, but waiting until an hour after your match was scheduled start before announcing a withdrawal due to injury does sound rather strange.

However, you can look at this in two ways.  Had the match gone ahead it's unlikely Andy would have seen his bed until the wee small hours, so therefore he has the benefit of getting a good night's sleep before he plays Wawrinka.  On the other hand, you could argue that playing Tursunov would have enabled Andy to ease himself into a tournament where the court surface is faster than that of Bangkok and Tokyo.

Personally I think the extra rest might be the better of the two options given how much competitive tennis he's played over the past two weeks, plus the travelling between the tournaments.  The fact that he's been practising with Ferrer is encouraging, and he'll undoubtedly be practising again tomorrow.  Andy is surely an experienced enough player to have adjusted to the faster conditions by the time he and Wawrinka face each other across the net.

Incidentally, another of Andy's possible SF opponents, Tsonga, has gone out - defeated in 3 sets by Kei Nishikori.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05 PM »

I agree Aileen!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 09:20 PM »

The perfect outcome really.
There's nothing bad about an extra days rest & practice coming off a final.
Tomorrow is only in Murrays hands. Not in any way Waw's.
And there is NO way Murray is going to let Stan get the better of him again.
I mean why?
There is no way Jose that Andy will give less than his all tomorrow. Boxing He is aiming for nr 3  first and getting K.O.'d would ruin his chances. He does not want to lose 1000 pts!

cmonandy
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 12:35 AM »

Thanks for the posts. Had to record the matches but no Murray when I checked! So that's why! I think that players should get points as the opponent pulled out. Andy is declared the winner so he gets the points.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49 AM »

Thanks for the posts. Had to record the matches but no Murray when I checked! So that's why! I think that players should get points as the opponent pulled out. Andy is declared the winner so he gets the points.
I think quite a few people wondered what was going on.  I agree with you about the points.  It isn't Andy's fault Tursunov withdrew so why should he forfeit points, especially as, had Tursunov etired after, say, only one game, he would have been said to have earned them.  Crazy.

Incidentally it now transpires that Tursunov cited a right thigh injury as a reason for his withdrawal.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 13, 2011, 01:29 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57 AM »

I agree about the points too! They should get them for any matches they have to miss through no fault of their own! Same goes with pay! Anyone know about that?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 07:00 AM »

Yes, but...theoretically he might not've won...unless you count a withdrawal as an automatic loss, which also seems harsh.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 07:06 AM »

Do they only get paid when they win?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 07:12 AM »

Caz, I don't know for certain, but I think they get paid to enter, at least the top seeds do, then each round they win brings more money. Think that's how it works.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 08:40 AM »

Ah....Thanks BBH!
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50 AM »

Did the commentators say that Tursunov was fit enough to play a doubles match today?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 12:50 PM »

I heard it also, Tursunov did play doubles and lost in 3 sets! I don't think he wanted to face oor Andy! Boxing
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »