Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray battles past feisty Berankis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray battles past feisty Berankis

(Read 2202 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Does anybody know if Bev got tickets to the match?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Just watching the match now who are these comms they are talking so much rubbish. Why would Judy want or have time to manage a pub and restaurant.  And Andy always gets easy draws in slams????
[ Last edit by Tessie January 19, 2013, 08:19 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 06:13 PM »

When I watched during the night I was watching Eurosport and they said the same thing that for the past few slams Andy has had favourable draws!!!  Are they having a laugh or are they just not very good at punditry!!

Anyway thought Andy did what he had to do and got through in straight sets. Read an  article online (Evening Standard) in which Andy said he had a stiff shoulder which was bothering him in practice and during the first set but loosened off after that.  Would not want Andy demolishing all put in front of him during the early rounds as it ramps us expectation, let's leave the demolition job for the QF, SF and F hopefully!!! 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 06:14 PM »

tessie i watched it live & it was painful to listen too Frown them 2 boring buffoons should have been put out to pasture long ago. give me petchey or even castle & henman anyday at least they all know andy well & know what they are talking about.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16 PM »

The combs on Eurosport this morning were Simon Reed and Frew McMillan - enough said!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 06:17 PM »

"combs". Should read comms!! 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 06:24 PM »

The combs on Eurosport this morning were Simon Reed and Frew McMillan - enough said!!

How old are they? Sound about 101
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 06:31 PM »

"combs". Should read comms!! 

Oh I don't know, I think you were right the first time......

To be fair, Frew can be all right, but he is as boring as all hell to listen to, and Reed is so far up himself he's almost inside out. Can't stand him!

I miss Petch and Fleming, but would cope with Castle and Henman or even Lloyd if Andy gets to the final, which is why I have decided that if he does get there I will watch on BBC.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:35 PM »

When I watched during the night I was watching Eurosport and they said the same thing that for the past few slams Andy has had favourable draws!!!  Are they having a laugh or are they just not very good at punditry!!

Anyway thought Andy did what he had to do and got through in straight sets. Read an  article online (Evening Standard) in which Andy said he had a stiff shoulder which was bothering him in practice and during the first set but loosened off after that.  Would not want Andy demolishing all put in front of him during the early rounds as it ramps us expectation, let's leave the demolition job for the QF, SF and F hopefully!!! 

They are clearly taking the wee-wee. Andy's draw for Wimbledon was horrible, just horrible! He had a few tough draws last year, and not just in the slams. They'll be telling us that Saint Fed Of The Enlarged Ego has had it tough next.

I saw Andy reaching for his shoulder at the end of the match, I did wonder if he was a bit sore. I won't worry though, he's got some time to sort it out.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Even though i got eurosport I will be watching on BBC semis & final if here's hoping he makes them both  pray
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:57 PM »

I think you'll find bbc aren't showing until the actual finals w/e angie though perhaps they'll change their mind if Andy is in SFs.  Ubelievable really.
Glad others have also picked up on the ridiculous comment that Andy gets easy draws in GSs. It's true that they sometimes open up for him unexpectedly like this time but I don't recall them going on about the easy peasy draws smugfed usually gets - with this one the exception that proves the rule.  Hope Raonic gives him the runaround alright.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Just watching the match now who are these commas they are talking so much rubbish. Why would Judy want or have time to manage a pub and restaurant.  And Andy always gets easy draws in slams????
Agree totally....Cromlix house a pub and restaurant ....yeah right.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 07:33 PM »

How the hell is she going to do that. She has enough on her hands as it is looking after the womens team. Sometime I think people just make it up as they go along.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Loved andys post match interview. So relaxed and smiley. He seems to get on well with Courier taking the mickey back. It's just so nice to see Andy smile !
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray battles past feisty Berankis « Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 11:12 PM »

I've not long finished watching the whole match now rather than lots of bits, and I have to say that the commentary made me intensely angry.

The comment about the hotel was a cheap dig at Judy and a sly way of implying that Andy is some sort of Mummy's boy.

To compare Andy's serve with anyone on the WTA is ridiculous, even if it was Serena ruddy Williams. For goodness sake, he mistimed one first serve, it looked like the wind caught it and it slowed right down. It was hardly the end of the world.

I was fuming over the way they went on about Andy's shirt, as if it being tight was an issue, when it was patently obvious it was his SHOULDER that he was touching, which leads me nicely to the dig about Andy touching body parts when he is struggling, which is now happening less and less. Seriously, do these fools actually watch Andy play just to criticise and poke fun? From the way they talked about Lendl you'd think he was about to give Andy lines, detention and the cane, which I doubt very much.

Oh, and don't get me started on the implication that Andy was in danger of losing the match. That is just plain stupid. Berankis had chances, fair enough, and played much better than his ranking suggests - qualifiers often do - but Andy was never about to lose. The most he might have done if he hadn't lifted when he needed to was drop a set or play a tie-break. Big deal.

Looking at the match, I don't think Andy's best is so very far away. He had long patches where he was stunning. He does need to get his timing back, his second serve has been iffy at times, and arguably his backhand down the line was AWOL, but the fact that he did play so well in patches suggests the best is there or thereabouts and yet to come. The fact that he got the job done when not playing his very best just speaks for his talent, experience and mental strength, one area the dopey commentators can no longer fault.

I tell you, this match was my idea of commentary hell. Frew McMillan in picky mode, Simon Reed crawling up his own backside and then Chris Bradman to finish, who just needs someone to give him a good left hook right on the nose, the arrogant, sanctimonious git.

I really miss Petch!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »