Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock

(Read 3599 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 09:13 AM »

Murray invited a few of us into the physio room at midnight to speak to him mid-massage. "Yeah.. URGH.. I'm.. ARGHH.. Delighted" he said.

Tough conditions, I was really struggling. I struck the ball a bit better under the roof & served better."
"When I got up at 4-1 I tried not to sit down. I don't know what the rules are, maybe the first time that's happened here."
My knee was a little bit sore. I took a tumble towards the end of the 2nd set. It was a little bit stiff

"I struggled quite a bit with my footing early on. I changed my shoes at the change and that helped."

It was annoying, it lost me two points. I'm blaming the shorts, it wasn't my fault." (On his double wardrobe malfunction.) lol

As a player you're always conscious about what's going on around you in the draw 
well Said Andy.  Another great interview Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 09:31 AM »

It's pathetic how Fuzzballs stopped posting and disappeared when Andy started to get it together. 
The cheek of him too calling Marcos a tubby washed up Cypriot!. The performance he put on last night showed he was anything but that!
Still Bev, we shouldn't be too hard on the mentally retarded members of the Forum, he is to be pitted. Guy with axe

lmao .....and you're doing a great job of 'pitting' him here Lashurst!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 09:33 AM »

I can't understand the mentality of people who spend their lives being thoroughly nasty. Or is it just on the net they do it? In real life they would get a real punch on the nose Boxing
You're right BBH! He's probably just a 'snivelling wimp' at home. Perhaps we should all call him 'NOBALLS' from now on!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35 AM »

Oh.....Thanks for the great report Sir Panda!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Great report. Thought Andy came through well, he won even though he wasn't playing his best. You need to get through one of these games in a tournament, so that is behind him now, feel he will play better against Cilic. Did anyone else find Mark B one of the comms infuriating, I just hate his snide remarks re Andy throughout the match. I just wish he would go and lock himself in a cupboard and not come out of it for the rest of the tournament.
IP Logged
Adrian

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Well done Andy, Andy found a way to win without playing his best tennis. I have a feeling Andy will play to a much higher standard against Cilic on monday and that his level of play will increase dramatically from now on. He has weathered the storm so far in the tournament, and this should hold him in good stead, just hope his knee does not become a physical issue ?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:45 AM »

I've got Murraymania; the symptoms include snarling, falling over and uncontrollable balls.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 10:47 AM »

confused Can somebody tell me why Wimbledon only starts at 1pm and not 11 am like other tournaments? I mean, wouldnt it make sense, since Majors are 5 setters and at Wimbledon last set there's no time break, hence Cilic 17 -15?
Add to that the the UKs infamous wet and unpredictable weather, puzzling planing decision.

Whats the sense in this?  Is it just some old SW19 tradition that the old guys in the board room cling to, or what?
 doh
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49 AM »

I've got Murraymania; the symptoms include snarling, falling over and uncontrollable balls.
Only the latter is dangerous, I fear John  roflmao
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49 AM »

Well done Andy on a fantastic, thrilling match. Did not play well at the beginning but later played a blinder! This watching the clock was so tense, I was in a right state, but so happy with the result. Entertaining or what!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51 AM »

I still cant understand Andy.
How can he play like he did for 3 sets and in the 4th, win 6-1 in 29 mins?

Answers in writing please!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55 AM »

Nerves.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55 AM »

Murray's 2nd serve is the best at Wimby so far  lol

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/extrastats/s_srv_pts_won_ms.html
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56 AM »

That's when Mr.Magic managed to break out of the room in Andy's head, he'd been locked up in!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Great report. Thought Andy came through well, he won even though he wasn't playing his best. You need to get through one of these games in a tournament, so that is behind him now, feel he will play better against Cilic. Did anyone else find Mark B one of the comms infuriating, I just hate his snide remarks re Andy throughout the match. I just wish he would go and lock himself in a cupboard and not come out of it for the rest of the tournament.

I found that Chris B, can't remember his surname, and who cares. He was realy bugging me he was dishing out snide remarks for the whole match against Andy. I hate watching Wimbledon for this reason, the comms. Will enjoy the next tounament better.

Also did anyone notice Miles signaling to Baggy 1 set, c'mon. Never seen him do that when he was coaching Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »