Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray blows Berdych off the court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray blows Berdych off the court  (Read 3211 times)
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #60 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00 AM »

Great  coverage, Grab Copy with a  masterful ending. Is't Murray's win wonderful?  Surely he,ll win the final
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 08:46 AM »

Thanx for a gr8 report clap
So tense in that blooming tie br8, my stomach still in knots. nervous
But so impressed with Andy's play, conquering Bird Brian, conquering the wind and finally showing such steely determination in that tie br8.  Boxing
Couldn't stand Berd after that incident with Amalgro and now after blaming the weather, the same for both of them or hadn't he noticed, dislike is growing. Arrogant tw*t. yuk
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #62 on: September 09, 2012, 09:18 AM »

just heard michael stich,, sorry for the spelling,being interviewed  on Radio 5, Twice he referred to Murray as "playing for England"!! How success changes things
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39 AM »

BBC Sport's Saj Chowdhury on Twitter: "Biggest cheer of the night so far in the Olympic Stadium is for Andy Murray. The announcement is followed by Don't Stop Me Now by Queen."

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Super report Nigel. Somehow Andy coped with the wind and the conditions and both he and Berdych played without complaint about the weather. So did Ferrer, but Novak had a chunter about the wind - said it was unplayable, but the new world No.3 managed to do it - speaks volumes that does. Onwards and upwards Andy - apparently you were cheered last night in the Olympic Stadium and their choice of Queen and Dont Stop me Now was brilliant - so it should be tomorrow - may you be unstoppable.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #65 on: September 09, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Just a thought do you think  the great Arthur Ashe (what a loss to tennis) orchestrated the wind from up above onto his court to help our Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #66 on: September 09, 2012, 10:30 AM »

I'd love to see Ferrer win today mostly because he has never made a major final but I'd really like to see Andy beat Djoko to take the trophy.  I can just hear Andy's detractors otherwise - 'Well, yes, he won but he didn't beat any of the top 3 to get there.'  Can't you just hear it?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45 AM »

I think Berdych has come over as a complete tw*t. You can be certain that if he had won, his response would have been the complete reverse, that players have to deal with variation in conditions, and they shouldn't whine about it. He really is a two faced, sour grapes sort of child.

I was really gunning for Raonic for his comments before his match with Mr M, but I have now found and watched his full press conference afterwoulds - given he still looked in a state of complete shock, he was man enough not to make excuses, he said that he didn't think he played badly at all, it was simply that his opponent played much better than he had, particularly on the important points. I am sure that he will still home out with prattish comments in the future, but I will be more tolerant of him, because of his reaction to this loss. I actually hope he didn't go away down hearted , he did his very best and on this occasion it was not good enough. Equally I hope Berdych (and Fed), re watch the semi, and wince constantly. Berdych was out played, but also choked for part of it. I hope it makes him very downhearted for a long time to come.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Great report on a match played in horrendously tricky conditions.

Hmmm - well nobody believed me when I said we shouldn't start assuming anything just because Andy raced through the 2nd and 3rd sets, and look what happened!  Tennis is so unpredictable.  The momentum can change in just a point or two.  To be fair to Berdych (although why one should be after the disgraceful hat incident) he did well to pull himself back from the brink to turn the 4th set into a contest.  Fortunately Andy went one better by coming back in the tie-break and holding his nerve to win it.  I'm proud of our man.  Very proud indeed.
Berdych will not endear himself to the general public with that behaviour. I was so glad we (at least I) could clearly hear Andy asking TB, "are you 100% sure, because I'm not?".
He gave his oppenent the benifit of the doubt in a extremely important set (and match). Obviously, TB was going to get an advantage at that points outcome, whilst Andy was disadvantaged.

The chair umpire was far too weak and totally ineffective. His job is to make descisions and not to let an argument break out between players. He took on the role of a mere spectator, therefore, I hope he is not in the chair for the final!
[ Last edit by lashurst September 09, 2012, 11:26 AM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #69 on: September 09, 2012, 11:06 AM »

I actually feel quite calm about the final now. He has shown in this tournament so far that at the crucial points in the match, he can keep it together and remain completely focused. I don't think we wil ever see a repeat of the Wimbledon Semi of 2011, when he lost a point and it made him so lose his focus that he lost the match. He is coming through these tussles as the victor now. I think the benefit of the Olympic victory is that he now knows, that he can win a major final. He has the concrete evidence of a gold medal to prove it. I think we will see the Olympic Murray in the final. He will come out totally focused on the job in hand, and play like he did against Fed - one point at a time, until he has got enough to cash in  for the  trophy.

Even if the unthinkable happened and he did lose, I don't think any more it would destroy him. He has reached three major finals this year, and taken the prize in one of them, for the first time. Previously he has "only" managed one major final in a year. He would see it as a work in progress.

I loved the interrupted press conference - he looked, relaxed and happy and up for joining in the fun, which given how knackered he must have been is impressive in its own right. Remember how totally washed out he was in the press conference after his SF win against Tsonga at Winbledon, when he was so emotionally exhausted he came over as a bit of an u grateful brat, and could hardly string two words together.

Yesterday was a Murray knowing he had done well and able to aknowledge it, and enjoy the consequences of his actions. That serms a bit of a change to me. He seems far more secure in himself.

I now have high hopes that he is going to go into the final on a single minded march to the winning post, not letting anybody or anything distract him from his goal.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #70 on: September 09, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Another wrong assessment by those (not here) who are now saying that Federer would have won under these conditions. Please. His 1st serve would have been just as much under trouble and Andy would have taken full advantage of his 2nd serve. People, people, people some perspective please. Also, don't forget how well Federer played under the roof at Wimbledon after the rain delay, where the conditions were controlled. Ask Mac and he will tell you that Andy is the best player out there who tends to adjust the conditions the best because of the vast variety he has to offer and a brain that he has in his head. Come on! lol
yes   clap
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #71 on: September 09, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Was in the Olympic stadium last night (amazing atmosphere) so saw none of this live. I was checking on my phone throughout, however! Once Andy won, the stadium announcer let everyone know and a HUGE cheer went up. There's some real love for him around the UK now. A shame it took so long.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Was in the Olympic stadium last night (amazing atmosphere) so saw none of this live. I was checking on my phone throughout, however! Once Andy won, the stadium announcer let everyone know and a HUGE cheer went up. There's some real love for him around the UK now. A shame it took so long.
Good of you to share that with us Joe.
Its about time the lad got acclamation from the sporting public.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Sounds wonderful! It was also lovely to see the reception for the Olympic medallists who came on stage to sing along at the last night of the Proms yesterday, and also the BBC chorus doing the Mobot when getting their final round of applause!

I'll go along to the Olympic parade tomorrow, then hopefully see Andy win his first Grand Slam.....

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #74 on: September 09, 2012, 12:22 PM »

I heard that the match should have been stopped:-

With winds estimated at 100kph an hour having a chaotic effect at times on Berdych's unusually high ball toss, the Czech claimed their semi-final should have been stopped.
I bet he had a different opinion during the first set.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply