Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray blows Berdych off the court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray blows Berdych off the court

(Read 4124 times)
Dropnet

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 01:26 AM »

Oh yes, i am pretty sure he can manage it against both. What I think is that in a final against Ferrer, spaniard will start like he would have always played this kind of matches, while Andy, maybe, will think "After 4 losses, today...".
But, yes, I will support Ferrer tomorrow, hoping in a match of 10 hours! :P
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 01:28 AM »

Honestly, do you prefere to play against Ferrer and keep inside scary feeling about an incredible loss or prefere to play against Djokovic and go into the match thinking: "Ok, i am a little underdog in this final"?

I am definitely opting for Ferrer to make the final. No ifs or buts about that. Not sure though if it will happen but there's a possibility for that to happen. Either way, I believe Andy will be ready this time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 01:32 AM »

I thought I had clarified where I was coming from? I am reading other forums where people are claiming that Federer would have won the match today had he beaten Berdy the other night. It's just my right to speculate something similar?
And I could speculate my aunt may have had balls if she had been born a boy.  I hope that clarifies where I am coming from.  Speculation does not count for a hill of beans, Norma Jean. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 01:41 AM »

This picture explains the conditions pretty well and goes with the title too. lol

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45 AM »

I am definitely opting for Ferrer to make the final. No ifs or buts about that. Not sure though if it will happen but there's a possibility for that to happen. Either way, I believe Andy will be ready this time.
Eh?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31 AM »

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2012-09-08/201209081347138224017.html

Lots of credit given by Berdych for Andy's win....NOT!

I heard that the match should have been stopped:-

With winds estimated at 100kph an hour having a chaotic effect at times on Berdych's unusually high ball toss, the Czech claimed their semi-final should have been stopped.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 02:46 AM »

My computer is too darn slow, I can't play the interview Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Mak

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16 AM »

Fantastic news that Murray has progressed to the final, just a slight question though guys -- At what time do these matches take place, live - in the US? What time would it translate to the UK?

I have been trying to catch these matches ALL week and keep failing to do so. Does anyone know what time they start so I can potentially catch the final -- I'd be watching it on the Eurosport player if it helps with locking down a time..

Thanks, GL Murray!!  yay
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 04:26 AM »

Did it in the wind
Did it through the storm
Tornadoes don’t stop Andy
When Arthur Ashe is handy!

Celebrating along with you all.  Well done, Andy!
IP Logged
CaseyP

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 04:28 AM »

Fantastic news that Murray has progressed to the final, just a slight question though guys -- At what time do these matches take place, live - in the US? What time would it translate to the UK?

I have been trying to catch these matches ALL week and keep failing to do so. Does anyone know what time they start so I can potentially catch the final -- I'd be watching it on the Eurosport player if it helps with locking down a time..

Thanks, GL Murray!!  yay

Ferrer/Djokovic should start around 11am ET in the US, 4 pm UK on Sunday.

Men's final with ANDY!!!  Monday, 4 pm ET in US, 9 pm in UK, unless my tired self got that wrong.

Come on, Andy!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 04:29 AM »

Hi Mak, 2nd Semi is scheduled for 11:00 AM Sunday (4:00 PM UK)
Final scheduled for Monday at 4:00PM (9:00 PM UK)
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 04:33 AM »

Hi CaseyP, You beat me to it.  If you are wrong, that makes 2 of us! (but I'm quite sure this is correct)
IP Logged
CaseyP

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 04:37 AM »

Hi CaseyP, You beat me to it.  If you are wrong, that makes 2 of us! (but I'm quite sure this is correct)

Hi yourself,

We were probably typing at the same time:)

I think we're right too, weather permitting.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 07:03 AM »

- Nice report!
- it was a strange match, I think Andy did very well, and the result is the most impartant.....
- It's nice that Andy could finish this match, but it's not fair that the other SF has to be finish today. I think they should have been played both today or yesterday on two courts....
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 07:07 AM »

Tough cheese that Berdych couldn't handle the conditions especially the wind affecting his high ball toss. Andy served 74% 1st serves and kept the UE at 20 because he understood that with the wind, you have to play that bit safer.

I don't understand why no one coached Berdych to have lower ball toss when he was a junior as it can be susceptible to strong winds affecting it.

Would Andy have won Wimbledon had the weather not turned bad after the 2nd? Perhaps but Andy just dealt with the conditions once it had switched indoors. I sure hope this was karma being at work here..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »