Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray advances to the semis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray advances to the semis

(Read 4756 times)
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #60 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09 PM »

I am hoping that Ferrer wins his match so Andy gets to play Fed.  I feel that Andy has found a way to beat Fed recently and will come into the match with more confidence.
I agree.  Plus I like Ferrer and have nothing but contempt for Tipsy's 10 sick withdrawal's 2 games before the end of a match.  Karma demands it.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #61 on: November 10, 2012, 09:15 PM »

............  and Andy hasn't played Delpo for a while - that could be tricky.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #62 on: November 10, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Confirmed  AM v Federer in the evening!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #63 on: November 10, 2012, 09:43 PM »

I can't understand their reasoning for that.  Surely it would have been better to show it on the Beeb.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 09:51 PM »

I can't understand their reasoning for that.  Surely it would have been better to show it on the Beeb.
Nothing to do with the Beeb.

They bought the afternoon slots right up to the final which is on BBC3 on Monday night. Choice of who plays when is apparently determined by position in groups and last plays mainly.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #65 on: November 11, 2012, 12:29 AM »

If tipsarevic wins, then Fed and Delpo heads the group with 2 wins each. As Delpo just beat Fed, he goes through as group leader to play Andy next.

If Ferrer wins in 3 sets (tipsy won 1st set) then 3 players head group b with 2 wins each and the position is as followed

Position.  Player.  Set win.  Set loss.     Percentage set win
=====================================
1.            Fed.      5.           2.              71.4%
2.            Delpo.   5.           3.              62.5%
3.            Ferrer.   4.           4.              50%

In this scenario, Fed wins the group and plays Andy next.

I am hoping that Ferrer wins his match so Andy gets to play Fed.  I feel that Andy has found a way to beat Fed recently and will come into the match with more confidence. Andy is more focused when he comes into a match as a lower ranked player (against Fed, Nole or Nadal), and especially against Fed the GOAT lol. This is when Andy plays his best tennis.
Andy certainly must have every belief that he can beat RF yet again. I have a good feeling about this, but the big question is IF he wins will he manage to beat Nole (presuming he beats Delpo)? It's going to be an exciting day whatever happens!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #66 on: November 11, 2012, 04:46 AM »

Andy, you are gonna win this match, so no worries.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #67 on: November 11, 2012, 01:22 PM »

Hi All,

I've made up my mind that I'm not thinking about the final until a second after the umpire says 'game set and match Murray'. I'm focusing on today, and I'm excited for Andy's chances.

I said on the other thread, Andy is very different now compared to the person Federer beat twice in the WTF. He is more aggressive, less passive, dictates play so much more. I think he also has more confidence now after what he has done this year. I think Andy's calmer manner on court enables him to work his way through tricky times better, although I don't think he will ever be 100% immune from moments of frustration. The trick, it seems to me, is that he is using frustration to help him now, not hinder him, at least more often than not.

It feels to me like Andy has Federer's measure, and I think Federer knows it. A Fed fan will look at the Olympics and say that Delpo wore Fed out, so Fed couldn't play his best in the final. That ignores the fact that Fed had a day off after his long match, whilst Andy played Mixed Doubles with Laura. That aside though, what about Shanghai? 6-4 6-4 sounds like a narrow victory for Andy, but, as you all know, it really wasn't. Andy was all over that match that day. I know today is indoors, so the conditions are different. Fed won't have an excuse if things start going away from him for a start. I just think if Andy focuses, and puts pressure on Federer like he did in Shanghai, he will come through.
IP Logged
Trolls

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #68 on: November 11, 2012, 01:35 PM »

I wish Murrays World Webmaster would update current tournament from Paris Masters to WTF. pray
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #69 on: November 11, 2012, 02:38 PM »

I wish Murrays World Webmaster would update current tournament from Paris Masters to WTF. pray

Yeah, I just noticed it today and was surprised it wasn't done before.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #70 on: November 12, 2012, 07:05 PM »

I had the pleasure of watching this match in the 2nd row, sitting behind Roger Rasheed.  What a privilege.  Sitting so close to the service line really brought home to me how fabulous Andy's shots are and how hard he hits the ball now.  I had to go to a meeting the next day but I found my mind wandering back to some of those shots.   Such a shame he couldn't have maintained the level of that first set against smugfed.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray advances to the semis « Reply #71 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00 AM »

Saw match too and Andy was brilliant. His forehand was a thing of beauty absolutely thrilling, as of course was his wonderful backhand. Such a privilege  to be so close to him and to see how breathtakingly amazing his shots are.
You just don't get the same feel from the TV.
BTW Kev in The Guardian rather said it was Andy's brilliance that befuddled JW Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »