Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring  (Read 3228 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08 AM »

£195 sounds reasonable to me.    After all Andy may well turn out to be a brilliant boxer.    The only tiny flaw I can see in the idea is that I once heard Andy say that as much as he loved the sport of boxing he doubted if he could ever hit anyone.    That might be a bit of a drawback in the ring.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43 AM »

According to TalkSport radio's breakfast show, it will be 8 x 3 minute rounds. If Andy can survive being knocked out in the early rounds, which is admittedly unlikely, then he could pinch this in the later rounds.

Could be just what he needs to sharpen up for Wimbledon five days later.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 07:12 AM »

According to TalkSport radio's breakfast show, it will be 8 x 3 minute rounds. If Andy can survive being knocked out in the early rounds, which is admittedly unlikely, then he could pinch this in the later rounds.

Could be just what he needs to sharpen up for Wimbledon five days later.

Yep, heard that.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Excellent decision by Murray.

Why prepare for Wimbledon by solely poncing around Queens Club in the company of Pimms-swilling arseholes?

Why not step into a ring, and let a Yorkshireman batter seven shades of faeces out of you for a charitable cause?

Tennis is a gladiatorial sport, and Murray is showing real foresight and innovation by incorporating this into his regime.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 07:39 AM »

Amusing..but not fooling...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01 AM »

I wish it was an April fools joke, but I've been hearing talk about this for the last fortnight!  shocking
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19 AM »

April-not-fooled. Very funny though, you got me going for a minute there as it fitted in with the photo and his own like of boxing. 
Hilarious!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 09:28 AM »

£195 to watch Andy throw his tennis career down the drain? I'm game.

I was there for the start and I'll be there for the end.
Oh . Thanks Mark, Rolling Eyes it's your cheerfulness that keeps me going in the face of adversity.  w00t
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 09:46 AM »

I wish it was an April fools joke, but I've been hearing talk about this for the last fortnight!  shocking
Nigel starts sowing seeds early Smile
IP Logged
Fluffy
Futures Level

Super mouse

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #39 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15 AM »

Loosen up - it's been posted on 1st April. 

Fool's the lot of you!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 10:20 AM »

I think the perpetrators have made the mistake of "over egging the pudding" in the final paragraph. Besides if this was true where is the actual April Fool? - I fell hook line and sinker last year, I am ashamed to say. This year April 1st and very daft story = no brainer. My first thought on reading it was to check the date.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #41 on: April 01, 2013, 10:29 AM »

Tickets aren't too dear really. I have read that for 1500 quid you get a ringside seat, full hospitality, and a chance to meet the man himself. I actually think the release date is deliberate - creates more speculation and hype- you know,maximum publicity.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 10:56 AM »

I wonder how many media outlets Nigel will hook this time?

Nigel, you should have got permission from B/R ahead of time to post it on there. Would have spread quickly.

Wish I'd thought of an MMA-themed one to post up.
[ Last edit by Clydey April 01, 2013, 11:00 AM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 10:58 AM »

I may have been taken in by this one, actually. However, Murray was specifically asked about boxing in the post-match presser yesterday and said he can't do it because of the risk it poses to his wrists.
IP Logged
JAMES578

Re: Murray and Flintoff to face off in boxing ring « Reply #44 on: April 01, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Know some folk were just playing along, this is obviously an April Fool!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply