Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock

(Read 3385 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Thanks for the report Andrew. Super quick too. Cant go to bed without reading the report and checking some newspapers!
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15 AM »

This match has just gone level with the 08 Gasquet one as my all time favorite.

However the passing shots will have to be worked on over the next day or so because most of the break points were lost because of missed passing shots.  Very worrying as he missed quite a lot in the Karlovic match as well.

When he needed to he pulled off some brilliant tennis to rescue the 3rd set and get out a huge hole to be able to finish the match at 11pm and that is what we will remember about this match.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:18 AM »

Probably expected. Can't remember a year at Wimbledon when one player had CC for all of their matches.
So Djokovic will be on Court 1 for his quarter final assuming he beats Troicki?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20 AM »

No, probably not, which is galling. He's been on Centre Court for all his matches so far, hasn't he?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27 AM »

No, probably not, which is galling. He's been on Centre Court for all his matches so far, hasn't he?
Aye, and two of them have been under the roof as well.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19 AM »

I think Merton Council that cover SW19 were feeling the heat.  They tweeted this message to Wimbledon + all the British newspapers and news stations including Sky, ITV and the BBC.

“Great win for Murray.  We will always be flexible and take common sense approach.  We pre-arranged with AELTC that they would use their discretion”.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:49 AM »

This was a well deserved win. Hopefully **** makes it to the next weekend when I will be in London.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 02:33 AM »

Good job, Andy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29 AM »

Very good report Andrew.  Thanks.

My shattered nervous system is still recovering.  I think this match was the roller-coaster to end all roller-coasters and it certainly wasn't helped by the players having to play "Beat the Clock" as well as each other.  Not fair on them either.  They're under enough pressure as it is.  But Andy won, and that's the important thing.  Just hope his knee injury isn't a concern for the Cilic match.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 05:00 AM »

Probably expected. Can't remember a year at Wimbledon when one player had CC for all of their matches.

When's Nole getting his turn then?  He'll be through to Wednesday's match for sure Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19 AM »

Andy went from average to piss poor to blooming brilliant. thumb up
A typical Andy roller coaster then. Eyebrow raise.
V.good report, cheers clap
 yay yay yay yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 06:46 AM »

So much for Murray's golden chance at making the final.....LOL. About to lose to a washed up tubby Cypriot

Anyone have any objections if I do this to this loose lipped creep?

f*** you! f*** you! f*** you!  And don't come back again! ban

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:04 AM »

Anyone have any objections if I do this to this loose lipped creep?

f*** you! f*** you! f*** you!  And don't come back again! ban

It's pathetic how Fuzzballs stopped posting and disappeared when Andy started to get it together.  
The cheek of him too calling Marcos a tubby washed up Cypriot!. The performance he put on last night showed he was anything but that!
Still Bev, we shouldn't be too hard on the mentally retarded members of the Forum, he is to be pitied. Guy with axe

[ Last edit by lashurst July 01, 2012, 10:40 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 08:33 AM »

I can't understand the mentality of people who spend their lives being thoroughly nasty. Or is it just on the net they do it? In real life they would get a real punch on the nose Boxing
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 09:01 AM »

What an excellent match from Andy. i live in Cyprus and Marcos is a great guy. He played well. I admire Andy showing pure grit and determination to win.

The problem will arise how bad our the injuries his team will have to pull out all the
stops to get him right for Monday.

That will be an interesting match as Cilic went to 5 sets and to 17-15 he will be very weary, mentally and physically. Andy will have to get going from the start.  Good Luck Andy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »