Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray undergoes back surgery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray undergoes back surgery

(Read 3709 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Murray undergoes back surgery « on: September 19, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Andy Murray has elected to undergo surgery on a long standing back problem. The Scot is likely to be sidelined for the rest of the year and will definitely miss three events in the Asian swing. His participation in the Paris Masters event and the year ending World Tour Finals is also in doubt.

The issue - affecting a disk in his lower back - has troubled Murray for two years, and is especially problematic on hard courts and clay. The same problem forced the Scot to withdraw from Roland Garros this year.

* 201309191234452427858.png (377.43 KB. 560x373 - viewed 30502 times.)

[ Last edit by Mark September 19, 2013, 08:13 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's year ended by back surgery « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Andy's year hasn't officially ended Phil, he might be back for WTF, a slight amendment in headline may be in order. Smile
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: Murray's undergoes back surgery « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57 PM »

I think it's pretty unlikely that we'll see him in London, but I've amended it anyway. The BBC think it's over for the year...
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's undergoes back surgery « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:58 PM »

I think it's pretty unlikely that we'll see him in London, but I've amended it anyway. The BBC think it's over for the year...

Yes I still think it's quite unlikely, but we can never be too sure, surgery recovery can be a guessing game at times.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray's undergoes back surgery « Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:01 PM »

The BBC think it's over for the year...
nah.....BBC means Back Before Christmas.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's undergoes back surgery « Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 08:02 PM »

nah.....BBC means Back Before Christmas.

Or Beating Back Crisis Wink
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Or Beating Back Crisis Wink
That's unusually good for you, Gangsta. lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Going to end the year on sub 6000 points. Asides from Wimbledon (albeit which was the best moment of his career), this has been a forgetful year.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14 PM »

Going to end the year on sub 6000 points. Asides from Wimbledon (albeit which was the best moment of his career), this has been a forgetful year.
roflmao give me strength God. pray
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Eh?? It's a more memorable year in my book, considering the pain and guts he's shown to do as well as he has this year.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Aye, probably going to end up 5th or 6th.  His performances this year are understandable now that we know the extent of the problem. Not bad making the final of the Australian Open, and that magical unbeaten grass court spell.

Next year's going to be fun - 5th or 6th means some epic quarter-final battles...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 08:23 PM »

He,ll end up 4th...max
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Harman saying on twitter those writing off the year already being sensationalists.  Guess we will just have to wait and see the important thing is not points but resolving the back problem he can get points back soon enough if fully fit.  I have tickets for WTF too and want to see him play but would be happy not to if it means he can have a fantastic 2014. 
IP Logged
myren
Junior

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Eh?? It's a more memorable year in my book, considering the pain and guts he's shown to do as well as he has this year.
Share your sentiments scotnadian.

Backs can be tricky.  Hope he takes plenty time to ensure full recovery.  Recovery and health much more important than points or any tournament.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray undergoes back surgery « Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 08:34 PM »

On the one hand, I was disappointed to read about Andy's withdrawal from the Asian swing. On the other hand, the back problem has accompanied too many tournaments already. As the photo shows it goes back to last year's clay court season if not further. In recent events we were not sure whether Andy was troubled by his back. Now the cat is out of the sack, which is good. I wish him all the best.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »