Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray battles into round two 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray battles into round two

(Read 3006 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 02:40 PM »

Well, well, well - Bouncy an Andy fan after all this time - good for him!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 03:59 PM »

I missed the match but saw a bit of ...the highlights and Andy looked kind of sloppy.
On the whole, a comfortable win.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 04:31 PM »

I think Castle was really won round to Andy this summer on the grass.  I just caught the end of the highlights show and he kept talking about the manner in which Andy beat smugfed with something approaching awe.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Andy was definitley very lethargic yesterday,just had a look at the weather ,on court the humidity is 75%,it isn't  really all that hot but the hunidity is what hurts.yesterday he came from a very air conditioned building to probably feeling like he had been wrapped in a hot wet blanket.It sucks the energy from you I hope he gets acclimated quickly.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 04:54 PM »

...and I guess the delay due to the torrential downpour just before he was originally scheduled to come out, may have thrown his nutrition/hydration preparation. Here's hoping it's something he can get sorted.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 04:59 PM »

...and I guess the delay due to the torrential downpour just before he was originally scheduled to come out, may have thrown his nutrition/hydration preparation. Here's hoping it's something he can get sorted.
yes indeed,I can remember when he played and was overly hydrated ,it made him sick to his stomache and he threw up with tummy pains they have to be so very careful.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 05:04 PM »

I have just watched the match and was interested in the % won on his serves rather the % in.  These  percentages were pretty high.  He seemed to win the points on his fantastic shot making which Lendl always mentions when he talks about him.

I have seen  him started tournaments worse than this.  In his interview he said that he must have played some good point s as he won in 3 sets.  Sounded very Lendl like to me, which I think is how the confidence has improved so much.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 05:09 PM »

The post match interview is on the Yahoo British Eurosport website.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 06:32 PM »

thanks for that tip tamila but can only find the press conference interview not the on-court one - is that there too?.  Another point re the humidity: he has missed his acclimatisation time in Miami this year
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I think Castle was really won round to Andy this summer on the grass.  I just caught the end of the highlights show and he kept talking about the manner in which Andy beat smugfed with something approaching awe.

He did indeed. Don't get me wrong, Castle isn't one of my favourites, a bit smarmy for my taste at times, but I think he saw what Andy did at the Olympics (and Wimbledon) and he respects it. I also think he was right in not blowing yesterday out of proportion, emphasising it was a good performance overall and Andy got through. Fair comment I would have thought at this point.

As for the humidity, I've seen a comment on the net where someone was saying that usually the rain takes the humidity away, but yesterday after the heavy rain over Flushing Meadows, the humidity was actually worse. That can happen. It's horrible. Personally I hate humidity. I'd hate to have to play tennis in it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 08:29 PM »

thanks for that tip tamila but can only find the press conference interview not the on-court one - is that there too?.  Another point re the humidity: he has missed his acclimatisation time in Miami this year
Ruthie.. I have it on my PVR. I'll watch it again and transcribe it for you.

And that's a good point about Miami.
Heat is one thing to deal with, but humidity is a whole other issue. We often have air quality alerts here and are advised to stay indoors if anyone has breathing issues. I've only been to NYC in Spring and Winter, but no doubt it would be hard to breathe there right now. Humidity and air quality affects everyone, fit or not.
When it rains here and the sun and heat comes, it's crazily humid! And it happens very quickly. Thats likely what happened yesterday.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 08:45 PM »

I do not see why people are slating Muzz for his performance. Muzz got better stats than Fed. LOL.   Do the math.   Of course whenever Feds struggles in a routine.  This is what you get  Oh so wonderful. Just magical. I want you. Just showing your made of champion material.    Then. Andys match are just like. Poor. Mug. Classless.  Blah blah. And all that ****.  You already know how the media works anyway.  I will be very surprised by
 media and journos   If they aren't up inside Feds arse by the end of the week
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 09:07 PM »

One thing Andy mentioned was not only the humidity was an issue, the wind made things tricky. I was playing in a match today in 30mph+ wind and it wasn't enjoyable, I made sure that l served a lot of kick serves for both my serves to get the ball in but the problem was the ball was all over the place making it tricky to set up before hitting the ball.

Andy got through safely in straights. Let's hope for the same against Dodig who is a dangerous opponent.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13 PM »

I do not see why people are slating Muzz for his performance. Muzz got better stats than Fed. LOL.   Do the math.   Of course whenever Feds struggles in a routine.  This is what you get  Oh so wonderful. Just magical. I want you. Just showing your made of champion material.    Then. Andys match are just like. Poor. Mug. Classless.  Blah blah. And all that sh*t.  You already know how the media works anyway.  I will be very surprised by
 media and journos   If they aren't up inside Feds arse by the end of the week

I agree JK - I get so cross at the double standards.  Andy 'struggled' while Fed 'sparkled' - but then they are all Fed worshippers at heart and Andy can't do right for doing wrong!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18 PM »

He did indeed. Don't get me wrong, Castle isn't one of my favourites, a bit smarmy for my taste at times, but I think he saw what Andy did at the Olympics (and Wimbledon) and he respects it. I also think he was right in not blowing yesterday out of proportion, emphasising it was a good performance overall and Andy got through. Fair comment I would have thought at this point.

As for the humidity, I've seen a comment on the net where someone was saying that usually the rain takes the humidity away, but yesterday after the heavy rain over Flushing Meadows, the humidity was actually worse. That can happen. It's horrible. Personally I hate humidity. I'd hate to have to play tennis in it.
Humidity in this country does me in too - and rain does sometimes make it even worse - so I can only imagine what it must be like in the US.

Re Andy's poor serving, I can't help but wonder if playing on hard courts is reactivating the back issue he had earlier this year.  He said he hoped the injections he had would see him through until the USO but could it be that the effects are wearing off?  Just because we've never heard about it for months doesn't mean that the core problem has gone away, and Andy has played a lot of tennis recently - in the Olympics alone he also played one doubles and four mixed in addition to his singles.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »