Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals

(Read 1322 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « on: January 06, 2012, 12:21 PM »

Andy Murray eased into the semi-finals of the Brisbane International with a 6-2 6-2 win over Marcos Baghdatis.

The Scot started on top form taking a 4-0 lead in the first set while the second set proved to be a closer affair.

Murray broke Baghdatis' serve in the fifth game of the second set to eventually secure himself a place in the semi-finals against Bernard Tomic.

Full match replay (1 video)

[ Last edit by Mark January 06, 2012, 12:45 PM ] IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35 PM »

Well done Andy. Great marker to put down.

Im about to watch this right now. Amazingly you can get the full match on youtube!!

Enjoy...
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:38 PM »

Thanks Mark. I like to see the headlines posted on MW clap
Short and sweet, but there's nothing more to be said.
 yay
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:48 PM »

drchef: Thanks, I've added that to the article.

lashurt: Thank you for trying to make me feel better for my pathetic article Smile
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Wish all tournies did this. It would save a whole load of us from turning up to work looking like zombies!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49 PM »

that first point in that match was stunning from Andy  clap  w00t  very aggressive.. and that winner ... Wow!  cmon yeah   thats what I like to see from Andy  clap  yay
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Andy's defence into attack is superb at times  clap  cmon yeah  I hope for some more aggressive and well played points like he did in this match when he plays the dangerous Tomic Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Baghdatis certainly wasn't at his best in this match but Andy played some superb and aggressive tennis and was a thoroughly deserving winner.   However, impressive though they may be, I wish he would steer clear of the hot dogs!  Although his second one was effective, he very nearly came a cropper when he lost his balance attempting his first.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Well done Andy. Now he'll have Ivan at his side for the next match, be good to see him there in Andy's box. Seemimgly he's very pumped up and excited. YOO HOO.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48 PM »

I'm guessing Andy will have his serious game face on against Tomic not only to try and put one over the young upstart (who's game resembles closest to Andy's) but also hoping to impress coach Lendl.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I also think Andy will be sharp from the start as Lendl will be watching, and I'm sure Andy wants to impress him, and also he is bound to be a bit nervous this time as he knows Lendl is watching, and that's when Andy plays his best. I will set my alarm for this, definitely not a match to miss.   cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 07:12 PM »

I also think Andy will be sharp from the start as Lendl will be watching, and I'm sure Andy wants to impress him, and also he is bound to be a bit nervous this time as he knows Lendl is watching, and that's when Andy plays his best. I will set my alarm for this, definitely not a match to miss.   cmonandy
But remember it may take him a bit of time to work out how to play Tomic as he's never played him before and that is when Andy can come unstuck sometimes however good the scouting.  So we should be patient if he doesn't come out all guns blazing.   cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 08:01 PM »

No, not to be missed indeed. Andy & Co. have done their research- Andy classed Tomic as unorthodoxed and with a changeable tempo. He'll need to be on the ball he said. cmon yeah cmon yeah

See you bright and early then!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Andy will work out Tomic in the same way that he worked out Dolgopolov at AO last year.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray beats Baghdatis to reach semi-finals « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 10:15 PM »

Thanks Mark for the video
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »