Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours

(Read 5199 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #75 on: December 30, 2012, 04:29 AM »

I think people can get a bit caught up in the honours thing, thinking it's political, or archaic, blah, blah, blah.

It appears I am the only person who used the term "archaic," so, therefore, I can only assume your comment is directed towards me.

I cannot honestly say I have been "caught up in the honours thing" because, frankly, this has caused nary a ripple, let alone a splash, on the Canadian/American radar. If not for being an ardent fan of Andy, scant populous would be informed of this honour in our neck of the woods.

Therefore, I will simply reiterate my original comment:

I don't really care about the Queen's honours list, unless Andy does.

Andy is my main focus.  If he is thrilled, I am more than thrilled for him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #76 on: December 30, 2012, 04:46 AM »

It's pretty obvious she's a dedicated Murray hater, and admittedly I only skim-read the article after seeing the marginal quote.  She may not have been particularly insulting to most of the others but I didn't find her attempts at humour all that clever.
I agree.  Just wish I'd never seen it, that's all.  That pic of Andy almost in tears really got me going.

And another of my favourite sayings, what goes around, comes around. We will be discussing Andy's tennis long after this amateur blogger has keyed in her last letter I feel. Maybe that's her problem devil
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #77 on: December 30, 2012, 04:50 AM »

^And Haters Gonna Hate, Aileen & Bev.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #78 on: December 30, 2012, 04:56 AM »

Sure are Linda. Good job we are all not so narrow minded and there's nowt s'queer as folk, my Gran would say. Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #79 on: December 30, 2012, 06:56 AM »

Do you think it will appear on the scoreboards now :P

I would really like that :P
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #80 on: December 30, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Well it had to happen.  I don't know who this stupid Psuedo-Queen ***** is, but she hasn't even got Andy's honour right, and I've left a comment to that effect. Whistle - http://news.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/new-years-honours-the-queen-explains And in case you can't be bothered looking at this, what she says is "Andy Murray has been awarded an MBE for services to acting following his emotional interview after losing at Wimbledon."  Even more disgracefully that comment is the only one quoted in large letters at the side of the article.
I had to read the article and I left a comment of course. Anyone can publish anything on social media and this is an example of just utter rubbish. Not only that, but its horrible. Maybe "Queen" just wants to shock to get a reaction. Which she has achieved, the horrible person.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #81 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03 PM »

I had to read the article and I left a comment of course. Anyone can publish anything on social media and this is an example of just utter rubbish. Not only that, but its horrible. Maybe "Queen" just wants to shock to get a reaction. Which she has achieved, the horrible person.

I didn't read it and don't intend to.     It's just another nobody who wishes she was a somebody and knows she never will be.    It's the only way these people can ever be noticed.    Like **** on one's shoe.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #82 on: December 30, 2012, 01:21 PM »

Clearly this stupid woman hadn't noticed that Andy won 2 olympic medals + USO. 
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #83 on: December 30, 2012, 01:29 PM »

Clearly this stupid woman hadn't noticed that Andy won 2 olympic medals + USO. 
Oh come on people - this is a comedy piece. Surely our senses of humour haven't totally deserted us!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #84 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55 PM »

I agree with Scotnadian. The awards given to all the athletes are MBE,CBE,OBE, all are to do with the British Empire . Britain no longer has an empire and those awards are so so out of date and not in keeping in the time we live in. Yes I am happy that Andy's achievements have been recognised but we need another system in place that is in keeping with the century we live in.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #85 on: December 30, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Oh come on people - this is a comedy piece. Surely our senses of humour haven't totally deserted us!

Changed my mind and read it when told it was a comedy piece and it is mildly amusing.    What makes it interesting is what crawls out of the sewers when Andy's name is mentioned.   I only read a few of the comments but there is something seriously wrong with these people.    No wonder I pray for a good result from the referendum.

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #86 on: December 30, 2012, 03:34 PM »

I concur Iluvandy were do these kind of people come from to make such horrible comments. They are down right nasty. No one is perfect but these comments are vile its a shame because he is the only descent player this country has produced in a long time. What does it say about those people who cannot see what a gem we have in Andy and ridicule him for the slightest reason.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #87 on: December 30, 2012, 04:33 PM »

I concur Iluvandy were do these kind of people come from to make such horrible comments. They are down right nasty. No one is perfect but these comments are vile its a shame because he is the only descent player this country has produced in a long time. What does it say about those people who cannot see what a gem we have in Andy and ridicule him for the slightest reason.
total idiots they are!!! One good thing is he has way more fans to outnumber these morons.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #88 on: December 30, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Who will be Knighted first Henman or Murray?
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Murray awarded OBE in New Year's Honours « Reply #89 on: December 30, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Should it me called Henman Hill or Murray Mount?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »