Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray advised to take break 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray advised to take break

(Read 993 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray advised to take break « on: October 08, 2005, 03:38 PM »

Source: SportingLife.co.uk
Murray has been advised to take a 10-day break from both practising and playing, if not longer, before returning to try to achieve his final goal for the season - entry into the Masters Series in Madrid after failing to be granted a wild card.

Murray said:
I've played through worse but I didn't think it was worth it to play on as I have some more tournaments to play this year and I don't want to be out for too long.

The physiotherapist said I'll probably be out for 10 days but I don't want to come back too soon and then be out for another 10 days.

I'll have to make sure that it's perfect I come back.

Murray may now be forced to withdraw from the Challenger event in Denmark the following week and return to the full tour event in Basle later in October.

- Full Story (SportingLife.com)
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray advised to take break « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:52 PM »

"I'll have to make sure that it's perfect I come back."

make sure you do matey Very Happy
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Murray advised to take break « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:09 PM »

Forget the Masters in Madrid, it's only 9 days away.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray advised to take break « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 06:45 PM »

If I'm not going completely round the bend (which is really not out of the question) I seem to recall our fellow post person at Murraysworld, Kundalini (think that's how you spell it) said that the Madrid Masters was not an option for Andy as he was committed to playing a Challenger tournament in the same week, and was not permitted to withdraw from one tournament to play in another.  So... yes, forget Madrid Masters.  Frown
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Murray advised to take break « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:41 PM »

If I'm not going completely round the bend (which is really not out of the question) I seem to recall our fellow post person at Murraysworld, Kundalini (think that's how you spell it) said that the Madrid Masters was not an option for Andy as he was committed to playing a Challenger tournament in the same week, and was not permitted to withdraw from one tournament to play in another. So... yes, forget Madrid Masters.

Yes of course there was that reason as well Elly. I was wondering if that just meant direct entry via a wild card and not qualification?

I must dig out the ATP rules sometime. They would be useful to know.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray advised to take break « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 07:49 PM »

Quote from: "David"
I must dig out the ATP rules sometime. They would be useful to know.

Do you have them in a book, or are they available online?
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Hi John « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 08:35 PM »

No sorry, I meant looking for them somewhere online.  I'll have look on the ATP site.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »