Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray bashed out in the quarters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray bashed out in the quarters

(Read 2478 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 02:09 PM »

A great match report ! One of the reasons MW is the first port of call for fans looking for the lowdown on our man's progress - or lack of it.

I watched set 1 and most of set 2 before my net connection developed terminal buffering disease, and I had to give up. I then went to use my mobile to use the BBC site to keep up with live score, and - NOTHING ! What's going on at the BBC ? No men's scores on teletext and now this ! I then tried the ATP site, which did feature the score, but after refreshing for about 15 mins, the score seemed stuck at 1-0 Murray in set 3.  So, I popped in to MW and, although I didn't get a live score, the comments left here left me in no doubt how things were going. So, head down and zzzzzzz's time for me !

As for Andy, I can't believe the change in his game after a solid 1st set. From what I saw of set 2, DelPo didn't significantly improve ( he was solid the whole match), but Andy's game seemed to disintegrate. I wonder, if the decision not to play since AO has had the wrong effect - as Andy suggested in his interview.  It's going to be very interesting to see how he shapes up at Miami. The optimist in me says he'll be tuned in, tuned up and ready to go ! cmonandy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 02:13 PM »

A fair report. As to some of the posts which I feel are pathetic, I will be delighted to see Andy rubbing their noses in their remarks  when he does well in Miami and on the clay. Somewhere I saw this written, "Andy keeps losing to lower ranked players", , he only has two players above him so losing to lower ranked players will happen!!
My wish is that Del Po plays as he did yesterday, beats Nole and then goes onto win the title. Be good for him as he has never won  a 1,000 tournament., also it will show how Andy's loss was not a so called disaster.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 02:15 PM »

Anyone got the post match interview?? Please
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 02:19 PM »

On the plus side, a QF is a much better effort than recent years ! Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 02:29 PM »

My wish is that Del Po plays as he did yesterday, beats Nole and then goes onto win the title. Be good for him as he has never won  a 1,000 tournament., also it will show how Andy's loss was not a so called disaster.

I don't have a great deal of time for Delpo, mostly because I don't particularly like his brand of tennis, but I thought he played very well last night and kept his composure after the first set when he could easily have gone AWOL.  I would like to see him beat Djoko too - I don't think for a moment that he will lie down and let Novak walk all over him as Jo-Willy did.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:29 PM »

well.. I didnt see the match, but I was really surprise with the result, Im argentinian, but I support Andy since a couple of years, I hope that took more seriously this matches.. Think
Hi mariano wave  Welcome to Murrays World!

A very good report Nigel.  I wish my memory was as good as yours. Smile

Well Delpo might have been running on Pope Power but I'm not sure what Andy was running on, although whatever it was it clearly got flushed down the loo after the first set.

It was certainly a somewhat bizarre performance from him even if it didn't entirely surprise me because, as has already been mentioned, Andy has still to find his way back to full match fitness.  Delpo, on the other hand, already had several matches and an ATP title under his belt following the AO, and that gave him something to build on.  I truly don't think though that this loss will have a negative impact on him going into Miami given that IW has, apart from 2009 when he reached the final, not been a happy hunting ground for him, yet despite everything at least he managed to reach the QF, whereas in 2011 and 2012 he did play a warm-up tournament but exited ignominiously in his first match. Also Andy is a changed player mentally these days and I'm reasonably optimistic that we'll see better things once he gets back to a place where he feels more comfortable. 

One other thing that did strike me as being positive here was that, although Andy knew he was playing well below form in the 2nd and 3rd sets there was little outward sign of it - no grabbing at parts of his body, undue scowling or glaring at his box, just a rather petulant complaint to the umpire about a security guard whose moving around was distracting him, although that propensity to be easily distracted, particularly when things aren't going well, has long been cause for some concern but one which, like his inconsistency, we his fans might just have to learn to live with as being part and parcel of what Andy is.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 16, 2013, 02:43 PM ] IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 02:30 PM »

Sorry Angie, I don't have the post-match interview. The comments I referred to above are on the net (try BBC tennis) and came , I think, from the press conference.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43 PM »

Here you go, Angie Smile

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 02:56 PM »

^ Oh dear - a lot of fiddling around and twtiching going on, and the contents of his right ear seemed to be of much more interest than the journo's questions. lol   Can't say I blame him though - having to answer the same old questions and to explain why you thought you'd lost a match so soon after coming off court won't be something that players will relish.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 03:06 PM »

^ Oh dear - a lot of fiddling around and twtiching going on, and the contents of his right ear seemed to be of much more interest than the journo's questions. lol   Can't say I blame him though - having to answer the same old questions and to explain why you thought you'd lost a match so soon after coming off court won't be something that players will relish.

Andy doesn't do chirpy does he.    Quite right too.   He's never had a fair crack of the whip from the press and when he loses he knows he'll very likely be pilloried again.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Yeah, I think most sportsmen view these press conferences as a necessary evil. You can't earn the money these guys do without paying your media dues !
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Yeah, I think most sportsmen view these press conferences as a necessary evil. You can't earn the money these guys do without paying your media dues !
It seems that the ATP (and WTA) demand that players do these immediate post-match interviews otherwise they face a fairly hefty fine, which sounds very unfair to me. Fortunately, as Iluvandy says, if Andy isn't feeling comfortable then he doesn't pretend otherwise, and too bad if the media don't like it.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 03:47 PM »

It seems that the ATP (and WTA) demand that players do these immediate post-match interviews otherwise they face a fairly hefty fine, which sounds very unfair to me. Fortunately, as Iluvandy says, if Andy isn't feeling comfortable then he doesn't pretend otherwise, and too bad if the media don't like it.
Yep, I like that about Andy. It does give his detractors ammunition though - not that he cares !
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 03:50 PM »

Here you go, Angie Smile

Thanks ever so much Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray bashed out in the quarters « Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 03:52 PM »

Thanks for the report, Nigel.

Your memory seems intact.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »