Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray battles into round two 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray battles into round two

(Read 3182 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #60 on: August 29, 2012, 02:50 PM »

I tried searching for the interview, but couldn't find it. Sorry.
I guess I could try recording my TV screen, but Mark says this site can't take recordings direct, only photos. The only way I could do it would be to put it on You-Tube then I could post it here. I've never done that before, and also a little leery of putting anything out there in the big bad internet.  Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #61 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Oh but thanks for trying.  You'd have thought someone might have put it on you-tube by now.  Quite understand if too difficult but it might be in Andy's interests to have such a positive interview on the big bad internet?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #62 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40 PM »

I tried to find it too but with no luck I'm afraid.  Maybe it will appear eventually - I hope so!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #63 on: August 29, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Bloody Croft and Greg R - talking as if Andy had spent half the match throwing his raquet around as opposed to once and as if he'd gone back to his old ways when he managed to contain his frustration with all his errors pretty well I thought.  It doesn't take them long to go back into negative mode when talking about our Andy  hammer
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Ruthie  don't mind they  absolute tools.   They talk so much rubbish.  I Always mute them. I will be very surprised if these two aren't half way up Fed's arse by the end of the week tbh.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Bloody Croft and Greg R - talking as if Andy had spent half the match throwing his raquet around as opposed to once and as if he'd gone back to his old ways when he managed to contain his frustration with all his errors pretty well I thought.  It doesn't take them long to go back into negative mode when talking about our Andy  hammer

Don't let them get to you, Ruthie, they're idiots!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Yes I think the fidgetting and the response to being doorstopped are both reflections of his fundamental lack of ease in dealing with the media - and I love him for it.
Yet all the fidgeting, lack of eye contact, etc, has sometimes caused Andy to be described as "shifty".  As somebody who used to be shy and lacking in self-confidence, I can totally relate to how he's feeling, so it's gratifying to see how much better he is at coping with the media now - but at least Andy will always be true to himself.  No airs and graces here.  And what a damn stupid question about Harry and the 'crown jewels' - no wonder Andy said recently there was nothing amusing about journalists!

But nothing is more boring to me than watching an emotionless player over hours. There are plenty of examples. One is even able to do magic on the court: he can rule over win and loss and is still boring. To me, at least.
Now I wonder who that was ...?  White cardigans and gold monograms spring to mind. lol  I never used to find him boring to watch because I loved his graceful style of tennis.  Unfortunately even that has begun to pall over the last year or so but that will never be admitted by himself and his idolising fans.  The one player who did bore me with his constantly expressionless face was Bjorn "Ice Cold" Borg - but he ultimately paid the penalty for suppressing his emotions and retired at only 26.

For sheer emotion and excitement bring back the likes of McEnroe, Connors and Ivanisevic.  They may have been bad boys at times but at least they livened the game up as well as playing highly entertaining tennis.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 06:52 AM »

Murray Explodes into round 3. yay
Put that in your pipe you poxy Federer loving commentators naughty
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #68 on: August 31, 2012, 04:03 AM »

Murray Explodes into round 3. yay
Put that in your pipe you poxy Federer loving commentators naughty
Oh there was plenty of Fed loving going on on Eurosport tonight during and after the Bjorn Phau match.  One of the comms just kept droning on and on and on about how wonderful a player he is, how is aura as world No.1 had returned, etc, etc.  Pure puke!  Unfortunately though Fed does seem to be on ominously good form right now. Frown
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #69 on: August 31, 2012, 04:38 AM »

Phau, who hit a career high of 59 in 2006.  Andy still won his match in less games Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #70 on: August 31, 2012, 05:57 AM »

... Yet the ATP notifications sent to me said "Federer Races Into Third Round", whilst Andy was merely"Murray First Man In Third Round."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #71 on: August 31, 2012, 09:17 AM »

... Yet the ATP notifications sent to me said "Federer Races Into Third Round", whilst Andy was merely"Murray First Man In Third Round."
And I can't believe that Fed's match was quicker than Andy's?
On Sky the wretched Greg R managed to name check smugfed in context of talking about Kim C, likening her to him as genuinely nice people  vomit
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #72 on: August 31, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Wish Canada would take Greg back but I don't suppose they want him Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #73 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Hi All,

I never used to mind Greg R when he was playing, even when he had a temper tantrum on Centre Court at Wimbledon one year and the comms had to apologise for his loud use of the f-word to the umpire very early in the evening - of course he conveniently forgets that when he is talking about Andy's behaviour. However, now I just find Greg R smarmy, and frankly a little bit thick. If he replies to one more comment with the words 'and the other thing is.....' I swear I will throw something at the TV. I'm fed up with his annoying nasal voice as well. Didn't he lose his voice in the US last year? I seem to remember that.

As for Fed, ah well, they all think he walks on water. Truth is he hasn't been tested yet. Up to a point Andy has, and he came through well. I still feel that come that semi final, assuming they both get there, we will see Andy's new confidence in full flight. I hope Andy indulges in one or two teensy mind games as well. Not something nasty like Federer, but something clever. For me Andy's master stroke of the Olympics before the final was to say that he thought things were more equal between him and Federer because winning the gold in singles was the one thing Federer hadn't done. It was subtle, but I bet it got in to Federer's head. Andy is aware enough to come up with that one on his own, but it did have something of Lendl about it.

The one thing I did get annoyed about was when Marcus and Croft were talking to Laura Robson the other night. Croft remarked about the way Laura didn't look up at her box. Laura explained why, which was fine, but call me paranoid, I was waiting for Croft to have a pop at Andy's tendency to look up. I just don't understand why they don't get that all the players are different. Nadal does his obsessions and fiddling with his water bottles, shorts etc, Fed fiddles with his hair like a little girl, and Andy looks up to his supporters. What does it matter? The key for Andy is that when he looks up now he doesn't use a lot of energy berating himself in the direction of the box. He looks up at times when he is playing well now, as if to say 'look what I did, did you get that?', which I think is positive.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles into round two « Reply #74 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Good posting teejay.   Could there be a worse combination than Croft and Rusedski?  The only redeeming feature as far as Greg is concerned is that I believe he captains the Junior Davis Cup team and has given a lot of time to the young players.  I wish he would stick to that and give up on the commentating though - I have to press the mute button when those two are on screen!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »