Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray appoints Lendl as new coach 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach  (Read 3966 times)
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 04:43 PM »

I'm sure Tim will be wheeled out for BBC's AO coverage alongside Barker and Becker droning about that Andy should be more aggressive playing in slams...
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #61 on: January 01, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Andy was in terrific form at the end of the season until his injury, We shouldn't expect too much too soon with this new appointment, but I think it's beautiful reasoning from Andy. He has taken himself further into the grand slams, I think his all round tennis has improved, 1st serve and forehands and now in his own time, given the great year he had, he's taken a positive step.  Always thinking, always trying, I love that about Andy. 
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #62 on: January 01, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Good news, Nigel!  and Good luck Andy & Lendl!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #63 on: January 01, 2012, 06:30 PM »

Good news, Nigel!  and Good luck Andy & Lendl!

Yeah, this is the most interesting thing to happen in tennis in years. It'll either be a screaming ace or a second serve halfway up the net.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 06:49 PM »

I,m sure Ivan will Lendl hand to Andy winning his first Major.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Yeah, it was a cut-throat era. Mac was at war with Lendl and the establishment, Lendl was at war with his own inner demons, and Connors was simply at war with the world. It's all a bit too nicey-nicey at the mo. And possibly not all that sincere, either.
Think you're right Grabcopy - think there's a lot of respect between the Top4 - maybe too much even (more than the 'old' days certainly)... well apart from Mr Smug who doesn't respect anyone who can beat him and is now just a big embarrassment whenever he opens his mouth - so sad for a great champion to end his career like this. I wasn't as great fan of Lendl in the 80's but now I like him very much indeed!
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #66 on: January 02, 2012, 01:06 AM »

For Murray to persuade Lendl to come back to the tour full-time is a massive coup on Andy's part, and indicative of how strongly Ivan obviously feels about helping Andy.  Its not like he needs the money or attention, and has always been a very single-minded person, so you can be sure his reasons for wanting to join team Andy can only be positive and purely tennis-related.  Andy probably needs to hear some hard truths from someone he respects, whilst having that experienced assured influence in the slams of someone who has had a similar journey and eventually found the success his potential promised.

We can only speculate what impact the swede will have on the technical aspects of his game and tactics, but like others I want to see a more streetwise Andy on court.  He needs to behave like a slam champion every time he steps on the court, rather than running around with a massive chip on his shoulder, as he has done for quite a while.  No moaning at all, more focus, more concentration.  Nothing radical needs to change, but Ivan could be that small difference required to win the first slam which will change everything.

I was already super excited looking forward to the aussie open a tournament I just love, but this adds a whole new dimension.

If I am honest though I think a lot is going to depend on the other guys.  The early evidence from Dubai is that Fed and Nadal are not looking in good shape for Australia at all, and it will be interesting to see what shape Nole's shoulder is really in when it comes down to hard competition.

I cannot see anyone other than Nole or Andy winning the aussie open.  I am just hoping Andy lands on Nadal's half of the draw!

Exciting times ahead.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #67 on: January 02, 2012, 03:41 AM »

To answer an earlier post, Andy did win a doubles match today playing with Bagdatis.  I'm excited for Andy and hope that Lendl gets some of the killer instinct into Andy.  Looking forward to Andy playing again....missed him on the court.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 07:17 AM »

I am afraid Lendl is not Swedish is a Czech and very focus, he will be great for Andy.

New directions and will help him mentally as well.  a VERY TOUGH GUY.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 10:19 AM »

Woah what a news,my dad met him a few times back when he was the best and says he is really down to earth guy. Awesome stuff.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 11:21 AM »

scotsgeek @1.06: that's not my understanding of the situation. I believe Lendl actually approached Andy much earlier in 2011. Andy has obviously been weighing this up, or even approaching other people?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54 AM »

interesting article from Sky Sports  Lendl: I was like Murray

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7406009/
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 12:55 PM »

interesting article from Sky Sports  Lendl: I was like Murray

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7406009/

"To me this is like Groundhog Day, I have been in this movie," Lendl told The Times.

I'm loving every minute of this.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 01:29 PM »

What a quote Very Happy
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 01:35 PM »

its brilliant Very Happy  great quote
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »