Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov

(Read 1654 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 01:18 PM »

I heard it also, Tursunov did play doubles and lost in 3 sets! I don't think he wanted to face oor Andy! Boxing
That's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed! A player who claims he is not fit enough to play one match,be it singles or doubles, should be out of the tournament!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 01:41 PM »

That's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed! A player who claims he is not fit enough to play one match,be it singles or doubles, should be out of the tournament!
Well that threat would certainly sort the men out from the boys but somehow I can't see that rule being brought in.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 02:27 PM »

Neither can I, but it would make people like Tursunov think twice if they'd be letting down a doubles partner too!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 02:29 PM »

How can he claim to be so badly injured to not even start a match and then be good enough to play the next day? Coward!!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 03:31 PM »

Withdrawing from singles one day then playing in the doubles the next day makes a change from pulling out of the doubles and still being fit enough for the singles.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42 PM »

Withdrawing from singles one day then playing in the doubles the next day makes a change from pulling out of the doubles and still being fit enough for the singles.
That shouldn't be allowed either!
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 05:14 PM »

A couple of players have retired in singles and then played doubles an hour later..
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 05:30 PM »

A couple of players have retired in singles and then played doubles an hour later..
Unbelievable!
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 06:09 PM »

I heard it also, Tursunov did play doubles and lost in 3 sets! I don't think he wanted to face oor Andy! Boxing
Not much wrong with him then to recover so quickly. His points should go to Andy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Not much wrong with him then to recover so quickly. His points should go to Andy!
My main gripe is that he apparently kept Andy waiting until an hour after the match was scheduled to be played before informing the organisers of his intention to withdraw.  That was downright inconsiderate and disrespectful  and, if indeed it was the case, I think he should have been given some sort of penalty for his behaviour.  Definitely unfair that Andy gained no points for something that wasn't his fault.

Given the lateness of the hour, I reckon Tursunov simply preferred to return to the comforts of his hotel than facing what would possibly have been yet another defeat by Andy.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 07:27 PM »

My main gripe is that he apparently kept Andy waiting until an hour after the match was scheduled to be played before informing the organisers of his intention to withdraw.  That was downright inconsiderate and disrespectful  and, if indeed it was the case, I think he should have been given some sort of penalty for his behaviour.  Definitely unfair that Andy gained no points for something that wasn't his fault.

Given the lateness of the hour, I reckon Tursunov simply preferred to return to the comforts of his hotel than facing what would possibly have been yet another defeat by Andy.
You've hit the nail on the head Aileen.........He shouldn't get away with it! I suppose you could say, he got off 'Scot free'!  w00t  The rules should be changed!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 07:29 PM »

And Andy wasted his time, as it turns out, watching Rafa's match Whistle
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 08:07 PM »

You've hit the nail on the head Aileen.........He shouldn't get away with it! I suppose you could say, he got off 'Scot free'!  w00t  The rules should be changed!
You were quick witted there Caz...It's the way yer tell'um
 roflmao
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19 PM »

You were quick witted there Caz...It's the way yer tell'um
 roflmao
Och aye!  w00t
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's reputation defeats Tursunov « Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 11:04 AM »

Nice one Caz! lmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »