Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray appoints Lendl as new coach 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray appoints Lendl as new coach

(Read 4553 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 03:00 PM »

Yes......Great quote Nigel and thanks for the link JK!
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 03:05 PM »

"What excites me about this partnership? More than anything, it is simply that this is absolutely the best match-up.

"Our senses of humour are very similar and we have an understanding that we need to bring our best all the time if we want to achieve.

I love that bit.  I think it is very important to Muzza that he and his team are on the same wavelength.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Yep, equally droll sense of humour, equally misunderstood. They'll get on like a burning house.
[ Last edit by Grabcopy January 02, 2012, 09:54 PM ] IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Murray is only misunderstood because he is misrepresented in the media.  When he wins his first slam this will all change forever.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 02:10 AM »

Woah what a news,my dad met him a few times back when he was the best and says he is really down to earth guy. Awesome stuff.

I met him at the Grasscourt Championships at Edinburgh's Craiglockhart in 1987.  I asked for his autograph and a photo and he was very, very nice.  I don't think they had that tournament again. I think McEnroe is still the defending champion.

I think both Andy and Lendl have a very dry sense of humour.  I'm really excited about 2012.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 03:47 AM »

Happy New Year to all.

I am very pleased with Andy's announcement and am excited that this will turn out really well and bring many trophies this year. A winning combination for sure trophy

I have watched some of Lendl video against Becker and Ivan certainly seemed ruthlessly efficient and lethal, especially those against Sanchez and McEnroe in the chest !!! They were definitely hurt by those bullets. He even laughed it off with Graf afterwards ! What a guy.
Hi Philip! Great to have you back after all these months!  And a belated Happy New Year to you too.

interesting article from Sky Sports  Lendl: I was like Murray

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7406009/
Very encouraging article.  Love it.  There is hope after all. Smile
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #81 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11 AM »

Thanks Aileen for the welcome.  I am greatly encouraged and filled with hope now that Ivan has joined the team. I believe Andy will go from strength to strength this year with Ivan in his corner both technically and mentally.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Murray is only misunderstood because he is misrepresented in the media.  When he wins his first slam this will all change forever.
clap Good posting!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 03:01 PM »

Murray is only misunderstood because he is misrepresented in the media.  When he wins his first slam this will all change forever.

I shouldn't hold your breath even when Andy wins his 1st Slam. The British media will still find something to castigate Andy over.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 05:21 PM »

My acknowledgement is to Michelle for this very encouraging information, which she posted on another thread, since this mean-fisted Scot wasn't willing to pay The Times £2 for the privilege of accessing the article in question!

This is part of an article by Neil Harman in todays Times. This is what Darren Cahill said"Getting a good person alongside like Ivan is crucial. I was there at the first meeting in Miami last month. We sat down for three hours talking about tennis and I thought Ivan was inspiring. The fact that he has never coached before is irrelevant. he understands the sport and the way he used to go about his game was the mark of a professional athlete." He felt that once Andy wins a GS the floodgates will open. Re Andy's team he said "Andy has a great team, a bunch of strong, loyal,intelligent guys who have been like concrete around him over 5 yrs. For all of them it will be a wonderful day when he fulfills his dream. Hopefully, it's not too far away. I'm confident that it's not."

IP Logged
whisper22

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #85 on: January 05, 2012, 07:04 PM »

I have been pleasantly surprised at the positive response in the media and on this forum at the news that my two favourite players of all time are to be working together. They have many similarities in personality, experience and work ethic but I think the key element will be the respect they obviously have for one another.  It's wonderful news and my level of optimism at Andy's prospects in 2012 have soared through the roof!
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #86 on: January 05, 2012, 07:12 PM »

Im really excited about Lendl coaching Andy , its about time he got someone permanent imo
Hoping for good things in 2012
IP Logged
penelopypitstop

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #87 on: January 07, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Lol! I said in my comment re Rafael Nadal he had been deafeated in six finals what i meant to say was Novak D has deafeated him six times in 2011 and this must have given his confidence a big knock (Im new to this site so just finding my way around). confused
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #88 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Lol! I said in my comment re Rafael Nadal he had been deafeated in six finals what i meant to say was Novak D has deafeated him six times in 2011 and this must have given his confidence a big knock (Im new to this site so just finding my way around). confused
welcome Welcome to the mad mad World of Murray Smile Looking forward to your postings!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray appoints Lendl as new coach « Reply #89 on: January 07, 2012, 09:48 PM »

My son caddied for Lendl when he played Carnoustie several years ago - he didn't know anything about him other than he was a famous 'old' tennis player but came home singing his praises saying what a nice down to earth guy he was with a great sense of humour - and he gave him a great tip!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »