Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray advances to the semis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray advances to the semis

(Read 4772 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 04:54 PM »

I should prefer that Andy play against Federer. Del Potro is now on a high having beaten Federer twice in a row as is Ferrer

The last semi-final berth from Group B is still open between DP and Ferrer? What does Ferrer require to move to the semi?

IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Federer and Del Potro have both qualified. If Tipsarevic beats Ferrer, Del Potro will win the group and meet Murray in the semi.

The most likely outcome is Tipsarevic is whipped by Ferrer, and Federer wins the group.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 05:05 PM »

The last semi-final berth from Group B is still open between DP and Ferrer? What does Ferrer require to move to the semi?

Ferrer's out.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 06:35 PM »

My daughter has mailed me to say that BBC are now covering the Murray/Fed semi.  Need to check if correct.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 06:46 PM »

I would imagine that it is less to do with the BBC choosing the wrong matches to show and a lot more to do with them being left the scraps that those bastards over at sky are giving them. Interestingly both broadcasters are starting to use the same pundits.

The sports coverage on BBC is rubbish, they only have themselves to blame, Sky's sports coverage is excellent of many sports both the popular and minority sports.  The BBC could spend more money god knows they collect enough it from all of us!!  Although, I think Sky is good, the cost is expensive, by the time you add on all the sports channels including the extra boxing and footy channels, however their tennis coverage is brilliant and I love Peter Fleming's punditry!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18 PM »

My daughter has mailed me to say that BBC are now covering the Murray/Fed semi.  Need to check if correct.

Yes.....BBC2 2pm!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 07:29 PM »

The sports coverage on BBC is rubbish, they only have themselves to blame, Sky's sports coverage is excellent of many sports both the popular and minority sports.  The BBC could spend more money god knows they collect enough it from all of us!!  Although, I think Sky is good, the cost is expensive, by the time you add on all the sports channels including the extra boxing and footy channels, however their tennis coverage is brilliant and I love Peter Fleming's punditry!!
Yes, MM, so do I, I'm glad I can afford Sky, it is the reward for giving up fags about 8 years ago. I would still love a cigarette occasionally - love the smell of the smoke still, but don't regret giving up one bit.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37 PM »

The sports coverage on BBC is rubbish, they only have themselves to blame, Sky's sports coverage is excellent of many sports both the popular and minority sports.  The BBC could spend more money god knows they collect enough it from all of us!!  Although, I think Sky is good, the cost is expensive, by the time you add on all the sports channels including the extra boxing and footy channels, however their tennis coverage is brilliant and I love Peter Fleming's punditry!!
Actually this govt froze the licence fee so the BBC has less money each year and sports charge more each year.  I think they do the best with what they've got, and count myself lucky.  They got most of the best matches from London this week, probably because viewing figures will give ATP a profile Sky can't match.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Actually this govt froze the licence fee so the BBC has less money each year and sports charge more each year.  I think they do the best with what they've got, and count myself lucky.  They got most of the best matches from London this week, probably because viewing figures will give them WTFs a profile Sky can't match.

I live in a house with 1 sports daft hubby and 2 sports daft sons, so basically if I did not like sport I would see no TV!!  I have even converted them all to tennis, which they now appreciate is a physically very tough game, of course they are all Andy fans.  May be a conflict of viewing tomorrow afternoon give the tennis and the PL footy, but I will prevail!!!
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 07:54 PM »

Yes.....BBC2 2pm!

Probably AM v Federer. We don't know for sure.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Probably AM v Federer. We don't know for sure.
If Tipsy beats Ferrar (he won first set) then Andy will play Del Potro so surely nothing will be decided on schedule until this last match is over?
Probably here is a very big word for those (not me, thankfully) relying on BBC coverage.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Now that Tipsy got a set, isn't it definitely Murray playing DP?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Tipsy needs to win the match for Andy to play DP
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Bloody hell these RRs are confusing
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 09:05 PM »

If tipsarevic wins, then Fed and Delpo heads the group with 2 wins each. As Delpo just beat Fed, he goes through as group leader to play Andy next.

If Ferrer wins in 3 sets (tipsy won 1st set) then 3 players head group b with 2 wins each and the position is as followed

Position.  Player.  Set win.  Set loss.     Percentage set win
=====================================
1.            Fed.      5.           2.              71.4%
2.            Delpo.   5.           3.              62.5%
3.            Ferrer.   4.           4.              50%

In this scenario, Fed wins the group and plays Andy next.

I am hoping that Ferrer wins his match so Andy gets to play Fed.  I feel that Andy has found a way to beat Fed recently and will come into the match with more confidence. Andy is more focused when he comes into a match as a lower ranked player (against Fed, Nole or Nadal), and especially against Fed the GOAT lol. This is when Andy plays his best tennis.
[ Last edit by Philip November 10, 2012, 09:10 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »