Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Falla 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray beats Falla

(Read 2169 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27 AM »

Didn't even think of googling as all the usual sources weren't showing it.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Andy's post match interview

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Andy-Murray-23-March.aspx

There's a lot about working with Lendl - who was obviously much calmer about the IW loss than some people here!

Q.  Did Ivan identify anything?  Did he sort of pick anything up long distance?
 ANDY MURRAY:  No, I spoke to him.  First thing he said to me was, Don't worry about it at all.  Don't overthink it.  It happens sometimes.  The conditions in Indian Wells are very, very different to most places that we play on the tour.
 He actually said that if he had had his way he would never have played at Indian Wells because he didn't like the conditions there.
 You know, he just said, Don't worry about it.  I spoke to all of the guys.  Everyone said your attitude was good in practice.  You did everything that they asked you to do off the court.  That's all you can do.  Sometimes you just have a bad day, as well.  So that was kind of what he said.
 Then when we got on the court here we just got back to working on all of the stuff I was doing before Dubai, before Australia, and just got back to doing the basics.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 10:40 AM »

Many thanks, Apollo for posting the article; a nice and positive read.

It really is encouraging to understand Andy's positive attitude both on court and with the media at interviews. A different and more mature AM. Helped by Ivan Lendl? It is also interesting that both Cahill and Lendl assured Andy that the IW result was to be dismissed as nothing to be concerned about, but to immediately remove it from his thinking.

I am aware that Andy's immediate and long-term goal is to join the greats by winning a Slam. Maybe, it will or will not happen, but Andy is without a doubt the greatest tennis player this country has produced since Perry. And perhaps, Andy is even greater than Perry.

Whatever part of his career is mapped out for Andy, I along with the large percentage of MW fans will continue my undivided support until the end of his playing days.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Didn't even think of googling as all the usual sources weren't showing it.

My livestreams on the usual sources are bad enough without spending the time going with someone else. 

Who was it btw Aileen?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #49 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00 PM »

Thanks for the post-match interview - a very interesting insight into how Mr L is approaching his role as coach; sounds v good to me I must say. And pleased that both Mr L and Cahill saw IL as just a blip not to worry about.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #50 on: March 24, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Ruthie sky is showing Andy's match at 3pm today. I will have to go out but I have pressed the record button so I will be able to see it if I am not home in time. Coverage of todays matches starts at 6pm.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 02:56 PM »

My livestreams on the usual sources are bad enough without spending the time going with someone else.  

Who was it btw Aileen?
tennis.trueonlinetv.com - I came across a youtube video to this link which specifically mentioned Murray's and Nadal's matches.  However, I'm quite prepared to believe this could have been wishful thinking on somebody's part!

Andy's post match interview

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Andy-Murray-23-March.aspx

There's a lot about working with Lendl - who was obviously much calmer about the IW loss than some people here!

Q.  Did Ivan identify anything?  Did he sort of pick anything up long distance?
 ANDY MURRAY:  No, I spoke to him.  First thing he said to me was, Don't worry about it at all.  Don't overthink it.  It happens sometimes.  The conditions in Indian Wells are very, very different to most places that we play on the tour.
 He actually said that if he had had his way he would never have played at Indian Wells because he didn't like the conditions there.
 You know, he just said, Don't worry about it.  I spoke to all of the guys.  Everyone said your attitude was good in practice.  You did everything that they asked you to do off the court.  That's all you can do.  Sometimes you just have a bad day, as well.  So that was kind of what he said.
 Then when we got on the court here we just got back to working on all of the stuff I was doing before Dubai, before Australia, and just got back to doing the basics.
That wouldn't be difficult! Very Happy

Anyway thanks for the link to the interview.  Andy is so refreshingly honest and frank here.  Interesting that Lendl told him not to "overthink" the match - something I feel he's been prone to doing in the past.  Also I'm very glad that, despite the predictions of some nay-sayers, his relationship with Lendl seems to be working out well.  Clearly there is close bond between them.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 24, 2012, 03:25 PM ] IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Andy's game, confidence and general well being has improved around Ivan Lendl's presence- take Brisbane, The Australian Open and now Miami. This relationship will last and will prove fruitful, I have no doubts in my mind.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Came back from shopping only to met by NO TENNIS and football on. Not to happy with sky they tell you one think and put something different on. I do not think its on later as I checked all the sports channels.
I hope its on later but very much doubt it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Came back from shopping only to met by NO TENNIS and football on. Not to happy with sky they tell you one think and put something different on. I do not think its on later as I checked all the sports channels.
I hope its on later but very much doubt it.
It's on the red button llb - off sky4 there's interactive tennis with 2-3 options depending on how many men playing in show courts at the time.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray beats Falla « Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Thanks Ruthie
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »