Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray bashed out of Paris 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray bashed out of Paris

(Read 5626 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #135 on: November 13, 2011, 04:49 PM »

I just so hope that Andy will be injury free for the O2, and be able to play like he did in Asia, and also has a wee bit of luck on his side for a change.

Also a bit of support wouldn't go amiss.  Watching and hearing the French fans go nuts for Tsonga in his semi-final made me wish Andy could get the same treatment at the O2.  Watching him play Fed last year and hearing the crowd cheering as Muzza lost was just so depressing.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #136 on: November 13, 2011, 05:12 PM »

I know this would sound like sour grapes to a Fed fan but it seems to me very obvious that Federer is given a handicap in every tournament.  Doesn’t it seem he gets the easiest draw, best court, best schedule, etc.   So, I suppose he gets all that as a privilege due to his record, age, popularity, etc.

Andy, on the other hand very often gets the worst of all, due to his youth, being the most interesting player and having the most promise.  That is the way it seems to be and I suppose we all just have to deal with it.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #137 on: November 13, 2011, 06:08 PM »

Me too Chris. pray  just going on the www.atpworldtour.com/ricohatpfansfavourite to vote for Andy.

I have tried but its very difficult to get it to go. Went into my facebook page to try but am still not sure if my vote actually registered! Has anyone succeeded do you get any acknowledgment of vote?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #138 on: November 13, 2011, 06:16 PM »

Also a bit of support wouldn't go amiss.  Watching and hearing the French fans go nuts for Tsonga in his semi-final made me wish Andy could get the same treatment at the O2.  Watching him play Fed last year and hearing the crowd cheering as Muzza lost was just so depressing.

Couldn't agree more TD.  I had forgotten just how bad it was until I watched the re-run of the amazing Andy/Rafa semi from last year and, although there was a support for Andy, it seemed that the Rafa supporters were much more vociferous.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #139 on: November 13, 2011, 06:33 PM »

Me too TD and Alis.    I think that was why Andy was so emotional in the Davis Cup at Braehead.   He was overwhelmed by the level of support.     I was quite emotional just watching it - made me wish I'd been part of it.   
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #140 on: November 13, 2011, 06:42 PM »

I have tried but its very difficult to get it to go. Went into my facebook page to try but am still not sure if my vote actually registered! Has anyone succeeded do you get any acknowledgment of vote?
Oh no Tessie didnt think it would be so hard to do. you vote for Andy then it says log in to face book, it does say thank you for your vote,  then it says send to other face book friends. Hope that helps, just dont wont Fed to win again.!!
[ Last edit by deb November 13, 2011, 07:18 PM ] IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #141 on: November 13, 2011, 06:44 PM »

The stats when Murray plays on a Friday in Paris, either at Roland Garros or in Bercy are not great at all.   2 wins out of 8 now.

2007 lost to Gasquet QF - Bercy
2008 lost to Almagro 3rd round - RG
2008 lost to Nalbandian QF -Bercy
2009 beat Tipsarevic 3rd round - RG
2010 beat Baghdatis 3rd round - RG
2010 lost to Monfils QF - Bercy
2011 lost to Nadal SF - RG
2011 lost to Berdych QF - Bercy
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #142 on: November 13, 2011, 07:38 PM »

The stats when Murray plays on a Friday in Paris, either at Roland Garros or in Bercy are not great at all.   2 wins out of 8 now.

2007 lost to Gasquet QF - Bercy
2008 lost to Almagro 3rd round - RG
2008 lost to Nalbandian QF -Bercy
2009 beat Tipsarevic 3rd round - RG
2010 beat Baghdatis 3rd round - RG
2010 lost to Monfils QF - Bercy
2011 lost to Nadal SF - RG
2011 lost to Berdych QF - Bercy

Wow, what a find! And going by the pattern, then Andy should win the next two.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #143 on: November 13, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Wow, what a find! And going by the pattern, then Andy should win the next two.
I really hope so Allan.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #144 on: November 13, 2011, 07:53 PM »

Oh no Tessie didnt think it would be so hard to do. you vote for Andy then it says log in to face book, it does say thank you for your vote,  then it says send to other face book friends. Hope that helps, just dont wont Fed to win again.!!

It definately didnt acknowledge me so I will try again, cant have the Smughead winning!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #145 on: November 13, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Tried again and its done! Thanks Deb
IP Logged
isabel

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #146 on: November 13, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Me too TD and Alis.    I think that was why Andy was so emotional in the Davis Cup at Braehead.   He was overwhelmed by the level of support.     I was quite emotional just watching it - made me wish I'd been part of it.   
Yes...that is exactly why I love the French Open and their crowds. They are so unabashedly supportive of their players (and I know that many find their overt support unappealing), but it really is amazing to hear the roar of the crowd when their player hits a winner or wins a game. In London, though, it is sad to see that Andy does not get more support than he does (and if he does not get it at a home tournament, then where else is he supposed to get it?). I am glad that Andy got to experience the emotional high of a stadium that fully supports him in Davis Cup at least in Scotland- must be a rare experience for any athlete. Watching those matches when he lost against Fed and Rafa were disheartening itself without the added absence of home support. Hopefully it will be different this time around.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #147 on: November 13, 2011, 08:21 PM »

Yes...that is exactly why I love the French Open and their crowds. They are so unabashedly supportive of their players (and I know that many find their overt support unappealing), but it really is amazing to hear the roar of the crowd when their player hits a winner or wins a game. In London, though, it is sad to see that Andy does not get more support than he does (and if he does not get it at a home tournament, then where else is he supposed to get it?). I am glad that Andy got to experience the emotional high of a stadium that fully supports him in Davis Cup at least in Scotland- must be a rare experience for any athlete. Watching those matches when he lost against Fed and Rafa were disheartening itself without the added absence of home support. Hopefully it will be different this time around.

There has been alot of criticisim about the tie in February being back at the Braehead but to be honest I think they are right (and I live in the south of england) the support is phenominal. Like you I just wish Andy would get that support everywhere he plays in Britain.  Unfortunately we seem to have that knock them culture for alot of our sportsman.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #148 on: November 13, 2011, 09:54 PM »

I love John McEnroe tender Tantrums an' all! Very Happy
Yes....Me too Bev! Very Happy
Me too, me too! One of my top 5 tender
And mine; indeed one of my top 3.  Saw him play in Sydney this time last year and even watching him warm up was a privilege.
Delighted to find so many McEnroe fans on here! Smile  I really liked him too.  He was a great player (still is, of course) and in some ways his tantrums added to his persona rather than detracted from it.  He certainly brought some life into the game.

However, have any of you read his autobiography "Serious"?  If you haven't I suggest you do.  Apart from being very interesting and often wryly humorous, Mac also explains the true and rather sobering reason behind these tantrums.  It seems he was consumed with feelings of extreme anxiety about losing matches, and it was this anxiety that lay behind his outbursts.  In other words they were a safety valve, and this probably explains why, having let off a load of steam at some hapless umpire, he was able to return to the match and resume play without apparently losing any of his focus.

He did eventually learn to bring them under a degree of control and it was for this reason that, about three years ago, he offered to help Andy cope with his own feelings of frustration and anxiety, although I gather that, perhaps unfortunately, the invitation was flatly turned down.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 13, 2011, 11:23 PM ] IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray bashed out of Paris « Reply #149 on: November 13, 2011, 10:05 PM »

There has been alot of criticisim about the tie in February being back at the Braehead but to be honest I think they are right (and I live in the south of england) the support is phenominal. Like you I just wish Andy would get that support everywhere he plays in Britain.  Unfortunately we seem to have that knock them culture for alot of our sportsman.
It is because he is Scottish.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »