Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray advances despite Harrison challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray advances despite Harrison challenge

(Read 2768 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 12:24 AM »

ITV are covering the French, I believe. God knows what they'll be like - tennis on ITV just sounds extremely wrong. Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend w**king over Federer will be the standard, I suspect. retard
Can't imagine that they will be commentating - think it will be Castle etc commentating or whoever's not on Eurosport as they still have coverage of The French Open.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 12:49 AM »

Look it all comes down to jealousy mostly here.  Most of these guys are former british pros who weren't even 20% of the player Andy is, who frankly are absolute nobodies.  They have a lot to be thankful for as far as Andy goes, without him imagine how dire their tennis jobs would be.

I hope Andy wins and stuffs it right up all those who despise him: the jealous commentators, the anyone but Andy brigade, the naysayers and doubters, the former professionals whose opinions mean nothing.  F**k the lot of them.

I am proud of Andy, not just because we are both Scottish, but because in spite of all all the crap he has to suffer, he refuses to change, to conform into this smiley chatty fake media friendly robot of a human being.  Some people would actually prefer he was polite on court, was PC right down the line, and lost.  I am proud of how hard he works, and he keeps coming back after hard defeats stronger and still up for the challenge with an inner optimism and belief.  Here is someone with talent that deserves to succeed, who works hard for it.  I will cry my eyes out when Andy eventually wins a slam.

So to all these TV nobodies I say, you are entitled to your views; but frankly go f**k yourself!

Love it scotsgeek28! 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Look it all comes down to jealousy mostly here.  Most of these guys are former british pros who weren't even 20% of the player Andy is, who frankly are absolute nobodies.  They have a lot to be thankful for as far as Andy goes, without him imagine how dire their tennis jobs would be.

I hope Andy wins and stuffs it right up all those who despise him: the jealous commentators, the anyone but Andy brigade, the naysayers and doubters, the former professionals whose opinions mean nothing.  F**k the lot of them.

I am proud of Andy, not just because we are both Scottish, but because in spite of all all the crap he has to suffer, he refuses to change, to conform into this smiley chatty fake media friendly robot of a human being.  Some people would actually prefer he was polite on court, was PC right down the line, and lost.  I am proud of how hard he works, and he keeps coming back after hard defeats stronger and still up for the challenge with an inner optimism and belief.  Here is someone with talent that deserves to succeed, who works hard for it.  I will cry my eyes out when Andy eventually wins a slam.

So to all these TV nobodies I say, you are entitled to your views; but frankly go f**k yourself!
Good posting!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 10:31 AM »

Awesome post!!   Super
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 11:10 AM »

Unfortunately I was unable to see the match. Which aspects of AndyM`s game worked and which didn`t?
Aileen, thats excellent news as when he had an emotional outburst his focus wasn`t on his game.
I have to say when I saw the draw I was dissappointed and would rather have seen him in the other half with RNadal, the way RNadal has been playing of late AndyM could take him in 5."

He can still meet him I'm the final. Personally I think it was always best for him to take on Novak in the semis and Nadal in the final given each ones form right now. Nadals draw is laughable so he has a better shot at the final than he probably deserves. Andy has beaten Nadal at the OZ Open before, he can do it again so there's less perhaps a little more for him to be confident about if he actually gets there. As opposed to another Novak final dont see Roger getting past Rafa. Still it's early days.

Mod NoticeFixed broken quote.
[ Last edit by Mark January 18, 2012, 11:12 AM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Look it all comes down to jealousy mostly here.  Most of these guys are former british pros who weren't even 20% of the player Andy is, who frankly are absolute nobodies.  They have a lot to be thankful for as far as Andy goes, without him imagine how dire their tennis jobs would be.

I hope Andy wins and stuffs it right up all those who despise him: the jealous commentators, the anyone but Andy brigade, the naysayers and doubters, the former professionals whose opinions mean nothing.  F**k the lot of them.

I am proud of Andy, not just because we are both Scottish, but because in spite of all all the crap he has to suffer, he refuses to change, to conform into this smiley chatty fake media friendly robot of a human being.  Some people would actually prefer he was polite on court, was PC right down the line, and lost.  I am proud of how hard he works, and he keeps coming back after hard defeats stronger and still up for the challenge with an inner optimism and belief.  Here is someone with talent that deserves to succeed, who works hard for it.  I will cry my eyes out when Andy eventually wins a slam.

Good posting!  I to will cry when Andy wins a slam, and proud of it. yay it could be soon!!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Totally agree with you scotsgeek28, I'm not Scottish but Welsh but he is British as well and I hope  part of the United Kingdom it adds to the flavour of our Island.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Totally agree with you scotsgeek28, I'm not Scottish but Welsh but he is British as well and I hope  part of the United Kingdom it adds to the flavour of our Island.
Good posting!

DEB: I too will cry when he wins his first slam. I have a big soft spot for him as well as beeing a HUGE boost to UK tennis. Now thats worth a billion bucks and what the country needs.
 hug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Your soooo right Lashurst.  hug
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Totally agree with you scotsgeek28, I'm not Scottish but Welsh but he is British as well and I hope  part of the United Kingdom it adds to the flavour of our Island.

Fantastic post Scotsgeek.  clap

You are right Michelle. It will be a great day for UK tennis fans and fans of Andy worldwide.  Let's hope we're all celebrating very, very soon.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30 PM »

There's a part of me that wants to see Andy wear a t-shirt to say: 'I did it my way' with a Scottish flag below the slogan while hoisting the GS trophy up Very Happy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 05:33 PM »

There's a part of me that wants to see Andy wear a t-shirt to say: 'I did it my way' with a Scottish flag below the slogan while hoisting the GS trophy up Very Happy
  roflmao
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41 PM »

I am sorry I get fed up with commentors mostly British always complaining about Andy. They firstly never have got so far has he has and they should be so happy and proud that he has done  and is doing so well.  Come on they should be praising him not finding fault.

He will do well this year , they must stop knocking him all the time. Fortunatley, he has Lendl who will not put with this.

I know him well
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 05:45 PM »

:
I am sorry I get fed up with commentors mostly British always complaining about Andy. They firstly never have got so far has he has and they should be so happy and proud that he has done  and is doing so well.  Come on they should be praising him not finding fault.

He will do well this year , they must stop knocking him all the time. Fortunatley, he has Lendl who will not put with this.

I know him well
Agree I shout at the T.V Annabel croft does my head in , always going on about how fantastic Fed is instead of being behind Andy.  ranting
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray advances despite Harrison challenge « Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 05:52 PM »

: Agree I shout at the T.V Annabel croft does my head in , always going on about how fantastic Fed is instead of being behind Andy.  ranting
exactly.. she knows nothing about tennis.. ranting  ohh she wouldn't like to meet me in a dark alley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »