Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray battles into quarter-finals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray battles into quarter-finals

(Read 1877 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray battles into quarter-finals « on: October 06, 2005, 08:08 PM »

UPDATE: Andy Murray will take on home favourite Xavier Malisse on center court today not before 19:15 BST. - Live Scores! (updated)

Andy Murray has gone through to the quarter-finals of the Ethias Trophy in Belgian after beating Gregory Carraz of France, 7-5 6-3.

Report from BBC News:
Britain's Andy Murray is through to the third round of the Ethias Trophy in the Belgian town of Mons.

The 18-year-old Scot, seeded seventh for the second tier Challenger event, beat Gregory Carraz of France 7-5 6-3.

Murray is chasing more ranking points following his success at the Thailand Open in Bangkok.

The rising star of British tennis lost in the final to world number one Roger Federer but rose to number 72 in the ATP world rankings.

Andy Murray will take on no2 seed, home favourite, Xavier Malisse of Belgium, on center court not before 19:15 BST.

Related:
- Ethias Trophy: Order of Play
- Ethias Trophy: Main Draw
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Malisse v Murray « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:39 PM »

This will be a tough one. Although Malisse is not the player he used to be, he had a good US Open, but not played since, up until this tournament.

Andy will have to watch out for Malisse's beautiful forehand and will have to extend the rallies, as this is something Malisse dislikes.

Murray in three I think.
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:07 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4317506.stm
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:24 PM »

I think the match very much depends on how well Malisse plays. If he can recaptue the form when he got to the semis of Wimbledon then it might be tough for Andy.  I think it shoud be a close match but i desperately want Andy to get a good start.  The home crowd (if there is any) could give Malisse the extra energy he needs
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:30 AM »

Murray said: "I hope this is the last Challenger I have to play," oh Murray I hope so too buddy!

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1587017,00.html
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

EH! « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:17 AM »

"His 7-5, 6-3 win over Gregory Carraz in this Belgian Challenger tournament required him not only to impose his mettle upon the capable 20-year-old Frenchman but to overcome irritation when, just as the contest was brewing up to its first critical phase at 4-4, the lights went out. "

"The match with Carraz offered Murray a gentle warning: 18 months ago, when the Frenchman was roughly the same age as the 18-year-old Scot, he too was closing in on a top-50 spot only to slip out of the top 100 after parting with his coach."

What's the Guardian reporter been drinking? Carraz is 30 and in the twilight of his career!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Mark « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 08:24 AM »

Murray said: "I hope this is the last Challenger I have to play," oh Murray I hope so too buddy!

Oh Mark - Amen to that...... although didn't someone say that he's committed to another one the week of Madrid Masters?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

David « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 08:30 AM »

Once again the media quick to look on the negative side.  When will they realise that they'll only add fire to Andy's belly.  What they forget is that Andy is not a middle class English mr. nice guy like Henman (and I don't mean that in a nasty way, but it is a fact).  The media and all the stuffed shirts in British tennis with all their negativity will only spur Andy on to greater heights (in my humble opinion that is) Very Happy
IP Logged
dpconker

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 11:42 AM »

I know I'm splitting hairs, but shouldn't it be Xavier Malisse rather than Malisse Xavier?
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 01:34 PM »

That's what I thought.

Hey conker, you're a Leeds lad eh? Which bit? Do you know of a village called Collingham? On the way out towards Wetherby? I lived through my "youth" (I'm only 24!) but now I'm down in London.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 02:48 PM »

Quote from: "dpconker"
I know I'm splitting hairs, but shouldn't it be Xavier Malisse rather than Malisse Xavier?

hah, welldone for noticing, yeah, I was looking at his ATP profile before posting and they display the name like that, must of stuck in my head Smile

P.S. you could of just corrected it yourself!
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 05:35 PM »

Mark, the live scores site seems to have moved temporarily. Here's the new link:

http://www.cornelia-k.com/challengerbergen/
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 05:39 PM »

But now the old one seems to be working. Oh well, it can serve as a backup!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 05:42 PM »

Quote from: "alansk"
Mark, the live scores site seems to have moved temporarily. Here's the new link:

http://www.cornelia-k.com/challengerbergen/

Your a star Alan
Thanks so much  Very Happy
IP Logged
Axl Rose

Murray battles into quarter-finals « Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 05:47 PM »

i reckon it will be Murray victory, he is on a roll
Malisse is not the greatest player so it will be 2 set victory for murray
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »