Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock

(Read 4239 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Anyone have any objections if I do this to this loose lipped creep?

f*** you! f*** you! f*** you!  And don't come back again! ban

I wouldn't bother, don't give em the satisfaction - all part of the tapestry - long may they continue to get egg on their faces.  argue
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19 AM »

It seems like some celebs like Andy

Olly Murs: Well done ANDY MURRAY!!! And Well Done to WIMBLEDON Officials for not being kill-joys and stopping game!! Awesome!!

Peter Jones: I've heard of speed networking but @andy_murray has just invented speed tennis at Wimbledon. Incredible match

Rio Ferdinand : The pressure on @andy_murray to WIN is through the roof! Good luck fella! Gotta win this now Nadals out though hahahaha!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 11:34 AM »

I wouldn't bother, don't give em the satisfaction - all part of the tapestry - long may they continue to get egg on their faces.  argue

Very Happy  I just felt the need to do it and lack of sleep got the better of me.  I did feel a bit of satisfaction in doing it though. 

It seems like some celebs like Andy

Olly Murs: Well done ANDY MURRAY!!! And Well Done to WIMBLEDON Officials for not being kill-joys and stopping game!! Awesome!!

Peter Jones: I've heard of speed networking but @andy_murray has just invented speed tennis at Wimbledon. Incredible match

Rio Ferdinand : The pressure on @andy_murray to WIN is through the roof! Good luck fella! Gotta win this now Nadals out though hahahaha!

Billy Connolly loves him!  Saw his show in NZ and it was one of the first things he spoke about.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Probably expected. Can't remember a year at Wimbledon when one player had CC for all of their matches.

Just hope he gets centre on wed if he gets past cilic.  Will be gutted not to see him
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 11:43 AM »

confused Can somebody tell me why Wimbledon only starts at 1pm and not 11 am like other tournaments? I mean, wouldnt it make sense, since Majors are 5 setters and at Wimbledon last set there's no time break, hence Cilic 17 -15?
Add to that the the UKs infamous wet and unpredictable weather, puzzling planing decision.

Whats the sense in this?  Is it just some old SW19 tradition that the old guys in the board room cling to, or what?
 doh

It's so the toffs and corporates can get lunch and not miss any tennis it's about time it was changed.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Murray's 2nd serve is the best at Wimby so far  lol

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/extrastats/s_srv_pts_won_ms.html
Interersting. Thanks for sharing.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44 PM »

What a match.   I suspect Andy's rhythm had been messed up by playing the giant so hopefully the tennis he played last night will have restored it for the match against Cilic.  I think Andy showed such guts in the end but grief was I nervous wreck by the end.  And what a lucid interview he gave to the dreadful Gary Richardson minutes after finishing. Oh and that awful Chris Bradham (I think his surname) is a refugee from Euroshit.  
I wish I could slip Andy or Mr L a bottle of rescue remedy when I'm there 2morrow to help settle those nerves, which he's very honest about I have to say. Can't wait to see him tomorrow as my friend has seats for court 1 [far back though] though worried about the weather and my ability to cope with such a match in public!

oh and jk thanks for the 2nd serve points stats - who'd have thunk it given 2nd serve always been the main Achilles heel  w00t
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08 PM »

What a match I was nearly in tears and was getting so upset. Andy had us on the roller coaster again and I was frightened he was going to get injured the court was very slippery. But I should have had more confidence in Andy. The last two sets is were he showed his talent and courage. Well done Andy you had the skill to get through a tough match.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Interersting. Thanks for sharing.

Imagine these statistics will be influenced by playing Ivo Karlovic, who is one of the worst returners on tour.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 02:01 PM »

What an excellent match from Andy. i live in Cyprus and Marcos is a great guy. He played well. I admire Andy showing pure grit and determination to win.

The problem will arise how bad our the injuries his team will have to pull out all the
stops to get him right for Monday.

That will be an interesting match as Cilic went to 5 sets and to 17-15 he will be very weary, mentally and physically. Andy will have to get going from the start.  Good Luck Andy
I hope the Cypriots treat Marcos better than the British treat Andy! Yes Marcos is one of my favourite players and, now that I've recovered my wits, I can say that I thought he turned in an impressive performance last night.  I also admire Andy for conquering his nerves and managing to dig himself out of a hole despite playing some pretty awful tennis at times.  Hopefully his nerves will have settled down a bit when it comes to playing Cilic, although it is worrying that he can still be so badly affected by them.

I think Andy's knee will be OK, and in fact the roof-break was a big benefit there since he was able to get it attended to and properly taped, thereby preventing further damage being done.  Also it spared him having to call for the trainer and suffer once again the Drama Queen accusations, although no doubt they'll still come from the usual suspects even although it was obvious from a video clip that the fall was a pretty nasty one.  He has an excellent team who will do all they can to get him as fit as possible.  He's played through ankle and back problems, so hopefully will do so successfully here.

Also did anyone notice Miles signaling to Baggy 1 set, c'mon. Never seen him do that when he was coaching Andy.
I didn't see that but I did see a hand gesture from the usually immobile Lendl (I think during the 2nd set) which looked to me and the person with me like some sort of signal.  Anyone else notice this?  Not a criticism by the way, just an observation.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 02:12 PM »

I didn't see that but I did see a hand gesture from the usually immobile Lendl (I think during the 2nd set) which looked to me and the person with me like some sort of signal.  Anyone else notice this?  Not a criticism by the way, just an observation.

Yes I noticed that too - it was when Andy was playing very passively so perhaps he was telling him to hit through the ball? Interesting, not seen Lendl do that before on court.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Well collectively I expect we were all shouting, "Stop being so bloody passive" so  perhaps we collectively twitched Ivan's finger...sort of telekinesis..
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53 PM »

Interesting stats so far, thanx to janetx Smile
http://www.tennisplanet.me/blog/2012/06/djokovic-federer-and-murray-after-three-matches-a-piece-wimbledon-2012-very-little-separating-the-th.html

Very close but Andy's break point conversion is horrible  though actually leads with match points won.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 03:17 PM »

Great match Baggy great sportsman Andy toughed it out, he will be up for it on Monday.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Lendl is on something methinks but it doesn't give him a high! Lift that hand just a little more to encourage your man dude.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »