Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock  (Read 3225 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 03:26 PM »

Yes I noticed that too - it was when Andy was playing very passively so perhaps he was telling him to hit through the ball? Interesting, not seen Lendl do that before on court.
Oh good.  I thought I might stand accused of being negative, but not once have I seen Lendl change even his facial expression during a match.  As I recall, he had his hand on the edge of the box and raised it briefly.  Telekinesis or not I think we were all going a bit mental at that stage!  Whether Andy's passiveness was due to nerves or the fact that his feet were slipping around in his shoes (which he changed at the break) goodness knows, but I hope Aggressive Andy shows up against Cilic, otherwise he'll probably lose.

I also hope, if he must keep a ball in his pocket, that he has a word with Adidas on the matter so's they can give him deeper pockets. lol  I think I've only seen that happen once to a player, never mind 3 times in one match - and those two lost points could have been very costly indeed. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59 PM »

I noticed the signal too Aileen - was afraid he might get done for coaching.  I also saw him smile at one point as things were going better -nearly fell off my chair.  I suspect the passiveness was combination of nerves, conditions and loss of rhythm following match against Karlo.
I'm a Baggy fan too and thought he played really good tennis for parts of the match and do love that smile.  But I'm afraid there's no contest when he's up against our Andy.
I noticed that when they repeated the post-match interview on R5L this morning they edited out the bit when he said he blamed his shorts - perhaps at request of Adidas?   Whistle
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Interesting stats so far, thanx to janetx Smile
http://www.tennisplanet.me/blog/2012/06/djokovic-federer-and-murray-after-three-matches-a-piece-wimbledon-2012-very-little-separating-the-th.html

Very close but Andy's break point conversion is horrible  though actually leads with match points won.
Thanks for the link Bbh. Ive not seen that one before.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #63 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Murray's latest BBC column.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18664872

I think I should do this during Andys matches as well.  We all should Very Happy

[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 01, 2012, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 06:30 PM »

:

I also hope, if he must keep a ball in his pocket, that he has a word with Adidas on the matter so's they can give him deeper pockets. lol  I think I've only seen that happen once to a player, never mind 3 times in one match - and those two lost points could have been very costly indeed.  
 I wondered if it was linked to his fall - cant remember the exact sequence of events so could be wrong. Lovely headline in Scotland on Sunday btw  - Caught short -Andy's wardrobe malfunction!  poster_oops
[ Last edit by Fiverings July 01, 2012, 06:42 PM ] IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »

It was a good match.  I did think that the plan went wrong.  I felt that Andy was trying to tire Bagdatis before sticking the knife in but the falls put paid to that until the end.  The last set was incredible and hopefully he will be able to reproduce that kind of tennis tomorrow.  They both played very well and Bagdatis is a very good player but just has not been consistent enough over the years.

The first ball seem to fall immediately after the fall.

In spite of all the publicity to the contrary Andy was only doing what the top players do - dig deep and come though.  When Fed or Djoker or Nadal do the same they are lauded as great.  What is wrong with the press and the Murray haters.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Just watched the final 2 games on the beebs website as I had to go out for my friends birthday last night and miss the tennis, cracking end!!!  I was hoping there would be a full repeat on the red button but there wasn't.  I managed to catch the first two sets before I went out so woulda been nice to watch the last two, should have recorded it Frown D'oh!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 07:57 PM »

AILEEN: "I also hope, if he must keep a ball in his pocket, that he has a word with Adidas on the matter so's they can give him deeper pockets. lol  I think I've only seen that happen once to a player, never mind 3 times in one match - and those two lost points could have been very costly indeed."

I believe it's Karlovic to blame for Andys (tennis) balls popping out. As you so astutely observe, you've only ever seen this happen once and just one ball.
Ivo or his team must have bribed someone in the dressingroom to shorten Andys pockets a little and cause this mishap. I cannot be a fluke or coincidence, as Karlo pointed out regarding his foot faults! Impossible lmao
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Woop Woop!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Woop Woop!

Did you see his balls come out of his shorts?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 10:08 PM »

Just watched the final 2 games on the beebs website as I had to go out for my friends birthday last night and miss the tennis, cracking end!!!  I was hoping there would be a full repeat on the red button but there wasn't.  I managed to catch the first two sets before I went out so woulda been nice to watch the last two, should have recorded it Frown D'oh!
The whole match is on BBC iPlayer if you're interested. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ks81q/Wimbledon_2012_Day_Six_Match_Two_Marcos_Baghdatis_v_Andy_Murray/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Murray's latest BBC column.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18664872
I like Andy's blogs.  They're always interesting and give a good insight into what goes on behind the scenes - like how he spent the time waiting for the match to start.  Also good to know that he seems to have no ill effects from his various tumbles on court.

I believe it's Karlovic to blame for Andys (tennis) balls popping out. As you so astutely observe, you've only ever seen this happen once and just one ball.
Ivo or his team must have bribed someone in the dressingroom to shorten Andys pockets a little and cause this mishap. I cannot be a fluke or coincidence, as Karlo pointed out regarding his foot faults! Impossible lmao
One conspiracy deserves another! Very Happy
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #72 on: July 02, 2012, 01:08 PM »

Ooooh awesome!!  Thanking yous Very Happy hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #73 on: July 02, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Did you see his balls come out of his shorts?
Yah, it came a couple of times...he was really pissed off!!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis and the clock « Reply #74 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26 PM »

Yah, it came a couple of times...he was really pissed off!!!!!
Not surprising - handing two points like that to his opponent, especially in a Slam he desperately wants to win, is just insane.  Adidas claimed it was a manufacturing fault, but Andy isn't taking any chances and will now be wearing a different style of the same shorts, at least for the Cilic match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply